New Diana Build (Experimental)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bushidobob

02-14-2013

So I had given up on Diana after they nerfed her a bit, but decided to give her another go recently. With the new available items it got me thinking, so I decided to experiment a little with some of them. Before flaming me about it take in to consideration that the build I am about to describe is nothing more than a test, and I am just looking for feedback from others about the pros/cons on it

The one thing I find with Diana is that she runs out of mana quickly if you are playing aggressively and using your combo to its full potential (ie. Q-R-W-E-R or if you're really trying to maximize it, Q-R-W-E-Q-R-R). So I got to thinking, there are a couple of good mana items that give bonus AP. With that in mind, I decided to try to build an Archangel's Staff (max to Seraph's Embrace) and Rod of Ages as my base items since they are not super expensive and take time to max out. To further increase my AP bonus from mana, I then went with a Lich Bane and Iceborn Gauntlets as these both give mana not to mention the great bonus damage on basic attacks and when coupled like that can bring squishies down to their knees as well as give tanks headaches. My last AP item was a no brainer, Rabadon's Deathcap, which should be in just about any AP champs arsenal. I didn't list boots as those are situational, but I used Sorcerer's Shoes with this setup. I ended up with almost 800 AP, and my bonus basic hit damage from LB and IBG was roughly 1k. Factor that in with the crazy damage I was doing with my abilities and you can kind of get the idea of why I started thinking about putting this build into my Diana rotation.

Again, this was only a test and I really just want to get some input on the viability of a build like this on Diana, or any AP champ similar to her (ie. Akali, Katarina, etc.). Thanks in advance for the input and as always GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Nasty Richard

02-21-2013

HAHA! Yes this is only a TEST! I was just messing around in bots with Ali yesterday and decided to go a whole new route. Got my tear and grabbed iceborn gauntelets right away. This seemes kinda fun so i started looking for new items to synergize and started wondering how a sheen would work with the gauntlets. (Maybe not stack but do they trigger simultaneously?) At first couldn't tell what was going on, then i got lich's bane and noticed something! My hands were glowing purple! Sweet! Being a Vikes fan I decided to call them my "Purple People Eaters!" The lich bane was synergizing with the gauntlets. Didn't know that. Popped a rage blade and things got crazy! Never did get to the rage point. That with his ult would be just brutal! Time to experiment some more

ZOMGTURTLE

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Richard View Post
HAHA! Yes this is only a TEST! I was just messing around in bots with Ali yesterday and decided to go a whole new route. Got my tear and grabbed iceborn gauntelets right away. This seemes kinda fun so i started looking for new items to synergize and started wondering how a sheen would work with the gauntlets. (Maybe not stack but do they trigger simultaneously?) At first couldn't tell what was going on, then i got lich's bane and noticed something! My hands were glowing purple! Sweet! Being a Vikes fan I decided to call them my "Purple People Eaters!" The lich bane was synergizing with the gauntlets. Didn't know that. Popped a rage blade and things got crazy! Never did get to the rage point. That with his ult would be just brutal! Time to experiment some more
Actually, Iceborn and Lich Bane have unique passoves, they do not trigger together. The purple glow was from Lich Bane. You only want to have 1 item that builds out of Sheen at a time.

Nasty Richard

02-21-2013

i can see the lich bane timer window? So it's not actually doing the damage then? Didn't seem to be doing the extra damage, so i can see that being the case. I still love the purple glow. I suppose TF would do the same? At least get some good stats

Mustangdesu

02-21-2013

Hey not bad. Bumped

Nasty Richard

02-21-2013

Another wierd thing is they stay blue with sheen, but not with lich bane. Sheen must not be strong enough to turn it purple