Garen OP who agree with this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FPfr3ak

02-16-2013

Well i play Garen quite often and, yeah, he's so OP. There is no champ to counter me top, but one. And i'm not pretty sure that i haven't played that game like a ******. That champ would be Pantheon. He really pushed me, and kept me to distance with his spear(s). He was really annoying. I think i lost that game in the end. I didn't fed, but i couldn't do anything. But that's usually when u have a low jungler.

FPfr3ak

02-16-2013

and another thing about Garen. Maybe off topic, but maybe somebody knows. Why i'm doing more damage with my spin at the beginning than later. After putting some defense items on me, i'd do like 10-20% less damage. I've checked that many many times, so no way i'm wrong.

stoutcarrot

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by workthecorners View Post
1. Alistar, Amumu, Anivia, Annie, Blitzcrank, Chogath, Elise, Fiddlesticks,Galao, Hecarim, Himerdinger, Janna, Jarvan IV, Lee Sin, Leona, Lulu, Lux, Morgana, Nami, Nautilus, Nocturne, Orianna, Poppy, Rammus, Riven, Sejuani, Shaco, Swain, Thresh, Vi, Wukong, and Zyra

2. Single target silence that you can see coming and prevent is bearly considered CC

3. Alistar headbutts your tank behind you and your team tries to go around him while he pulverizes them into the air and they blow up. (just one example)

Garen is strong in lane, and annoying to deal with. If your team has their own tank(s) you can play safe with alot of other top laners that may be behind at first but will be of much more use later in the game then garen.

Or you can just counter him completely and if you shut him down then he is utterly useless late game.

Garen is perfectly balanced not op just annoying in lane especially if you feed him or allow him to farm for free
I'm not complaining that he's OP, I'm just agreeing that he IS slightly OP. The champs you compared him too are (for the most part) not AD bruisers/off tanks. Also half the champs you listed don't have initiates at all, let alone more than one.

You're also missing the point entirely which is that having only one initiate a weak champ does not make.

WhoopsiGoldburg

02-16-2013

I wouldn't say garen is OP. He has a kit made to be a dominant laner, so if he gets some early kills he's going to stay ahead. Otherwise he's just going to be a blob that can't peal for his carry and even when your fed all you can do is hope to get to the enemy carry and be such a disruption your team will win the fight.

Enconex

02-16-2013

I don't think people quite understand just how dominant of a champion garen is. I used to think garen was a below average champion and easily beaten with many champs. Every time these garen OP threads came up I disagreed. But after what I have been seeing lately I think he may slightly overpowered.

To put it simply his lane presence is ungodly. Even against his counters he gets so tanky and his flash combo allows him to take any ranged champion and because he is so speedy it's really hard to gank him. In team fights he has a mini wukong ult that does ridiculous damage if he gets fed and an ult that can do some insane amounts of damage to even the tankiest of champions.

I just feel like he does to many things at once:
Hes tanky
Hes fast
He does lots of damage
And his silence shuts down lots of champions.

workthecorners

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutcarrot View Post
I'm not complaining that he's OP, I'm just agreeing that he IS slightly OP. The champs you compared him too are (for the most part) not AD bruisers/off tanks. Also half the champs you listed don't have initiates at all, let alone more than one.

You're also missing the point entirely which is that having only one initiate a weak champ does not make.

the person i quoted said how many champs have more then one initiation not bruiser tanks

and every one of thos champs have at least 2 forms of cc/movement boost or other form of catching someone out of position(anivia has 3 Stun/slow/wall for example). im not saying whole team initiation (amumu or malphite) because if you compare garen to them then his initiation is pitiful

Mysticrogue543

02-16-2013

I LOVE GAREN. hes a good reconmendation for new players. i build him a tanky AD (off tank). when you play against him he can kill you at low health with his ult with does magic damage.(BTW im horny) .

Kaiten22

02-17-2013

I agree, Garen is slightly OP In my opinion. He's not broken by any means, but he could get toned down a little.