There should be a special place in ban/hell for people who gloat about throwing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pumaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Not just throwing, but throwing your Championship Series games.

Just had the displeasure of winning my way into my champ series, just to have a guy demand mid, then afk to complain about lag (which everyone was getting). When I asked him to stop afking and at least try, the guy decides to just start bragging about how he's going to throw the game to give me and another player losses in their Series.

That's some wicked BS.

Sejhtan

02-14-2013

The funny thing about this forum, is that there are two sides to it;

The one side will tell you to deal with it and move on.

The other side, once you show them a reform card, tell you that you deserve to have your game thrown, just because there is a reform card in front of them.

This forum is a cesspool of circlejerk and trolls.

LargeSnorlax

02-14-2013

Personally, I can't see why you'd possibly tell anyone why you're in your series. They can't see if you are or not, and all it does is encourage trolling by idiots.

Also, no idea what the guy on top of me is posting about, it has nothing to do with Pu's original post.

Sejhtan

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumaster View Post
Not just throwing, but throwing your Championship Series games.

Just had the displeasure of winning my way into my champ series, just to have a guy demand mid, then afk to complain about lag (which everyone was getting). When I asked him to stop afking and at least try, the guy decides to just start bragging about how he's going to throw the game to give me and another player losses in their Series.

That's some wicked BS.
I got off topic, yeah generally you don't want to tell people you're in a promotion series. If a player is even slightly angry at you, that could push them over the edge to troll, but you're not wrong in any way.

Just don't tell people about promotion series.

dunder

02-14-2013

Quote:
The funny thing about this forum, is that there are two sides to it;
He forgot the third side his side the troll side oh well

Quote:

That's some wicked BS.
Sorry about that it sucks when ppl do that but I hope you reported him.

theshim

02-14-2013

I dunno, I told my team when I was up for my last game in my best of five and everyone was pretty cool about it.

Sucks that this happened. Some people don't need a reason to be spiteful jackasses, but they'll take any they can get.

Pumaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

I usually don't tell people if I'm in a Series, but if my team seems polite and nice in champ select, sometimes I'll mention it.

In this case, I hadn't even told the jerk that it was my Series, he simply came t the conclusion it was because I was simply trying hard to get him to stop trolling. Another teammate did what I have also done in the past, is when someone is raging, you say "this is my series, can you please try?"

Either way, it most certainly doesn't deserve it.

Lastly, I have heard many people on these Tribunal forums complain about being suspended for getting bad scores, and whether it is true or not, this has been repeated enough that people believe it and the trolls act accordingly. And, tbh, I know for a fact that the worst LoL players (those who show the least amount of teamwork and the most trolling) are the ones who are the ones who think your score is the sole example of skill.

Leo2k5

02-14-2013

Sorry to hear that happened to you, man. That sucks. I hope you reported him and maybe Riot will start escalating suspensions for that kind of overt d-baggery.

And yeah, it blows my mind how many people still seem to think that playing badly is bannable. I see it in game and I see it in SO MANY tickets, someone is having a bad game and the reported person starts screaming, "ALL REPORT SOANDSO PLS, ENJOY YOUR BAN F****T" -- I used to think they were just blatantly trolling but I see it so much I'm starting to think they really don't understand how the system works. How could Riot possibly make it more clear?

Calys Teneb

02-14-2013

I wouldn't mention it until Riot rolls out their Series matchmaking, which they've stated is their top priority.

Pumaster

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
I wouldn't mention it until Riot rolls out their Series matchmaking, which they've stated is their top priority.
I have ZERO faith in anything Riot does. For every thing they try to fix, they screw up three more things.

There's a reason why the scientific method demands you modify a single variable, one at a time. It seems like common sense to me (and anyone who has a degree in any sort of science). Maybe that's why Riot puts out a video of "pros" telling the viewer that you don't have to go to college, you just need to play this stupid game.