Gave it my all in ranked!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fooooks

02-13-2013

So I wanted to play one game tonight to see how it went in ranked. I have been on a long losing streak and have had terrible luck. 3 different people Disconnecting in game, double pick mids, etc. We have all been there.

This game I tried to do something different. I tried "The Nice Approach".

I was first pick in ranked, and i let everyone call their lanes. "mid" "adc" "jungle"

That left top and support open.

I asked the last fella what he would like to play, he started with "f*** you all".
i asked what's wrong, what lane did he want to play, and which he was better at!
So he said I'm in a wonderful mood, can't you tell?

So I say look, i'm not too good at top, but i'll let you pick so this can run smoothly.
"I don't care, i'll support"

I trade a guy who goes top, i go jungle, and now it is his turn to pick.

Autolock LB. "Worry about yourselves, I got this"

He supports as LB and starts with 13 pots. Nothing else.

We get a few kills, i'm doing fine, 2/0/2 to start. LB starts dying, and gets bad...

He rages because someone says, "why did you LB support" and now we have an AFK.
He runs back in 4 levels behind and continues to feed.

tl;dr
I tried to be nice to a player and let him pick what lane he wanted when i was first pick. He still trolls and feeds...

Why do I get stuck with this, I cannot fathom how many times this has happened to me. I'd like to move up but the luck has been this bad for 2 weeks now.

I was added by my team for being nice though..

HolidayRush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Sometimes there are just people who's only goal is to ruin everything they come in contact with. Your approach would probably work on most people who are just 'in a bad mood' but there are those special people where they should just not be allowed on the internet (or in public) ever.

fooooks

02-14-2013

Thank you HolidayRush, and I completely agree. But for everyone ONE that is reported, it seems THREE more trolls pop up. I wonder why people will queu if they aren't trying. Should there be a test to enter ranked, like a citizen's test for the States?

Vrykonik

02-14-2013

First off I would like to say leblanc is not bad on bot lane... she is not a true support character but can effectively run a kill lane with many ranged or gap closer champions long as you split some farm. She can be very effective and shutting down an adc. Now the assertion that all your losses are due to trolls is of course absurd. There is no conspiracy with match making that says these players only end up on your team. You have more losses than wins in ranked and 50% of the time or more (if you are not one of the trolls) then they end up on the enemy team.

So quit blaming others and take some personal responsibility. You tried being nice this game and it didn't pay off. If you go to your job and work 8 hours and don't get paid until 2 weeks later do you stop going to work? Do the right thing consistently and try to improve and results will follow. It is a pretty simple concept.

Allegorea

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooooks View Post
I wonder why people will queu if they aren't trying.
This. A few nights ago we were all satisfied with our roles in the queue. Our jungle took Poppy with Smite and Teleport, so it still looked pretty viable though it did look like it randomed him into it.

He takes a while to load but finally does. Then he starts the game by basically saying "My computer blue-screened during champ select. I didn't want this champ. It should have kicked me."

I said "Well, it didn't so just do your best."

He responds with "Sorry guys" and leaves. For the whole game. He was there, he was loaded, he got randomed but still had a viable jungle with good spells. And he just left. He could have at least tried but instead he just left.

I've both won and lost 4v5s. We almost won this one but couldn't pull it off early enough and the difference became too great at the end.

I was just absolutely stunned that someone would do something like that. I've had trolls, I've had AFKs from the start, I've had people rage-quit. But never something like that.

I looked at his match history and he was on five-game ranked losing streak, having left the last two games (including mine) before they started or at a low level.

I get that he was probably beyond frustrated with his recent games and getting randomed was the icing on the cake, but people seriously need to know when it's time to take a break, instead of quitting and leaving four teammates in a ranked game just because you didn't get the champ you wanted.

If you're not going to try, don't play.

fooooks

02-14-2013

Well thank you Vrykonik, I never said that it only happens to me, just that I have had some pretty bad luck in the past 2 weeks. And yes, maybe over the course of an infinite time period, it should be 50%. But let's face it, that's probability, and the probability of two people hitting the lottery is one in a very large number, but it happens. I find it perfectly liable to blame others instead of saying at the end of a match, "sorry, guys. My fault we had a leaver today."
I am glad you commented, but please be of more help. Thank you.

fooooks

02-14-2013

Thank you Allegorea, and I think that is the biggest problem. I can understand if you are down 20-1 at 20 minutes and the team agrees for a surrender. But a person in your situation should play it out. Or at least try until 20, see how it goes.
But no one has a positive attitude, and the fact that there is a leave/surrender option to them makes them try less. I see it becoming a problem, although I will not tell Riot how to run the game. It's a perfectly fine game, with less than perfect players.

ROKAF JE

02-14-2013

LB support works, he was just playing at a bad time.

He'll (the LeBlanc) probably post about ELO Hell in about 10 minutes, too

ROKAF JE

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooooks View Post
It's a perfectly fine game, with less than perfect players.

Anything to do with humans is less than perfect, especially in a digital/anonymous age.

Armstice

02-14-2013

Here's all I will say about it, I played a game last night and second picked jungle diana because our first pick called mid and picked Warwick. He never stated he planned to switch so after cringing at his pick I locked D to make sure we had a hefty ap carry.

Needless to say, I made a duo very mad and they decided to 'double jungle' and warwick proceeded to follow me through the jungle stealing blue if his smite was up, ect. At any rate, to the crux of the matter. I finished the game 15/6/14, ganking both top and mid often to secure a early victory (because bot obv only had our ad, so was doomed to lose). I know KDR isn't a measure of skill, but turning the advantage into objectives and inevitibly the win IS.

I said all that to say this, if you are truely better than the elo you are playing at or at least the team you are against it will show no matter how hard your team trolls. One person can make the game easily winnable for the other 4. Do not let feeders/Trolls/afks or any of the other steriotypical scapegoats keep you from getting better. Eventually you will see that if YOU can outplay the other team, you can give your team the push they need to win; or in some cases even drag them to a win.

Make you a better you.