How to counter Cait + Nunu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M1ST4K3N

02-14-2013

I main support, and I can't seem to figure out how to counter that lane comp. I've tried using champs like Taric and Leona, but it seems that Nunu can just use his E and then W them both to safety. If I manage to land Leona's grab and stun combo on him, then I can initiate, but I just used my CC on the support, leaving cait to wreak havoc on my ADC. I feel like Soraka may be a better counter with her silence and sustain in lane, but I have yet to try it. Have you guys found anything that works well to counter this lane?

IceCreamSammich

02-14-2013

Thresh is an excellent counter to Nunu. He has 2 different abilities to stop his Ulti and Tresh's Ulti pretty much nullifies the Blood Boil movement speed buff long enough for your ADC to open up a whole can of <kick butt>.

Kuiet5

02-14-2013

Naut is amazing against any tanky opposing support. Super tanky and cc for days. Caits escape is pretty weak and a well timed naut ult on her followed by a grab and an auto attack will give you plenty of time to kill her if you adc acts quickly. Naut shield also negates the nunu harass if it becomes a problem.

footfoe

02-14-2013

sivir can block snowball and pick up caitlyn traps as mana pots.

Jason411

02-14-2013

I'd say Sona honestly. May sound stupid. But the blood boil poking won't be THAT bad when you can heal, help do damage with your Q, and make them dance/do damage with your Ult.

It may also not be what you're doing wrong countering them. Your ADC could just be stupid.

M1ST4K3N

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfoe View Post
sivir can block snowball and pick up caitlyn traps as mana pots.
I seriously never thought of the mana pot thing. That's probably the coolest counter I've heard of in a while

workthecorners

02-16-2013

cait+nunu= poke lane so you counter with a sustain lane

soraka sona taric(play passively) nami or other healers just dodge what you can absorb what you cant and wait for a gank or them to be oom then jump them

cait is always anoying in lane

ChiSqrd

02-16-2013

Sona counters most Nunu lanes in general because she can just poke Nunu like crazy and he can't trade back very well with his Ice Ball. Not to mention you have good sustain so the poke won't stick.

OneDeadPixel

02-16-2013

Play Sona, buy mana pots, max W first, Q second. Sona's W provides bonus MR, armour, healing, and applies a 2 second 20% attack speed debuff powerchord that (IIRC) stacks with frozen heart. Play the lane defensively, and use your Q to create a bubble of Pain between the enemy, and your carry (something you should be doing anyway).