Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WKoO91

02-15-2013

Sadly I can not look through all the comments, but I got on bug:

If i open a replay and jump to a time e.g. 10:00, than everything on the screen is black. It look's like I'm watching the game as if I am dead (the same black/white colours).

BobbyOvsky

02-15-2013

Just using this thread to thanks Riot for implementing that great feature, and also congrats LOLReplay for the great job and service they have given to this community for all these years.

Vakabiel

Recruiter

02-15-2013

If we wanted to make a video from these replay would we have to fraps the replay since there aren't tools built in and the file format is .rofl?

Mr Mystical

02-15-2013

I love this new feature --- I just watched my last game back and it's so helpful to watch my play style and see where I can improve plus of course watch how some of my team fed badly at top ..ouch! It's really nice to be able to see the full game and how the entire team was playing. Riot this is amazing new feature and I'll be sure to watch more replays and provided feedback.

My questions is -- would it be possible to download the replay to save it on our own computer and watch it through LoL replay?

kodomonokotachi

02-15-2013

I can't watch any replays at all. Whenever I try to do so, I get this error (http://imgur.com/HBr3Iti) after which the game just crashes/closes.

I think the reason I'm getting this is because the folder path my replays are getting saved on have japanese characters on it (C:\Users\アルキミ\Documents\League of Legends\Replays) and the game isn't reading them properly. This is an somewhat common error that also happens with other applications or games sometimes.

An option to choose a different location for the replays would be nice (if there's one already and I'm not aware of it, please tell me).

Sir Azural

02-15-2013

Quote:
kodomonokotachi:
I can't watch any replays at all. Whenever I try to do so, I get this error (http://imgur.com/HBr3Iti) after which the game just crashes/closes.

I think the reason I'm getting this is because the folder path my replays are getting saved on have japanese characters on it (C:\Users\アルキミ\Documents\League of Legends\Replays) and the game isn't reading them properly. This is an somewhat common error that also happens with other applications or games sometimes.

An option to choose a different location for the replays would be nice (if there's one already and I'm not aware of it, please tell me).

Windows has a built-in function that can do it. Someone posted it a few pages back.

I don't have time to look for it right now, but it should be somewhere in the last ~10 pages.

Edit: Managed to find it pretty quickly. See if this works.

Quote:
Korejora:
For those asking about changing the destination folder: symbolic links can be made with a command in Windows Vista or 7 that will trick a program into putting your files in the directory you want.
> mklink /D "Drive:\Folder\League of Legends\ROFL files" "Other:\New\Directory\For\ROFLs\"
If you are using older Windows, you may have to use a junction instead of a symbolic link, which is the same command except for a "/J" instead of a "/D".
> mklink /J "Drive:\Folder\League of Legends\ROFL files" "Other:\New\Directory\For\ROFLs\"

Status Kwoh

Producer

02-15-2013

Quote:
Bul:
Whenever I try replay a match it waits for a while then says ''data file is corrupt. Game will now close''. Anyone get this?

Can you send in the replay file you're having problems with?

Status Kwoh

Producer

02-15-2013

Quote:
WKoO91:
Sadly I can not look through all the comments, but I got on bug:

If i open a replay and jump to a time e.g. 10:00, than everything on the screen is black. It look's like I'm watching the game as if I am dead (the same black/white colours).

Sounds like a manifestation of the black&white spectator bug being reported by many players right now. We'll look into it.

Status Kwoh

Producer

02-15-2013

Quote:
Rycko:
I am sure this has already been said or suggested, but is it possible to add some sort of way to convert the .ROFL file to a more usable video format? I am also assuming the reason it is .ROFL is because it has some background code to allow spectating features such as controlling vision but is there a way to simply extract only the video from some champions perspective? This could allow for much easier commentary and other things.

No. ROFL files are information for the client to render what is going on. There is nothing remotely like video content in them. The only way to "convert" them is to run them through our game client and capture the video from there. You'll need to use fraps or similar video capture software while running a replay.

phar0ah1

02-15-2013

I'm sure this has already been reported but when adjusting the time during a reply it will cause the screen to gray out as though you have been killed and will stay like that for the remainder of the replay.