The Jarvanna petition!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkinAIQ View Post
Thank you! Some one else saw that about Shyvana and Jarvan. I really don't care for the rest XD
Now you know how I feel on GarenxKat.

Yes I do not support this couple. I see them as intense rivals, not a romantic pair.

But hey, if Riot wants to leave hints where a pair IS possible, that's cool on them. I just don't like it when people insist its canon. Until Riot puts it down in writing, its not.

HonorableGeneral

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
Now you know how I feel on GarenxKat.

Yes I do not support this couple. I see them as intense rivals, not a romantic pair.

But hey, if Riot wants to leave hints where a pair IS possible, that's cool on them. I just don't like it when people insist its canon. Until Riot puts it down in writing, its not.
You can't stop people from shipping, and it's not like Riot's losing anything by shipping any of their champions, so it's more of fan service than anything else.

OuttaControl56

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
You can't stop people from shipping, and it's not like Riot's losing anything by shipping any of their champions, so it's more of fan service than anything else.

And hey, who doesn't like fan-service?

On this note, JarvanxShyvana is more probable than KatarinaxDarius because there isn't any background or interaction between Katarina and Darius. Just because they're on the same side doesn't make them a legitimate pairing.

JarvanxShyvana and GarenxKat are more sensible. Not by much, but more so because they actually interact in their lores. That opens doors of development, no matter how small.

Basically, Kat and Darius is like Nunu and Lulu pairing up because they both have U's in their name.

....But lets face it. Other than Ashe/Tryndamere and maybe Teemo/Tristana, I doubt any other pairing is going to be established with such dominance. (Quinn might break this though.)

HonorableGeneral

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaControl56 View Post
And hey, who doesn't like fan-service?

On this note, JarvanxShyvana is more probable than KatarinaxDarius because there isn't any background or interaction between Katarina and Darius. Just because they're on the same side doesn't make them a legitimate pairing.

JarvanxShyvana and GarenxKat are more sensible. Not by much, but more so because they actually interact in their lores. That opens doors of development, no matter how small.

Basically, Kat and Darius is like Nunu and Lulu pairing up because they both have U's in their name.

....But lets face it. Other than Ashe/Tryndamere and maybe Teemo/Tristana, I doubt any other pairing is going to be established with such dominance. (Quinn might break this though.)
Teemo/Tristana is actually disputed since Rumble's preference for the little gunner has led to the theory that he's competing with Teemo for her affections.

Lore-wise, Teemo would be winning (since it's established that Tristana and Teemo interact on a regular basis due to their missions), but Teemo's mental instabilities mean Rumble's more than a capable candidate.

Admidus

02-18-2013

First of all this is just my opinion so plz donīt feel offended by my commentary if it is.

Shyvana doesnīt need a romantic couple
She only needīs a new home to stay in calm and relax ( in this moment it is Demacia ) after her experience with her father and her revenge
In the lore doesnīt said that they got any couple or any interest on a romance.

And remember... after all... riot said that they are only friends, and if you donīt believe me, then check the topic of the official lore of Shyvana in this forum.
I canīt really see how Jarvanna fanīs did create this love story. Sorry I am not with this.

OuttaControl56

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
Teemo/Tristana is actually disputed since Rumble's preference for the little gunner has led to the theory that he's competing with Teemo for her affections.

Lore-wise, Teemo would be winning (since it's established that Tristana and Teemo interact on a regular basis due to their missions), but Teemo's mental instabilities mean Rumble's more than a capable candidate.
Mental instabilities? Just because the guy has a quiet and efficient battlefield attitude doesn't make him clinically insane. 8I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admidus View Post
First of all this is just my opinion so plz donīt feel offended by my commentary if it is.

Shyvana doesnīt need a romantic couple
She only needīs a new home to stay in calm and relax ( in this moment it is Demacia ) after her experience with her father and her revenge
In the lore doesnīt said that they got any couple or any interest on a romance.

And remember... after all... riot said that they are only friends, and if you donīt believe me, then check the topic of the official lore of Shyvana in this forum.
I canīt really see how Jarvanna fanīs did create this love story. Sorry I am not with this.
I can understand your sentiments but for a fan of each champ its too easy to envision for me.

Shyvana chases after the murderer of her father and Jarvan, moved by her bravery, joins her and bravely demonstrates how manly he and his compatriots are.

Shyvana is moved by such a display of courage and thus happily accepts to accompany him in Demacia, which serves as her new home.

But the romantic portion can easily be seen or interpreted from this. Jarvan is touched by Shyvana's defiant attidue and Shyvana is woed by his valor. If you like both champions, how can you resist shipping this?

fortide

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaControl56 View Post
Mental instabilities? Just because the guy has a quiet and efficient battlefield attitude doesn't make him clinically insane. 8I
In Teemo's previous lore, it was implied that he was insane (or at least, somewhat mentally unsound) and that his mask of happiness was beginning to crack. I think people brought part of that over to his new lore, since it's Teemo and he's an annoying rat yordle.

OuttaControl56

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortide View Post
In Teemo's previous lore, it was implied that he was insane (or at least, somewhat mentally unsound) and that his mask of happiness was beginning to crack. I think people brought part of that over to his new lore, since it's Teemo and he's an annoying rat yordle.
Well, I honestly take new lores over past lores. I feel they are more canon than the past. So in the past I would put Teemo in the nuthouse, right now he's just a complex character rather a bipolar one.

Lonjanis

02-18-2013

just wanted to throw this in. About katXdarius. That seems super unlikely to me. As Darius is a huge part of Swain's faction within Noxus ( yes yes I realize you could argue all of Noxus is Swains faction) While Kat was adamant that her father was the number one choice for leadership. Who just happened to vanish. I'm pretty sure she isn't too friendly with team swain.

HellComet

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonjanis View Post
just wanted to throw this in. About katXdarius. That seems super unlikely to me. As Darius is a huge part of Swain's faction within Noxus ( yes yes I realize you could argue all of Noxus is Swains faction) While Kat was adamant that her father was the number one choice for leadership. Who just happened to vanish. I'm pretty sure she isn't too friendly with team swain.
This wont stop me from shipping them, for a stronger Noxian future