Want some experienced advice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deaconz Frost

02-14-2013

I usually am easy going and will play any position and I think I can play any well. But if I get thrown into a support role and I get an adc that just sucks, I can't seem to do anything for the team to help squeeze out a win if that happens and the mid and top and jungles are not getting fed alot. I never really pursued ranked games much until last year a bit and since the new season started I decided I would give a shot at ranking up, but it threw me into Bronze but more often than not I seem to get teams that have AFK's or DC's or just plain unskilled players than in Normal queue.

Sorry got sidetracked due to frustration, but my question is to people who have been here, do you just not play support roles until a higher league? But if you don't then do you not run into situations cause this is the noob league that people will afk due to not getting desired position? What is the solution to all of this? I would gladly dodge queue when I see a possible troll but the wait time is so long and I don't have alot of time to play each night as I work. I know I could hang with silver league players but getting there just seems like an exercise in futility for a casual player like myself...

OriginalJack

02-14-2013

At the rank I'm at I see a lot of bad ADCs and junglers (or atleast ones that don't play those roles as well as I do) so my plan has been to call those roles myself. I certainly don't mind supporting but it's super frustrating to be with an ADC that's playing badly so I try to avoid it if possible.

Stephenjd1

02-14-2013

I main support and although im only silver 3, i believe its possible to carry a game as a support last 7 days im 8-1 with Taric, i hit a 11 game winning streak playing support (all ranked). By being a good support means you will secure your ADC more kills and in turn that ADC should carry.

Some of the best supports you can use I think to secure your carries kills and keep them alive are Lulu, Nunu, and Taric. I also play Leona, Nami and Soraka but I usually avoid those last three in ranked.

I do not like using supports who can easily KS, like using a Fiddles, his ult will just KS kills from your carries.

I don't only play support. I also play top and mid when someone gets support before me. And I am learning Jungle but only in normal games till Im good enough for ranked.

My lolking
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34091954

Shamble

02-14-2013

Well the problem with support, you are only a threat if your ADC capitalizes on the plays you create. If you catch the enemy ADC out of position, but your ADC fails to act on it, the enemy bot lane won't fear you at all. You can be one of the best supports in the world, but with a bad ADC that either plays too passively or way to aggressively, there just isn't much you as the support can do to carry hard and win the game.
Don't get me wrong, I own like 7 or 8 support champions and I love the role, but it is particularly frustrating when playing with that ADC that just auto attacks, shoves the lane up to enemy turret and then calls for ganks from your jungle.

Deaconz Frost

02-14-2013

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the same problem. I guess I need to be more aggressive in getting a jungle top or mid role but this Bronze Division is the pits cause it seems everyone will do that, and sometimes I either play support or I know someone will troll the game and throw it. I report them if they do but the reports just seem endless and advancing seems that way too...

Mister Simple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaconz Frost View Post
I usually am easy going and will play any position and I think I can play any well. But if I get thrown into a support role and I get an adc that just sucks, I can't seem to do anything for the team to help squeeze out a win if that happens and the mid and top and jungles are not getting fed alot. I never really pursued ranked games much until last year a bit and since the new season started I decided I would give a shot at ranking up, but it threw me into Bronze but more often than not I seem to get teams that have AFK's or DC's or just plain unskilled players than in Normal queue.

Sorry got sidetracked due to frustration, but my question is to people who have been here, do you just not play support roles until a higher league? But if you don't then do you not run into situations cause this is the noob league that people will afk due to not getting desired position? What is the solution to all of this? I would gladly dodge queue when I see a possible troll but the wait time is so long and I don't have alot of time to play each night as I work. I know I could hang with silver league players but getting there just seems like an exercise in futility for a casual player like myself...
I think support can make the difference in any fight despite the skill of your ADC (yes, I gank mid). I started in Silver 3? I think this season and easily shot up to Silver I in two days but went back down due to losing repeatedly (man, why'd I have to try out those GP/10 runes on Ryze). I think it's easy to climb up as long as you're able to "sync" with your ADC's play style at the very least but it's either hit or miss with the adc, follow someone else if they're not on the same pace during roaming phase.

Jay Of Firth

02-14-2013

Dude, I've been thinking the same thing for the past while. I go support if I have to, but it is not my favourite role...I try and play it and make it fun for myself by buying fun support champions. But I run into the problem of a "bad team" or teams just having bad games while I go support, I can almost see why people say "no support or feed" these days. Supports help, but at end they can't carry teams to a victory (99% of the time)

Echo5kw

02-14-2013

tbh, the adc/support combo is one of the hardest things to get down. a lot of adc's are either a) too aggressive and won't cs, or b) wayyyy too passive and won't capitalize on the enemy's mistakes. There has to be a balance. I've noticed that people who adc ez, are bad, 9/10 times. Ashe is 50/50. Vayne is either amazing, or just blows. the others are like ashe, just kinda luck of the draw. I always tell my adc what to do when i'm support, and when I adc i just follow my supports lead. seems to be easier that way.