Dear Riot: My thoughts on Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riftic

02-13-2013

Ahri is easily the champion I enjoy playing the most. Her unique gameplay and visual style make her an original and fun champion. That said, she feels like she seriously suffers from some issues.

Please note that the target audience of this is intended to be Riot employees, for a more comprehensive and player-friendly version, see the General Discussion version:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3122714

At release Ahri was an extremely slippery high damage assassin. A complete blast to play and a nightmare to go up against. Things have changed quite a bit since then, however, and Ahri is almost a completely different champion.

I see Ahri as a champion that started out as a fantastic and incredibly fun champion, but was slowly nerfed (both directly and indirectly) into obscurity.
As it stands right now, she doesn't bring enough to the table for me to give anyone an honest recommendation to play her. And this breaks my heart, because she is by far one of the most fun champions to play in this game.

I fully understand and agree with removing her "tanky" viability in the past. Aesthetically and mechanically Ahri doesn't strike me as a champion that would want to or should benefit from being tanky. She's an assassin and should have acted like an assassin from the start.
However, her current state doesn't allow her to fulfill this role of an assassin. The previous patches to Ahri have slowly and systematically picked away at every single part of her kit except Charm, dropping her damage, draining her mana quicker, and killing her primary defensive and offensive tool in one, her ultimate. These changes had effectively brought her down to mediocrity near the end of Season 2 where I feel she was slightly overnerfed. She was still playable, still good; just required higher than normal skill and game sense to pull off.

And then you released Season 3. Itemization changes and changes in how valuable True Damage is made Ahri fall behind even further.

Deathcap got nerfed, severely hurting her ability to clear creeps efficiently by removing Orb of Deception's ability to clear creeps in a single cast. You're slightly remedying this change, but it changes nothing specific to Ahri, only AP in general - she will continue to be outshone by her AP competitors. Next, Athene's AP total got nerfed, punching sustained Ahri builds right in the gut.
And then lastly, we have the topic everyone loves to talk about right now: Health and Resistances. With a massive shift to health over resistances, we've seen quite a lot of things, but the thing I'd like to point out in particular is the devaluation of True Damage. With resistances being less powerful and less required, true damage - the ultimate counter to resistances - has become less valuable.
Ahri happens to be one of a handful of champions that rely on true damage as part of their kit. This has obviously impacted Ahri negatively in Season 3. The true damage component of Orb of Deception does not help her in the slightest against health stacking. Previously, it allowed her to partially bypass resistances, making her damage deceptively higher against high-resist targets. But now she no longer has that benefit and her damage output has fallen behind because she relied on the extra damage it was bringing in.

In addition, it looks like the health meta is here to stay. A fellow poster has collected evidence that points towards you being okay with the current health metagame:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3119156
If this is indeed true, then these issues with Ahri need to be addressed directly.

In short, what I'm trying to say here is that even though Ahri received no changes in Season 3, she became weaker. Ahri was not exactly known for being powerful near the end of Season 2, and with the changes that season 3 brought about, I feel that Ahri is simply put, under-performing.

Below, I've taken some of the popular AP champions and I've explained why I would never pick Ahri over them.

Anivia:
Anivia brings some of the greatest team-wide utility that you can find on a champion. She can zone out entire areas with her ultimate, create choke points or trap enemies with her wall, keep the entire enemy team slowed, she has a stun that lasts as long as Ahri's level 1 charm but has a longer range with a small area of effect, and she brings damage equivalent to Ahri. Ahri has two things over Anivia, her ultimate's ability to reposition herself and her charm at later levels. Anivia's teamwide utility vastly outweighs Ahri's ability to reposition herself in battle. It's a single person's benefit verus an entire team's benefit. Charm does eventually have a longer duration than Anivia's stun, but this does not happen until near max character level, where's it is too little, too late. Anivia brings equivalent damage, and superior teamwide utility over Ahri. When you're looking for an AP mid, I'd take Anivia over Ahri any day.

Diana
Diana used to dominate the same role as Ahri, the AP mid assassin, before her nerfs. She's had a pretty tumultuous history, but she's in a pretty good spot now. Diana has superb base stats and her shield makes her naturally tanky, even when building pure offense. Diana is bested by Ahri in only two ways: Diana has no hard CC and Diana has no escape mobility. However, if an enemy is within range, she has one of the best gap closers available.
Now, in terms of what Diana has over Ahri, there's a fair bit. Both Diana's burst damage and sustained damage are superior - she can pick out a target and simply kick down their front door. She's tankier than Ahri and she's not afraid to take a few hits. Her poking ability is on par with Ahri's, except that Diana's poke has a shorter cooldown at max rank and is much less mana intensive. At rank one, Crescent Strike is 15 mana cheaper than Orb of Deception. At max rank, Crescent Strike is 35 mana cheaper than Orb of Deception.
Diana wins this one because of her superior damage, natural tankiness, and cost-effective poke. She assassinates far better than Ahri does, but doubles as a bruiser at the same time.

