Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

02-25-2013

Quote:
DarkCrimsonDeath:
scrolling the time bar of my replay result to a bug splat.

Had this happen like 4 times - also triggered one when i hit backspace twice in a short span.

DarkCrimsonDeath

02-25-2013

Quote:
Noric:
Had this happen like 4 times - also triggered one when i hit backspace twice in a short span.

just got busplat 3x on replay just now.

SpderMan

02-26-2013

not sure if this is right thread but after exiting a replay my screen stayed black for a few minutes. closed the client to log back in and login took noticeably longer than average

ButterflyPuwn

02-26-2013

Exiting out of the replay system always result in a black screen on the Air client.

Zephalon

02-26-2013

Riot nominated for epicness again... Will go all out in feedback's and pitching in on testing it...

mrey619

02-26-2013

cool

Hobolisious

02-26-2013

Like the system from what i've seen, however I'm getting long wait times for replays to load and after a replay, especially if I exit it early my client is just black for several minutes. Actually if I leave early there is a chance it just never starts back up and I have to close the client and reload.

Darklightning

02-28-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
I can answer this being the guy who is ALSO in charge of the player behavior team.

We haven't made a final call on this, however we're not sure that they add that much value to the tribunal for several reasons:
2) Currently the bulk of offenses that show up in tribunal are related to chat, which chat logs actually present pretty well, whereas replays (like spectator) would only show cross-team chat.
For those reasons, we're leaning way from including replays in tribunal anytime soon. That said, as with all things PB related, we're open to player input and feedback.

Glad you're open to input... not sure if this will make it to you.

I will begin by admitting I don't do Tribunal much. One of the things I hated was when it seemed it was 1 person versus 4 in a chat log. He would claim he or another person was or wasn't doing something and the other 4 would deny it saying they would report him. In these instances it isn't clear from chat who is lying. It would be nice if the replay was available for clarification. Especially if there are 5 games where a person doesn't have much in game chat to indicate why he was reported.

In regards only global chat being available... disappointed. I suppose the work to limit chat to a specific team for each replay may be hard but I think one of the added values that you could offer over lolreplay was team chat... so that you can see where communication broke down or was really key in a game. So you can see exactly how late you were in typing ss or mia... or how long it took your teammates. Also this would help tribunal.

There are my thoughts Thanks for reading if you did, and even more so on commenting!

Darklightning

02-28-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:
Replay files are in a proprietary format with a .ROFL file extension. (Replay OF LoL)

You say ROFL... I say ROFLMAO....

Darklightning

02-28-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
Its too easy to have this become destructive for our players. Many people play games with friends and we don't want them to feel like they have to watch what they say to their own friends (in terms of potentially personal information) because that information will end up in a replay file and out to the public. Honestly, for similar reasons, we're considering removing cross-team chat from replay files as well.

I believe there is a department at LoL to promote a positive player experience... imagine this... player's worrying about what they say... it might result in... <Gasp> no more raging.

As for friends saying what they want... they should be in a voice client anyway. :P