Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mimodie

02-14-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:
The eSports team is excited to make this happen.

Not only the Esports team but anyone of us is !

I am definitely grateful that Riot keeps their promises despite how long we waited.

Reminder: Great thing always take time to be done right.
Note: if you can keep that time under a lifetime deadline it's a must obviously

exe3

02-14-2013

With both Replays and Spectator mode can you make it so you can access and browse the item store? The amount of times i've wanted to check a build order based on the items I saw people buying but couldn't because the store was unavailable is excruciating.

Status Kwoh rjcombo Morello lalalala

I disagree with being required to watch a replay before it gets stored on your computer. You should be able to select an option to download the replays directly without watching them. I think the current system will harm replays as you're forced into a bunch of tedious extra steps for situations where you know you want to keep the replay but don't want to watch it right now.

Fisherman Fizz

02-14-2013

Is it possible to access replays that are not in someone's match history but are still less than a week old?

Status Kwoh

Producer

02-14-2013

Quote:
Cryypter:

- Most of the matches I look at say "Replay Unavailable". They are of all different types (ranked, normal, co-op), an
- Matches I have watched don't appear in the replay tab
- I would suggest adding a note in the replay tab if it is empty that says "Check out your match history to watch replays, then they will show up here" or somesuch.
- Concerning the Tribunal, you should leave the option to view match replays, even if you don't require it, that way people who want to can better determine problems like intentional feeding, which is hard to do with just chat logs

1) The games that say replay unavailable - are these older games, or games played today?

2) Got this written down, looks like something not updating when it should. Will get it fixed as soon as we can.

3) This is planned, but not there yet.

4) Having something a replay optionally available for intentional feeding cases would make more sense. I'll bring this up with the tribunal team.

Status Kwoh

Producer

02-14-2013

Quote:
Fisherman Fizz:
Is it possible to access replays that are not in someone's match history but are still less than a week old?

With what is on the PBE right now? No - not easily. We have plans to make this easier but they aren't ready yet.

Aflaack

02-14-2013

This is great because I don't know a thing about replays so far a recording so now I can record things. Thanks Riot.

Cyraknoss

02-14-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
We are listening, but we want to see how it plays out over the next few days/weeks. We appreciate the instinct and desire to download all the games you think you're going to watch later. What we want to see is with this methodology do you feel like you don't have access to the games when you actually go to watch it? How many games do you actually really want to go back and watch and can you find them when you do.

We'll be watching both feedback on this as well as data of use around the replay feature to make this decision before we go live.

Unlike everyone else I'm perfectly okay with having to load up each replay before they're saved to my machine. It is an extra step but in order to ease the server stress this sytem will cause I'm okay with it. It is legitimately difficult to get 10 REPLAY WORTHY games in a single day, and frankly if I manage to get 10 games that I must have the replay of in a single day in a row it's time to take a break while I load each replay to save it anyways.

I could easily see a "download replay" button that didnt require loading up the replay to save it being overused. Without the extra step it's a lot easier to justify just spamming the button and sorting out which replays matter later as opposed to only grabbing games that you legitimately want/need the replay from.

DJANGO UNCHAINED

02-14-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
4) Having something a replay optionally available for intentional feeding cases would make more sense. I'll bring this up with the tribunal team.

Make sure that you still preserve the anonymity of players. That's one of the most important parts of the Tribunal, in my opinion.

Perhaps Tribunal Replays would be coded to not show Summoner names or the chatbox, as they are not needed in Intentional Feeding cases.

AmbrosialD

02-14-2013

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but a friend was saying it would be really cool if you could see graphs and things (similar to what you can see in the end screen) that update as the game goes on. Similar to the gold/items at the bottom, but another interface that shows all of that. This could also be in spectator mode of course, there are a lot of interesting stats there for tournaments and such.

Captain America

02-14-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:
Replays are stored on the server for 7 days after the game is completed, at which point they are deleted. Replays you've watched are stored on your local machine and only deleted when you choose to do so.

For funsies can you tell us about how much storage you expect 7 days of replays to take up on the riot servers?