Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deadstrikes

02-14-2013

Will we be able to save our replays to our own hard drive so we can watch them again even after the set time they are stored is over? Personally I would like to see this added even if it isn't available when the replay feature launches on the live. A few neat features that could be added over time after it launches on live is the ability to have it upload to a user's youtube account, ability to have voice over commentary (after watching the replay with an edit button), or even a community hub where people can browse replays. As far as a community hub for the hub I would think voice over commentaries maybe disable for the sake of keeping toxic players from having a new venue of harassing players through their videos. This feature maybe handy in the tribunal cases having it linked to the actual case file by having players the choice to send the replay to the tribunal and it opening via the ingame client. Overall I am excited for it because I will be able to record my replays with a more stable replay system. I hope that it would include camera controls so we can have a 360 degree view of the champions in action. Keep up the great work riot.

sov01

02-14-2013

Please give us the option to delete Replays from within the Replay Browser.

Right now you can only delete the file manually within Windows Explorer, which is kinda weird.

PSYQUICK

02-14-2013

Nice! Gratz riot.

Kinaro

02-14-2013

It would be nice to have the option to automatically save the replay for every match you play!
I mean without having to click on "watch" for every game.
(I'm just assuming that it works that way, I haven't played on the PBE yet.)

rjcombo

Lead Designer

02-14-2013

Quote:
sov01:
Please give us the option to delete Replays from within the Replay Browser.

Right now you can only delete the file manually within Windows Explorer, which is kinda weird.

I'll pass this on to the team. Thanks!

Jesbro123

02-14-2013

Just did a Custom Game with bots and saved the replay file. I was not going for anything Epic but this ended up being one of the best Dominion Combacks of all time. My team had 1 point left when we stopped ours from going down and theirs had over 120 and we ended up winning it in the end.

Since there is no support yet for ROFL files I am uploading it to mediafire.com:
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?kfvfw12bxgs78bm

Fomorian27

Recruiter

02-14-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:
This has to do with the relationship between the spectator service and the replay service. We don't allow spectating of Co-op games, so replays aren't generated for those games either.

Are there plans to make replays for coop games available in the future? I don't necessarily want it for myself, I just feel like replays should give the complete package.

Zielmann

02-14-2013

Would it be possible to allow players to modify the directory for replays (and even screenshots)? I run my Live client on my SSD, which has limited space. I'd rather be able to avoid using up whatever space is possible on there if possible. I'd much prefer to be able to re-direct it to a folder on my bulk storage HDD.

Also, I just played a game and watched the replay afterwards. Do you have to watch the replay through entirely for it to show up in your replays tab? Because the replay didn't show up. Or is this another one of those "It'll show up after you log back in" kind of things? For the record, I started up the replay, skipped to a spot in the middle that I wanted to see, then jumped it straight to a few seconds from the end so the Victory screen would still show up, and I clicked the button on that screen to exit the replay.

EDIT: relogged and now it shows up. This style of bug seems rampant in the client. I'd have hoped it would have been fixed by now.

EDIT 2: I love the file extension, btw.

zangtsa101

02-14-2013

I loved this!

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

02-14-2013

Quote:
Riot RoboLions:
We will look into 1-4 and work on a fix as we are able.

For #5 this is part of a feature we are considering that would allow you to watch a replay while waiting in the queue for another game (especially useful for streamers). If we can work out the kinks that you are experiencing it would kill your replay and auto-load the game (can't have both running at once).

#6) We could use your game logs to help reproduce this

I'll give you my game logs if you need them, but I think you guys should be able to reproduce it without 'em - really just go into your match history after a game, load up the replay, watch it (or exit?) and note that they aren't in the Replay Browser, it takes a restart before they show up in your Replay Browser.

The game logs, I'll give you the most recent one, found under Game - R3d Logs, correct?

And thank you for your swiftness, you and the replay team absolutely rock, many, many, many thanks.