Why i got banned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lieutenant Col

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

i got banned for a week or 2 and i know why i got banned. my expectation was high and in some cases my guidance towards my team became somewhat judgmental and abusive. i know what i did and i got punished for it which i try to not to do in the future. but i hope Riot realizes that in competitive gaming, these cases happens (maybe not to excess of what i was doing) and banning cases like this may cause players to not communicate at all in the near future. In my opinion a tribunal case should be more focused on toxic behavior, trolling racism, etc rather than pushing your team to victory as in competitive gaming specially ranked games, is the most effective way.

but anyway for what it worth i think i crossed the line couple of times and i apologise for my behavior towards fellow summoners and there is nothing wrong with the tribunal but just what i mentioned.

MissBetwixt

02-14-2013

No one like playing with abusive or explosive players, and if this will prompt worse behavior I would suggest they take a break.

That being said I do strongly believe Riot already has taken these things into account, i mean they worked with psychiatrist to hone in this idea. People seem to forget that Riot employes play games too and know exactly how gamers act on a general bases. They aren't scary aliens or anything like that.

I really appreciate your honesty though and wish you great games to come when your ban is up.

Blafon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Col View Post
i hope Riot realizes that in competitive gaming, these cases happens (maybe not to excess of what i was doing) and banning cases like this may cause players to not communicate at all in the near future. In my opinion a tribunal case should be more focused on toxic behavior, trolling racism, etc rather than pushing your team to victory as in competitive gaming specially ranked games, is the most effective way.

but anyway for what it worth i think i crossed the line couple of times and i apologise for my behavior towards fellow summoners and there is nothing wrong with the tribunal but just what i mentioned.
Good attitude and I suspect you'll reform.

Just to clarify though, Riot does not excuse abuse in the name of "competitive gaming." Riot expects its competitive gamers not to be toxic and expels those who don't adhere to that.

Trashcanx

02-14-2013

very well said op. i communicate very much when i play the game, i watch all the major tournaments and i watch the pros stream yolo queue. although im not perfect, like nobody is, i feel like i have a lot better idea on what to do as a team at my 1500 bracket. thing is, no one likes to be told what they are doing, and when i am trying to lead my team, they report me and i get suspended.. im not going around harrasing everyone, im telling everyone what we should be doing as a team. Yet every game i queue into, there is someone who is purposefully trying to get a rise out of someone in the game, just being a real dick to make them unhappy. those are the people they should ban, and honestly, they should get rid of the ban scale thing, warning 3 day week 2 week perma, and they should ban on the case.. someone who gets really pissed off once every 2 months shouldnt eventually get perma banned. on the other end, the people who are just completely vile the entire game, should get higher punishment even if its their first case. The tribunal can be changed for the better, i just dont have any idea how to get the good ideas ive seen on these forums to the big guns at riot.