Elise:
Right away, we have some interesting things to say about Elise. She has a stun, like Ahri, but its duration is 1.5 seconds at first level instead of Ahri's 1 second. At later levels, Elise's mana cost on this ability is almost 50% cheaper, and it has a smaller cooldown by 2 seconds. This stun's range is also longer than Charm's range by 100. Next, Elise has special interactions on her Neurotoxin/Venomous Bite abilities that increase her damage based on her opponent's current health. This actually allows her to build quite tanky and still put out pretty respectable damage. Finally, her Rappel ability has the same range as 2.17 of Ahri's dashes, has absolutely no cost, and it only has a cooldown of 26-18 seconds depending on its rank! Elise clearly wins the mobility competition. Elise also wins the brawling competition since she can get away with going tanky and still putting out pretty good damage. Elise, like Anivia, brings more to a game than Ahri does.

Ryze:
Tanky with tons of damage, what else is there to say? Ryze lacks the mobility of Ahri, and only has a snare compared to Ahri's full stun, but he more than makes up for it with his tankiness and incredible scaling. Once Ryze gets going, his AOE and damage potential are almost unmatched. Ryze is a monster of a teamfighter, and he can take more than a few punches, unlike our wonderful Ahri. Ryze doesn't have any fancy mechanics or flexibility, but he more than makes up for it in sheer brute strength that Ahri could never hope to compete with.

Katarina:
Recent developments in the meta have further proven that Katarina is a force to be reckoned with, whether she builds glass cannon or tanky. She brings unmatched cleanup potential, surprisng amounts of tankiness, and all around a lot of sheer strength. Katarina can easily rival Ahri's mobility with Shunpo, and even have it act like a flash if she has a ward available. The difference here is that when Katarina jumps on you, she's going to mess you up really badly, unlike Ahri who tends to poke their opponent down until she can safely fight them. Katarina's teamfighting is superior to Ahri's in every way and Katarina brings more damage to pretty much any situation than Ahri can. The only thing Ahri has over Kat is a CC, but it doesn't come close to bridging the gap between these two champions.

Lux:
Lux is a great champion. She's probably one of the best balanced champions in the game. She has a long list of strengths: powerful teamfighting, zoning abilities, slows, snares, burst damage potential, and sniping potential. All of her abilities have incredible range on them. While her snare isn't as good as a dedicated stun like Ahri's charm, Lux can land it from an incredible distance - never even putting herself in harm's way. But here's the real advantage: her snare can hit two targets, this makes Lux's snare invaluable in teamfights and during the landing phase since she can lock down two enemy champions or fire her snare right over a minion to hit her opponent. During fights she can zone opponents with Lucent Singularity and punish people who wander into its radius by chunking them for a good bit of damage. And then there's her ultimate. Final Spark is an amazing ability with a myriad of uses. And since it has such a low cooldown at higher ranks, it can be used in most situations without worry of needing it when it's on cooldown. Lux takes this one over Ahri easily with her well-rounded presence and versatility.

Therefore, I come to my suggestions about what to do, should you decide that Ahri does indeed require changes. I hardly expect you to take these particular changes, rather, the purpose of these is to merely get the ball rolling.

Suggested Resolution:

- Drop the mana cost on Orb of Deception to 80 at max rank from 90. True damage is less valuable now and it should be appraised as such.
Back when this nerf was made was the peak of both Ahri's power and the power of resistances. Both of these things - Ahri's strength and the value of True Damage - have dropped considerably since then and the mana cost on this ability should reflect those changes. It would also give Ahri more freedom in team compositions; she could have the to option to build mana regeneration items instead of always requiring blue-buff, allowing her jungler to take the buff instead of Ahri if they needed to do so and Ahri opted for the regeneration items.

- Next, increase the AP ratio on Foxfire from 40% to 42.5%. The original nerf to this ability was very heavy, but it met its goal with success: the removal of tanky Ahri. The AP ratio was also slightly modified at the same time. During the patch preview where this nerf was introduced, some insight was shared regarding where you wanted Ahri to go in terms of design:

Quote:
"Players will be rewarded for building full ap"
This goal was never met and was a failure. It was more of a lie to the community than anything else. After the change, Ahri required (and still does) exactly 800 AP to pull even with her previous damage. This was and still is an unobtainable number. There was no reward for building full AP after this change, only punishment.
My suggestion lowers the AP requirement from 800 AP to exactly 400 AP to pull even. This causes Ahri players to actually be rewarded for building full AP. This change would meet the goal that the original change never did. It would also have the side-effect of improving Ahri's late-game damage, a common and very legitimate complaint.

