The Jarvanna petition!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

I like them as much as Garen x Katarina, Shen x Akali, and Ezreal x Lux.

Dracorya

02-19-2013

Jeezus people: I'm not against shipping. I'm against people who ship a pair so hard they refuse to acknowledge possibility of another ship just because they think theirs is "canon." And I'm not talking the good fun ribbing of discussing different ships like most of the discussion here, I'm talking about the kind of shipping that Zutarians do.

I had a situation like that when I was discussing with another player how I use an AU version of LoL in my personal RPs with friends where Garen is paired with an OC. Cue me getting attacked for breaking the "canon" pairing of GarenxKat.

I asked them what canon? Riot hasn't put down in paper that the pairing is legit, only left hints that it was possible. I'm fine with that, its fun when Riot does that, but that doesn't mean you get to belittle people who either don't believe in the ship or believe in another ship.

HonorableGeneral

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
I like them as much as Garen x Katarina, Shen x Akali, and Ezreal x Lux.
Garen x Kat at least has precedent in that they see each other as worthy sparring partners. Whether it goes beyond that is up for debate. Shyvana x Jarvan is most like this, as it does have roots in the lore (Jarvan was one of the first humans to treat Shyvana like a sapient being, and not like some animal or freak) and thus is possible for an official ship by riot.

Shen x Akali I personally ship but I understand it's not possible as Shen has no emotions and Akali is loyal to her duties as a member of the Kinkou. Shipping them, to me, seems out-of-character, but I personally like the idea of ninja babies. Maybe it's just me.

Ezreal x Lux LOOKS like a good couple physically (both blonde, thin figure, same skin tone, almost sibling-like...) and they would probably have some cool-looking kids, but personality-wise it's just not there. Lux is in a very fragile mental state (she's being forced to represent Demacia and has trauma from being taken away from her parents - who didn't even care - and raised by the military) and Ezreal's not exactly a loyal guy. He's an explorer, and explorers roam naturally. I just don't think a relationship between the two of them would work out in the long-run.

OuttaControl56

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
Ezreal x Lux LOOKS like a good couple physically (both blonde, thin figure, same skin tone, almost sibling-like...) and they would probably have some cool-looking kids, but personality-wise it's just not there. Lux is in a very fragile mental state (she's being forced to represent Demacia and has trauma from being taken away from her parents - who didn't even care - and raised by the military) and Ezreal's not exactly a loyal guy. He's an explorer, and explorers roam naturally. I just don't think a relationship between the two of them would work out in the long-run.
Through my eyes Lux is very fragile and chained to the Demacian city-state. Ezreal is an explorer.

Ezreal: "I can show you the wooorld.... Shining shimmering Spleeendoooor.

....Love at first stanza.

To elaborate: Ezreal can really show Lux the freedom that she's truly desired, take her places and explore without any nasty rules. He's the free spirit that can help Lux get out of her prison.

All they need to do is fake her death, dye her hair, and change her wardrobe. Its flawless!

Atik L Yar

02-20-2013

Ship-to-ship combat bump!

Alessandra

02-21-2013

i sign because this picture made me feel so bad for poor lil shyv

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7&d=1360896928

otherwise i have no qualms for either pairing as they both seem fitting

HonorableGeneral

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaControl56 View Post
Through my eyes Lux is very fragile and chained to the Demacian city-state. Ezreal is an explorer.

Ezreal: "I can show you the wooorld.... Shining shimmering Spleeendoooor.

....Love at first stanza.

To elaborate: Ezreal can really show Lux the freedom that she's truly desired, take her places and explore without any nasty rules. He's the free spirit that can help Lux get out of her prison.

All they need to do is fake her death, dye her hair, and change her wardrobe. Its flawless!
See, that's the inherent issue, though.

Ezreal is an explorer. He's not tied down to anyone nor anything - look at his lore. He's never seen working with any champions for long because he's a free spirit. Chaining him down to Lux would just be wrong, although it would be interesting to see them date for a while and then break it off when it inevitably doesn't work out.

Ezreal's doomed to roam the world alone - either that or he has to find a fellow explorer/traveler. Lux just wouldn't be able to cope with the change - even if it is freedom. Lux is basically like someone who hasn't had water for a long time. If you give them too much water, they'll drown themselves. She needs freedom, yes, but I think Ezreal is a bit too much freedom for her.

Character development needs to occur first, before her and Ez get on the love boat.

Nekron9

02-22-2013

Jarvanna was my first shipping, plus I am rather fond of the title "Dragon Queen of Demacia".

Atik L Yar

02-23-2013

Quinn and Valor: Damacia's Wings

Shyvana: Damacia's DRAGON!

Tortferngatr

02-24-2013

Signed!3