Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HellrazahSD

02-14-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
'H' not work for you?

It does, but it doesn't clear everything. The menu is still present on the bottom left.

Yes, that may be being picky, but for some, like myself a clear screen is important.

Solari Brigadier

02-14-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
We are listening, but we want to see how it plays out over the next few days/weeks. We appreciate the instinct and desire to download all the games you think you're going to watch later. What we want to see is with this methodology do you feel like you don't have access to the games when you actually go to watch it? How many games do you actually really want to go back and watch and can you find them when you do.

We'll be watching both feedback on this as well as data of use around the replay feature to make this decision before we go live.

While a majority of League players are only going to want to download their "epic" games, or games they can show off to friends, I think it's fair to say that there are a good number of players (myself included) who want to download many more games for purposes of posterity, learning, casting, or any number of other reasons.

For people who want a collection of their games just for purposes of posterity, they don't care what's going on in them. For those who want a collection of games to study their or their opponents' or teammates' play, they also usually don't care what's going on in them.

Status Kwoh

Producer

02-14-2013

Quote:
HellrazahSD:
It does, but it doesn't clear everything. The menu is still present on the bottom left.

Yes, that may be being picky, but for some, like myself a clear screen is important.

I'll see if we can sneak some sort of option to make it go away.

Sailor Twift

02-14-2013

I strongly believe in prioritizing user control. User friendliness is obviously important, but providing the full array of intuitive options more technical users might incline is how games develop strong and permanent fan bases. There are still huge modding communities for Morrowind, for example, largely due to the freedom in user control that Bethesda offered in the construction kit.

An example of how Riot has poorly approached user control is the strict limitations on custom games. We can't make custom maps, bots are only available in "beginner" difficulty (that one really makes no sense), and we have no ability to modify fundamental game elements such as starting gold and levels.

That said, I'm hopeful that you load the replay feature with such options. Directory selection, free access to download replays WITHOUT having to watch them, and potentially even auto-download are all obvious user control elements that should go without saying. But as we all know, the world needs a Saiyan...

Korejora

02-14-2013

For those asking about changing the destination folder: symbolic links can be made with a command in Windows Vista or 7 that will trick a program into putting your files in the directory you want.

> mklink /D "Drive:\Folder\League of Legends\ROFL files" "Other:\New\Directory\For\ROFLs\"
If you are using older Windows, you may have to use a junction instead of a symbolic link, which is the same command except for a "/J" instead of a "/D".
> mklink /J "Drive:\Folder\League of Legends\ROFL files" "Other:\New\Directory\For\ROFLs\"

Azrael Varsyth

02-14-2013

After digging through this thread for awhile to find my answer, I didn't come up with anything. If I went past it, I do apologize.

QUESTION...will there be anyway that I can take the replay, and attach it some way into the bug reports for PBE and Live servers (when launched) for whenever I uncover a bug? I can't always screen cap something, especially when it's a bug related to movements. I had a moment where Blitzcrank was acting like a ballerina...screen capping that really wouldn't show off the bug very much. This would be a nice thing to know, so I'm better prepared in my testing, and how I would go about doing this.

Thornmaelstrom

02-14-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
I'll see if we can sneak some sort of option to make it go away.

Regarding Spectator/Replay viewing, I'd like if there was an option to have all of the UI except the Minimap disappear. Toggling the info block in the bottom-middle is nice, and turning everything off is nice, but I feel like I'd use minimap-only mode the most.

Cryypter

02-14-2013

- Most of the matches I look at say "Replay Unavailable". They are of all different types (ranked, normal, co-op), an
- Matches I have watched don't appear in the replay tab
- I would suggest adding a note in the replay tab if it is empty that says "Check out your match history to watch replays, then they will show up here" or somesuch.
- Concerning the Tribunal, you should leave the option to view match replays, even if you don't require it, that way people who want to can better determine problems like intentional feeding, which is hard to do with just chat logs

Chrystoff

02-14-2013

-What's the story with replays and spectating? if a friend is watching a replay can you right click on him and spectate the replay with him?
-also, if you spectate a game does that get added to your local files to watch later?
-or would you have to go to one of the players profiles in the match after the match, and watch the replay from there?
-and is there a way to add another players replay to local without watching it?

...why is spectate and spectating not a word!?

Venova

02-14-2013

Do the replays store mouse movement and the player's camera movement from the game like Dota 2 does? I really really really love this feature in Dota 2 because then it's really storing what I did and saw during the course of the game, and recording it for youtube is identical to if I had been recording while I was playing. If this is not currently possible, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RIOT ADD THIS! And also for spectator games, so you can switch from directed camera or follow to "player perspective" again like Dota 2, where you can see their mouse and camera movements. This really is a huge huge contextual and learning benefit for viewing replays or spectating, and it's lost in League. Seeing what a player is actually looking at, clicking, and focusing on, is a huge amount of context to their decisions and awareness. Please make this happen Riot, make this as good as Dota 2's replays!