Something wrong with matchmaking process?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ethello

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

ok, so, i like to derp around with low-level account.
I honestly did not mind when my teammates fail to play like a lvl30 users cuz they are not.
However, when the other team has all level 30s and we have none, there must be something wrong with the matchmaking system.

I do not know how it works, but in my head this is nonsense.

27, 28, 29, 26, 27 is our teammates' level.
30, 30, 30, 27, 27 is the others.

Win counts wasn't in balance, level, skill, everything wasn't in balance.

So here I ask,
How does the match making work?

I couldn't find anything that's worth reading in the forum so far.

PoisonedPeace

02-13-2013

Matching making works with a hidden MMR. Pretty much what used to be elo.

If you and your teammates have been winning a lot of game recently you will see more level 30s and if those level 30s have been losing a lot lately they will be matched with lower MMR players.

I don't know what exact numbers are, but they just replaced elo, which was widely recognized as the single best way to determine a players skill when used with a high quantity of games, with MMR, so there might be a bug or two. I'm pretty sure the new MMR formula fits the game better, and I would say the system works.

ethello

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

well, this happened today again.

Two of them were over 1500 wins, when we were all like 100~150 win players.
another was 979, and there was one who was 122 wins.

So basically, we were teamed up against three 1000 wins players and one "our level" players.

What is wrong with this now? They're all premade even.

This is messed up.

ethello

02-17-2013

for some reason the thumbnail was super small.

uploaded pic

here you go.

FeuerMarke

02-17-2013

wasn't the new matchmaking system suppose to take wins into account. I recently had a game where nobody on our team was over 410, and one as low as 210, and we were matched against people 600 with two close to 2000. We got creamed. And how is that fair? I know there's suppose to be a hidden elo system but there's no way those guys were on our level.