Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GenMadHatter

02-19-2013

I do like how its like spectator mode but i wish it was how we played just following our champion and not knowing where the opponents were. but thats just me and to see all of the chat going on on both enemy and ally sides because some of the things we say in game are funny as hell

TheXthDoctor

02-19-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
This is currently what is showing up for all games played previous to replays being put on on the PBE. Look for a more recent game and it should work. (Or play one really quick. )

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Games played AFTER replays were added were showing "Replay Unavailable" (I played them for the explicit purpose of viewing the replay). I'm just now patching my PBE client again, so I'll try again once it's done.

edit: nevermind, I just found this:
Quote:
Cheironn:
There are no replays for bot games.

because I normally use bot games to test new stuff so I don't look like an idiot in pvp

ThatVayneGuy

Recruiter

02-20-2013

:O
fack lolrecorder and it's bugs! i've been waiting for this!

Jggidorrry

02-20-2013

Quote:
Kamikaze Chicken:
Will LolReplay files be compatible and/or will it be possible for a conversion to be made from .lrf files to .rofl files?

More than likely, Riot will not develop a conversion method between .LRF and .ROFL. This is because, as the devs stated, that the .rofl format is proprietary. If anyone were to develop a conversion method, it would most likely be either the developers of LoLReplay, which is unlikely simply because it's unnecessary for him to go from .lrf to .rofl, and if you want it in .lrf you'll probably just use that tool; or a method can be developed by a 3rd party, which is equally unlikely because of the logistics that actually entails. This is also assuming that each format uses the same or nearly the same type of data input, as such they can be converted(Like going from Meters to Feet, rather than Meters to Kilograms. They simply aren't interchangeable in the latter case, and conversion is not possible(not counting kg/m. That's cheating.))
Quote:
Mohammed Abdulaz:
Can you download the replay?

Quote:
Kavrae:
Can we get a "Save" button on the replay as well, instead of watching it being the only method of saving?

As for you guys, you really should read through at least the dev logs. Both of your questions have been answered at least twice each. Download by watching; there's currently not an option to just download, but the option is under review.

Agrexis

02-20-2013

I really like how you can be in queue and watch a reply of your past game at the same time! It's really nice!

hccpu

02-21-2013

To put this on the main server would indeed be a massive undertaking especially for the full match history roster like shown. Perhaps make an option in settings for users with some spare storage on hard-drive (I could prob give 50GB) we can donate to the cause. That or creating a file type to save to our machine which can be played back using the spectator mode are the only ways I see this working without overloading the servers. But who knows...
Good luck on your undertaking developers

Grammatizator

02-22-2013

You should be able to have an option to delete replays from your browser you don't want anymore.

Dagameison

02-22-2013

Why can't I watch any replays? Everytime after a game I go to my match history and it says "Replay unavailable"?

Aber Hawthorne

02-22-2013

Quote:
Dagameison:
Why can't I watch any replays? Everytime after a game I go to my match history and it says "Replay unavailable"?

So far I figured you can't replay bot games.

-------------------------------------------------------------
When you try to go back, about 3-4 times, and it also gets FPS lag, it crashes and shows a "Bug Splat".
Happened when I was trying to see how I got a kill.

DarkCrimsonDeath

02-25-2013

scrolling the time bar of my replay result to a bug splat.