Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Jarvanna petition!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkGret

02-14-2013

jarvana 5ever. riot pls.

Atik L Yar

02-14-2013

Quote:
MurkinAIQ:
Wait, where in the lore does it say that Shyvana has feelings for Jarvan? From what I read Jarvan was looking for the same person as Shyvana and they joined forces fought Shyvana ripped the heart out and.... then she was invited and became an elite guard... did I miss something?

It's never outright stated, but it's implied.

Shyvana is an outcast from the human and dragon worlds, and one could argue that Jarven was the first person to ever treat her with real respect. It seems only natural she might have developed feelings for him.

And then, on Jarven's end, he was clearly impressed with her skills and abilities (offering her a place in Damacia, and allowing her to represent it in the League) so it's entirely possible that could flourish into more romantic feelings. (Especially in someplace like Damacia, which loves its action girls.)

AIQ

02-14-2013

Quote:
Atik L Yar:
It's never outright stated, but it's implied.

Shyvana is an outcast from the human and dragon worlds, and one could argue that Jarven was the first person to ever treat her with real respect. It seems only natural she might have developed feelings for him.

And then, on Jarven's end, he was clearly impressed with her skills and abilities (offering her a place in Damacia, and allowing her to represent it in the League) so it's entirely possible that could flourish into more romantic feelings. (Especially in someplace like Damacia, which loves its action girls.)

I guess...
But I think she just wanted a home not Jarvan. Could be wrong.
I never really enjoyed that concept, I like Shyvana as an independent woman/dragon that now has something to fight for and defend. I think love in a battlefield would make her weaker.
Of course this is 100% my opinion I just was wondering if that information did exist, now that I know it doesn't I'm fine that people can interpret it how they desire.

SO! Hextech/Battlecast Shyvana votes!

Atik L Yar

02-14-2013

Quote:
MurkinAIQ:
I guess...
But I think she just wanted a home not Jarvan. Could be wrong.
I never really enjoyed that concept, I like Shyvana as an independent woman/dragon that now has something to fight for and defend. I think love in a battlefield would make her weaker.
Of course this is 100% my opinion I just was wondering if that information did exist, now that I know it doesn't I'm fine that people can interpret it how they desire.

SO! Hextech/Battlecast Shyvana votes!

I was kinda hoping we would eventually see a Commando Shyvana.

But a Battlecast would be awesome.

I'm personnally obsessive about shipping. My favorite part of any story is bound to be one of the romances between chatacters. It's by far my favorite part of story-telling, and it's why I quickly caught onto the idea of Jarvanna, and became a heavy supporter.

SoresuMakashi

02-14-2013

I don't think I want to support this without some more lore to set things up. Sometimes, even if there's little implication, you just want two people to get together (Lulu x Veigar!). This isn't really one of those times.

There is potential in Jarvana, but it's not very well defined at the moment. Not to mention that Jarvan is a prince with a strong sense of royal duty...

Atik L Yar

02-14-2013

Quote:
SoresuMakashi:
I don't think I want to support this without some more lore to set things up. Sometimes, even if there's little implication, you just want two people to get together (Lulu x Veigar!). This isn't really one of those times.

There is potential in Jarvana, but it's not very well defined at the moment. Not to mention that Jarvan is a prince with a strong sense of royal duty...

And, on the other hand, Quinn is a commoner with a crush on Jarven, yet Riot is seemingly intending to ship them.

Jarvanna has at least as much backing as Jarquinn, and has been around longer. Shyvanna has also been tossed to the side and forgotten about by Riot recently, and I would certainly like her to get some attention. (Especially in the way of shipping, because damnit I love shipping.)

Ireliateyou

02-14-2013

Just imagine what their children would look like!

Atik L Yar

02-14-2013

Quote:
FabulousJeremy:

Amazingly badass quarter-dragons?

SoresuMakashi

02-14-2013

Quote:
Atik L Yar:
And, on the other hand, Quinn is a commoner with a crush on Jarven, yet Riot is seemingly intending to ship them.

Jarvanna has at least as much backing as Jarquinn, and has been around longer. Shyvanna has also been tossed to the side and forgotten about by Riot recently, and I would certainly like her to get some attention. (Especially in the way of shipping, because damnit I love shipping.)

AFAIK, Riot isn't shipping them. They'll probably lay some subtle hints down to create speculation, but at the end of the day, commoners and half-dragons aren't really royal material.

Maybe this will change if Riot further develops the lore later, but I can't see a serious relationship happening ATM. Not until Jarvan really gets to know one of them.

SoresuMakashi

02-14-2013

Quote:
FabulousJeremy:

Tiber Septim, uniter of Valoran!