Promotion series rant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corporate Law

02-13-2013

After dozens of rounds of +5 points - 15 points I finally hit a hot streak that got me to my series in bronze 1 to try and get promoted to silver V. Thanks riot for making that ridiculous hard.

MY FIRST TWO GAMES IN MY PROMOTION SERIES HAVE PEOPLE DC ON MY TEAM RESULTING IN 20 MINUTE SURRENDERS.

$IWEOP*U(RTHPIO*SUETHROIPW:SUERTHGOP:WS*EIUTHGOWPS {:IR$UTHIWO{:IRE$"THU$ER

WHY THE HELL DO DCs FROM PEOPLE ON YOUR TEAM RESULT IN A LOSS?!@?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! ESPECIALLY IN A SERIES THAT IS RIDICULOUSLY HARD TO GET TO WHEN YOU LOSE THREE TIMES AS MANY POINTS IN A LOSS THAN YOU GET FOR A WIN.

WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

PoisonedPeace

02-13-2013

Dont surrender. This one is easy math.
Your chance to win after you surrender-0%
Your chance to win before you surrender- >0%

Also, I don't know what people are talking about with this 5 lp win -9000 lp loss..
I gain/lose about the same with each win/loss. Mine has ranged for +12 for a win to -18 for a loss, however, normally they are both around 10.

Capt Poro Snax

02-13-2013

How much you lose from a loss and how much you gain from a win depends on your matchmaker rating based on your current rank or tier. so basically if your "hidden elo" is lower than your current placement you wont gain as much for wins etc.

DoleMangoJuice

02-13-2013

Just because you have 1 DC doesnt mean you cant still win the game, I have seen it done before. It is possible.

Capt Poro Snax

02-13-2013

4 v 5's can usually be won easier since the exp displacement. keep in mind however that if its staled out to long into late game you lose that advantage turning it back into a true 4 v 5.

Corporate Law

02-13-2013

I'v won 4v5s. We surrendered because the round was 22 kills for them and 3 kills for us.

I actually won my next two games in the series because all five champs were there on both teams.

BUT OF COURSE MY FIFTH GAME WAS A LOSS BECAUSE I HAD TWO TWO TWO TWO TWO DCS (well one person AFKed because he didn't get to ADC, but when added to the other person who just DCed, it was 3v5).

We didn't even get a chance to surrender. Round ended so fast.

Corporate Law

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
Dont surrender. This one is easy math.
Your chance to win after you surrender-0%
Your chance to win before you surrender- >0%

Also, I don't know what people are talking about with this 5 lp win -9000 lp loss..
I gain/lose about the same with each win/loss. Mine has ranged for +12 for a win to -18 for a loss, however, normally they are both around 10.
My average LP win is around 10 in Bronze I, with some as low as 6 LP. My average loss exceeds 15. I've never loss less than 14. You do the math.

Carnageqt

02-14-2013

i had to win 14 games in a row to get to silver V

Corporate Law

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnageqt View Post
i had to win 14 games in a row to get to silver V
That somehow doesn't cheer me up.

PluRRR

02-14-2013

I feel your pain,but,listen this story... I was up to get out from **** hell, and i got 0-14-2 ADC i think,I constantly camped bot lane as jungler and we had chance to win,then he/she said that dont want to play anymore cause somone said her she is bad .... WTFFFFFFFFFFF and now i fall into bronze IV,and i was about to get to bronze III,then i got i think SAME CAIT ... 4 12 2 score this time or something but still fail as ****,she fed early and i lost...I cryed.