Shaco and ap yi not played anymore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tang Bohu

Recruiter

02-14-2013

Shaco got hit really hard. People fail to realize early game shaco is strong.... because of his abilities that were nerfed. Without them he is kind of crappy in general. He was already a weaker version of Lee Sin (with stealth).

Comparatively, Shaco was on the same level ganking as Lee Sin, a weaker duelist, weaker teamfights, weaker scaling, more dependent on snowballing, less versatility(role wise AND itemization).

I found his nerf rather pointless.

The AP Yi nerf was a matter of buffing AD Yi (In my opinion). AP Yi still works because the scaling on heal is still somewhat obnoxious and a real difference would only be seen super late game due to Base increases. I believe he shouldn't have been nerfed, but I just don't like how my teammates never seem to understand how easy it is to counter Sustain+"One-Attack" Yi.

Rockoutwithmy

02-14-2013

Assuming the only reason you played AP Yi was to abuse his heal, then yes, AP Yi was nerfed.

Shaco is still god tier jungle, he has red until level 5, at which time his slow has scaled back to normal, meaning the nerf was a placebo effect. The Deceive nerf was always pointless, you can still jump walls and gank from every angle under the sun with a pair of boots, it just makes it seem like hes harder now.

Shaco will still dominate if you're a dumb player in lane, or if the player is good, Shaco has and always will be a skill based champion, his numbers will only change how you apply the skill.

Cretinok

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockoutwithmy View Post
Assuming the only reason you played AP Yi was to abuse his heal, then yes, AP Yi was nerfed.

Shaco is still god tier jungle, he has red until level 5, at which time his slow has scaled back to normal, meaning the nerf was a placebo effect. The Deceive nerf was always pointless, you can still jump walls and gank from every angle under the sun with a pair of boots, it just makes it seem like hes harder now.

Shaco will still dominate if you're a dumb player in lane, or if the player is good, Shaco has and always will be a skill based champion, his numbers will only change how you apply the skill.
I dont think the Decieve nerf was intended to stop him from going over walls. I think it was because the range allowed him to flash over Vision Wards without getting revealed.