Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Status Kwoh

Producer

02-16-2013

Quote:
Bul:
Is there a way to permanently save a specific replay if we like them?

Once you watch it, we do save a file to your hard drive so its easy to watch again or share with friends. Once its on your hard drive, it only goes away if you delete it.

Status Kwoh

Producer

02-16-2013

Quote:
illianna:
Just a quick question: Is there any plan to implement links to replays for tribunal purposes? Specifically, any time a report is sent the link to the replay being automatically included in case there are questions regarding conduct outside of chat.

Also, would it be possible in the future to include team chat for each team? So far, I've mainly used the replay feature as a way to identify areas where I'm making mistakes in my own play, and to help understand how my own team and the other react to my actions. I've noticed a difference in my play just over the course of the day, having the ability to immediately go back and overview where there was room for improvement. Having the in-team chat from both teams would help in understanding thought processes a bit, and also help understand where the problem wasn't technical skill, but lack of communication, though I will say when I get used to using the new pings more proficiently, it should help more than text.

Another thing I noticed was that in the replay, retreat pings are still solid yellow, which makes it a bit difficult to tell which team was the one that used it. Would it be possible to make the center of the ping the team color, and only have the outer border be yellow/gold?

I answered both the tribunal and the chat questions earlier in this thread I'm pretty sure. Should be able to use the dev tracker to find the answers.

I'll talk about the pings with the team and see if there is something we can do.

CabecoteNA

02-17-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
I answered both the tribunal and the chat questions earlier in this thread I'm pretty sure. Should be able to use the dev tracker to find the answers.

I'll talk about the pings with the team and see if there is something we can do.

It's his 49 post for those interested

illianna

02-17-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:

Thank you on both accounts, don't know how I missed the post about the tribunal and chat (Post 44) ^.^;

Quote:
Status Kwoh:

3) Finally, from talking to our players, many of them will do Tribunal when not on a computer able to play the game, or do tribunal when unable to play. Since replays require the game client to be installed, how many replays are going to be watched by these players?

Since we're already seeing interest in editing the files, Will we eventually be seeing an external viewer that doesn't require the client? Besides the tribunal issues, it would be nice to be able to go over things when net access is down.

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
No. ROFL files are information for the client to render what is going on. There is nothing remotely like video content in them. The only way to "convert" them is to run them through our game client and capture the video from there. You'll need to use fraps or similar video capture software while running a replay.

Answered myself. I really need to pay more attention going through the posts

As far as the chat goes, I understand that there are some issues dealing with players sense of privacy - especially with premades. Could you make it an option in the in-game UI to toggle chat viewable in replays on a per-character basis, with it off as default? That would sidestep these issues.

Arcolyte

Recruiter

02-17-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:
We expect players to create all sorts of content using replays. As for Riot developed tools for video creation, that's not an immediate priority. Again, we're focused on core features and service for now.

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
We do not currently plan on supporting an unlocked camera.

Will there possibly be a separate tool designed for content creators? The ability to pan is HIGHLY important at certain times. I know this is probably 'borderline' pointless, but I hope no feedback is unimportant. Thanks for the feature one way or another.

Please reconsider, even if it has to be for power users or a separate thing like going in and editing a config file or something.

On the tribunal stuff:
Quote:
Status Kwoh:
I can answer this being the guy who is ALSO in charge of the player behavior team.

We haven't made a final call on this, however we're not sure that they add that much value to the tribunal for several reasons:

1) we're not sure how realistic it is to expect players to watch 2+ replays per case of variable length.

If its an option it can only add validity to the choice made by the judge.
Quote:
Status Kwoh:

2) Currently the bulk of offenses that show up in tribunal are related to chat, which chat logs actually present pretty well, whereas replays (like spectator) would only show cross-team chat.

I can understand that, but could be very useful for things such as intentionally feeding or being unhelpful, as those are harder to prove. I know I personally try to narrate a game when someone is doing something that I deem punishable, whilst trying to coax them into better behavior. However most can't or don't for numerous reasons.
Quote:
Status Kwoh:

3) Finally, from talking to our players, many of them will do Tribunal when not on a computer able to play the game, or do tribunal when unable to play. Since replays require the game client to be installed, how many replays are going to be watched by these players?

For those reasons, we're leaning way from including replays in tribunal anytime soon. That said, as with all things PB related, we're open to player input and feedback.

I think the replays, if/when used, should be tied to specific offense, and perhaps even an option on report. Where verbal abuse and harassment only need text, intentional feeding has the option of requesting a replay. If enough people report requesting replay evidence, then it comes through on the case.

Which brings me to another feature with that I have always wanted. I wish we could soft skip a case and come back to it later.

Thanks again.

-Arcolyte

Method512

02-17-2013

Somehow the replay extension made me laugh. lol

Can we see a feature in the future to change the replays directory?

Or a link on the pvp.net replay browser such as "View on explorer", to open the folder and select the selected replay on pvp.net, so we don't feel the need to browse a lot of replays. (I know we can search in windows, but this way it's faster and more user friendly imo).

Sorry if this was asked before. (Don't wanna browse for 32 pages :\ )

Komeiji Koishi

02-17-2013

Quote:
Method512:
Somehow the replay extension made me laugh. lol

Can we see a feature in the future to change the replays directory?

Or a link on the pvp.net replay browser such as "View on explorer", to open the folder and select the selected replay on pvp.net, so we don't feel the need to browse a lot of replays. (I know we can search in windows, but this way it's faster and more user friendly imo).

Sorry if this was asked before. (Don't wanna browse for 32 pages :\ )

Quote:
Zielmann:
Would it be possible to allow players to modify the directory for replays (and even screenshots)? I run my Live client on my SSD, which has limited space. I'd rather be able to avoid using up whatever space is possible on there if possible. I'd much prefer to be able to re-direct it to a folder on my bulk storage HDD.

Also, I just played a game and watched the replay afterwards. Do you have to watch the replay through entirely for it to show up in your replays tab? Because the replay didn't show up. Or is this another one of those "It'll show up after you log back in" kind of things? For the record, I started up the replay, skipped to a spot in the middle that I wanted to see, then jumped it straight to a few seconds from the end so the Victory screen would still show up, and I clicked the button on that screen to exit the replay.

EDIT: relogged and now it shows up. This style of bug seems rampant in the client. I'd have hoped it would have been fixed by now.

EDIT 2: I love the file extension, btw.

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
File extension was all me.

It should show up immediately in the browser, looks like there is a bug around when it shows up. We've got it marked to look into.

We've also noted the changing the folder option and will look into that too.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34661723#34661723

Method512

02-17-2013

@OMGWTFROTFLBBQ: Thanks for clearing that up.

My question about "View on explorer" still stands though.

IonDragonX

02-17-2013

@Riot

Will this new replay feature be connected to the Tribunal?

It would make ambiguous evidence perfectly clear by adding context .

AYD Business

02-17-2013

@RIOT
Awesome the replay function is here,
but wait the achievement function is still unavailable yet it has been there forever and still nothing has happened.
What are yall doin with your lives right now??