Pantheon and Leona; What's the Lore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merxamers

02-14-2013

I'm asking what exactly the lore status is with Leona and Pantheon. I know they're from the same place (Runeterra SParta, or something) and that they were childhood friends. I'd like to imagine that they act like bffs, carousing and crashing parties and stuff all the time, and acting like total bros (except ones a girl).

However, i heard somewhere that they actually don't like eachother now, or something. Can someone enlighten me? what's the deal here?!?!

Lionant

02-14-2013

In another thread, IronStylus said, "Pantheon is a childhood friend. By the time Leona is confronting Diana in the temple that friendship is long distant I feel, or isn’t really relevant. They’ve both grown up."

(Link to that post: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...84485#27884485)

But it's possible they still hang out and bro it up - it's up to your personal interpretation of the lore

Merxamers

02-14-2013

<sigh> maybe my version was TOO INTERESTING and FUN for this game (grumpy face)

Are

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Well, their lore only speaks that they come from the same place, and are childhood friends.

If you look at Leona's judgement, when she is refuses to kill Malik, Pantheon is ordered to tell her to kill him.

Pantheon's character is supposed to be a ruthless warrior, but Leona is like a human rights person.

Pantheon: I just killed that guy, it was great.

Leona: Um...

I always liked them as a pair when I found out they were childhood friends, but I guess that's the extent of how it goes. (IronStylus pls)

SoresuMakashi

02-14-2013

Yeah, at the moment he's a little bit of a third wheel compared with the Leona and Diana story.

I'd love to see the Rakkor/Solari get pulled into the story arc though. Their (and, by extension, Pantheon's) traditionalist and stubborn natures are the obvious contrast to Diana's revelation, with the more balanced yet increasing conflicted Leona caught between their animosity.

Merxamers

02-15-2013

i feel like Pantheon's lore is a bit weak right now; the ONLY thing that connects him to any other champion is his 'childhood friendship' with Leona. Apparently, that doesn't even matter anymore, to the point where i wonder why it was in the lore to begin with.

I think the intertwined champion interactions (nassus/renekton, garen/lux, darius/draven, etc.) all make the game MUCH more interesting, and would really like it if their relationship was a bit more developed. While i'd VERY much prefer a more jovial 'brotastic' relationship, a conflicting one could be done well as well; Leona, the apparent archon of an ancient tradition coming into conflict with a born and raised, traditionalist warrior Pantheon; that's some good stuff right there! RIOT PLS

z0Gravity

05-23-2013

My opinion on this

Pantheon is from a war like culture and he follows it like a religion. He lives for war and the thrill of a good fight and has no qualms with killing anyone. Leona is from a similar culture however she turned her back on that and she decided to protect the weak and to never kill when there is a lack of merit or reason.

Pantheon- Survival of the fittest and the life of the art of war.
Leona- To defend and protect the weak

Both Pantheon and Leona live by different principles and follow their own philosophy, due to Leona turning her back on their similar culture I believe that their friendship has faded and if they were ever to meet Pantheon would shun and ignore her, however if she was ever in trouble he would have her back and probably use some witty excuse that he wants a worthy opponent to fight and he wasn't intending to save her.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2013

So's you think he's tsundere for Leona?

Grand Viper

05-24-2013

I'm going to post something here since I'm writing about Leona, Diana, Pantheon and Molik.

When I read IMTOOJUICY's Pantheon and Leona fic, he completely inspired this line for me and how to phrase Pantheon's thinking towards Leona:

"Before anyone else saw her, she was our light. Before anyone else cared, she was the warmth in our hearts. Before anyone else noticed, she was our sun in the sky, and we let them take her away."

He would be grumpy about it, but Leona made her choice. He respects her for it, because although he asked her to kill Molik, he didn't step in. Is it because he gave her up, or he let her make her choice, to let her live her life the way she's wanted to? To have the courage to take that step, and die if need be, to do what she wanted?

I think Pantheon still cares about her, but knows that his opinion, his actions, will not move her heart. Is he cold about it? Maybe, but he knows she won't think ill of him. He's not the one needed to defend her, but perhaps one day, he will be able to stand beside her, as her equal, just like when they were children.

Toki Wo T0mare

05-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantWings View Post
So's you think he's tsundere for Leona?
This. Also, they're from the same culture, she just has different beliefs, which may or may not be due to the whole sun guy that came before her, reincarnation and all that.