@Riot Internship-Creative Design Team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ezbakeoven

02-14-2013

Hello, Summoners!

I have recently decided that I am going to apply for an internship at riot in creative design.
I am currently a Creative Writing major, a sophomore in college, and a lover of LoL lore.
I wanted to post a lore piece I have written in order to, hopefully, get someones attention.

This lore piece is about Orianna and her father. This is 100% not official lore.
Hopefully if everyone likes it, and if I can get enough upvotes, maybe it can catch the eye of someone at Riot.
The community is always the best way to get things done. <3

This is to display a small sample of my writing style.
And to show that I have the ability to create a story.

"tick tick tick tick tick tick tick"

The walls of Corin's workshop were littered with clocks of many different shapes, sizes and ages. Every single clock was algorithmically set to different times so that instead of a proverbial "tick-tock" of the clock, they sang a more literal constant string of ticks.
Everyone close to Corin tried earnestly to understand the man's seemingly obsessive nature when it came to the upkeep of these ancient, and aesthetically ugly to most, clocks, but to no avail. When probed about the practicality of having so many clocks set to the wrong time Corin would simply reply "Time is infinite!" and wink a wily wink that suggested his answer was more of a riddle than an actual answer.

One person who never questioned Corin's choice of decorative wall pieces was Orianna, Corin's one and only daughter. Some guessed that Orianna somehow found what Corin had found in the sound of the clocks. Orianna would spend hours in her father’s workshop dancing around in her ballerina attire. She swayed in and out, she twirled, she jumped, and she glided across the usually dusty floor with grace. But not to music, no, Orianna danced only to the ticks of the clocks mounted in all cardinal directions of the room.

Corin walked into his workshop that day, just as he would have any day, to find Orianna dancing to the music of the clocks. The man took a minute and just smiled as he watched his daughter, his world, light up the normally dank room with her energy and enthusiasm.
“Oh, father! I didn’t see you standing there.” Orianna expressed as she caught glimpse of her dad’s silhouette as she was mid twirl. She didn’t miss a beat in spite of being startled. She finished out her twirl and came to rest in order to give her father the full attention he deserved.

“Are you going out to train again today?” asked Corin.
“Yes, Father. I get to experience what it’s like to tower dive today.” Orianna explained with excitement she could hardly contain. “What are you working on today? Something you still won’t tell me about?” Orianna questioned as she turned and glanced at an old furnace that hadn't been used for its original purpose in quite some time now.
“When I change the world, my dear Orianna, you’ll be the first one to know it.” Corin gave his daughter a smile, but her attention was still fixed on the furnace that had a faint blue light pulsating out of all of its unsealed spaces.

“I’m going to be late!” Finally breaking her gaze on the mysterious furnace, Orianna turned and made her way past her father.
“Don’t even have time to give your old man a kiss goodbye?” Corin halfheartedly joked as his daughter reached the door though his feeling were secretly hurt that she forgot. “At least be safe today, my dear. Towers are dangerous business.”
“Don’t worry dad”, Orianna called back as she pushed her way through the exit, “The power has been turned most of the way down. They can’t even hurt a yordle.”

As the door to the workshop closed, Corin turned the lock to make sure no one could interrupt him for the day. Now alone, he turned his focus to the furnace that transfixed his daughter just moments ago. Corin spent a minute just looking at the closed front of the furnace with his hand resting on the cold metal as if it was something precious, something breakable, something other than the giant chunk of near-invincible metal that it actually was. Corin fell to his knees with one hand still flat on the surface of the furnace, and he put his ear up to the object as if it were a pregnant wife, almost due to deliver his very own child. Corin listened as he heard the reverberating sound of energy pulsing throughout the entirety of the furnace. The pulses of energy he heard coming from the furnace synced up perfectly with the sound of the ticks that constantly littered the shop. Though only Corin, and possibly Orianna could understand it, the clocks had not just been putting off annoying noise pollution, but they had in fact been singing mathematical algorithms that needed to constantly be played in Corin’s head. Corin opened the Furnace. Light protruded from the small space and bathed the room in blue. The blue light cast on Corins face like a pool reflecting moon light during the night’s darkest hour. Through the intensity of the light corin could make out the rough outline of the object of illumination. Corin smiled as he realized how close he really was to changing the world. And to think, all it takes is this one, little, gear.

The format is a bit odd, because it's a forum. But yeah.
Hope someone enjoyed it.
Thumbs up if you liked it, and tell your friends.
Thanks!

Dracorya

02-14-2013

Um...if you really want the internship then you go through the proper channels like everyone else. Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Samples

ezbakeoven

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
Um...if you really want the internship then you go through the proper channels like everyone else. Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Samples
I am going to. I posted this just to get feedback, to make noise.
I am going to apply like everyone else.

ezbakeoven

02-20-2013

Bump!