Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Kog

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devious Rogue

02-14-2013

I use to play AP Kog years ago. Not anymore, but I played against on earlier in ranked as Annie. He won the lane by a small margin and his early game ganks worked better than mine, but we caught up and then won the game without them taking a single inhib turret.

So my question... is AP Kog viable? I think he's semi-viable, but there are better champs out there, unless you're running AP Nid Top, Ez Bot, Kha Jungle, etc. (i.e., a specialized Poke comp)

Warrrrax

02-14-2013

Semi-viable. AP champs are usually about high burst which Kog doesn't really have. Well, technically he can Puke, Q, Ult for decent damage. His poke is of course excellent, so hes really good for sieging if you have a team that can stand and fight.
You just sit outside their tower Ulting everyone and laying down Barf while Barraging and poking away at their tower.

They also nerfed his Ult for some unfathomable reason. Cuz everyone was screaming Kog Ult OP? Thats Riot nerfings for you...totally random.

If you DO go with it, I recommend focusing mostly on magic penetration, lots of mana/MP5 and allowing the high base damage of the Ult itself to do most of the talking. With a 0.3 AP ratio and doing 375 dmg I think it is now, it would take like 1200 AP to double its damage. Most champs take about 400 to 500 AP to achieve double damage.

Sure it is spammable but this gives you a general idea of how efficient piling up AP is. Its better to prioritize the Haunted Guise and Torment (esp since 6% of current health on a 2k foe = 120 dmg bonus which is equal to like 400 AP worth!). [assuming they make the Torment change they talked about]

Once mana is dealt with (prob thru Chalice/Athenes) and youve got Sorc shoes and Guise, then you can focus more on solid AP.

doomed2death

02-14-2013

Keep in mind ultimate damage doubles when against a champion so it'll be .6 AP Ratio.

I liked Sorc Shoes + Haunted Guise early

Then ultimately
Sorc Shoes, Rylai, Deathcap, Athene's Unholy Grail (VERY IMPORTANT TO SPAM!), Void Staff, Archangel's (or Zhonya's)

Or the AP/AS build which shreds tanks woul dbe
Sorc Shoes, Deathcap, Void Staff, Malady, Nashor's Tooth, SomeAPItem

TheOneMillion

02-14-2013

Removed.

Warrrrax

02-15-2013

Actually Ult damage is by 225%. 125% bonus dmg. Hence teh 160 base damage gets increased to 400 previously, but now down to 160x2.25=360.

However, i guarantee that the AP ratio DOES NOT get affected even vs Champs. That is what makes AP relatively lousy.

Spamming Ult is good in bursts, but you cant constantly do it since price increases to 400. So you pop off a volley of 3-4 shots then have to wait a bit, unless you are going all out in a giant battle.

Hence, mana is the priority moreso than mana regen because you need enough "ammo" to be able to pop off a lot of shots during a big engagement. You cant possibly regen enough mana during a battle to be worthwhile.