- Finally, a very slight cooldown reduction on her Ultimate, Spirit Rush. According to the patch preview that was released at the time of Ahri's Foxfire nerf, Spirit Rush is intended to be Ahri's primary way to mitigate damage. Currently, her cooldown makes doing this difficult. Therefore I suggest reducing the cooldown by 5 seconds at all ranks, changing the cooldown to 105/90/75 from 110/95/80. Her current cooldown is too restrictive and leaves her with very extensive downtime periods where she is unable to contribute meaningfully since her Spirit Rush is a core component of allowing the rest of her kit to work optimally or evade lethal damage.

These small suggestions would bring Ahri back up to a level where she can have the opportunity to truly shine again in the right hands.

Cater0mcf

02-14-2013

Hey there, Ahri is my favourite and most used champion. And I hate seeing other Ahri players crying about her. She is currently the stongest MAGE that you could pick up for mid lane. That's right, Ahri is a mage and not an assassin. Most mid laners who tried to pick her up as an assassin(look at Reginald for example) failed hardly simply because they couldn't understand her role. Ahri has low cooldowns and high range, meaning she can toss out spells from afar, it is usually a dumb idea to dash into the middle of the enemy team just to get one kill, in teamfights you worth more than most opponents. If it is required to kill an opponent, Ahri is still capable to catch the enemy ADC and burst him/her down.

I don't know what are you saying at the clearing creeps in 1 orb of deception part. Yes, you are not going to be able 1 shot creep waves, but you can 1 shot casters with it, which is more than enough.
Athene's, well, it was never required on Ahri, you don't need mana regen, as she is not mana hungry at all, if you get 2 Dohran's, you are going to be fine all game, even if you sell them later. cdr and the ap were nice on it tho. Anyhow, so Athene's used to be a fine item on her, but it was a 100% luxury item, now it is unbuyable.

Now about true damage. When is the part where you have to rely on your true damage the most? In the laning phase, as orb of deception is going to be most of your damage. Most mids just can't afford to buy health early on, as there are no real options for it, if they do, their damage is going to fall. If they buy resistances, your poke will be the same. Later in the game your Q might deal lower damage overall, but most of your other abilities would deal more as they are going to lack the resistances.

I have some reasons why i pick Ahri over any other mid laner:
-Her range and mobility during laning phase grants her safety even if she fights a "counter". A long time ago people were saying that she has no real counters and i still beleive in this.
-Her true damage makes her able to poke down even the bulkiest enemies.
-She is one of the best gankers among mid laners, she can help out sidelines most of the time.
-Rylai's is wonderful on Ahri, probably the best champion for it. She can build it early on(i usually build it as my second main item), meaning she has more health than mids who build no health.Rylai's passive grants her extreme kiting abilities, and thanks to her great range she can keep her distance from her oppenents. Her low cooldown synergies with this.

On her Q's mana cost buff: Ahri is not mana hungry at all. If you manage to use your abilities when you are 100% sure you are going to hit your target, you are never going to run out of mana. After you manage to get double Dohran's which is a standard AP mid build, you are not going to have issues even if you use your Q to push constantly. And by the time you max your Q, you are supposed to have those rings.

The nerfs on her W meant to nerf her early game, it was simply too powerful. It was not meant to be a trade off.

I'm not sure how much Ahri have you been playing lately, but the cooldowns on her ultimate is 110/95/80. Lowering her cooldowns would make her even more annoying to gank her, and she would have too much opportunities for a gank herself. As of now, her ultimate's cooldown is near perfect, I only have issues early game, but with blue buff i always have my spirit rush up when i need it. Even without it, Ahri is still able to dish out a reasonable damage, especially with a perfect combo.

And building damage on her is extremely rewarding, just imagine and extremely mobile archer. That archer is able to escape from many sutiation while dealing a lot of damage because of his range. Now, if that archer is tanky, his low damage is not going to accomplish much.

Anyhow, as i feel now, Ahri is perfect, still one of the best picks for mid, and she is still going to shine in the right hands. I would be very sad if Riot changed anything on her.

Riftic

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cater0mcf View Post
That's right, Ahri is a mage and not an assassin. Most mid laners who tried to pick her up as an assassin(look at Reginald for example) failed hardly simply because they couldn't understand her role.
Ahri is an assassin by design. She always has been. Lately, specifically post-Season 3, she cannot fulfill this role effectively compared to her competition, the other AP champions.

If you still don't think Ahri is an assassin, I will prove it to you.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champions
Ahri - tags: Assassin, Mage, Ranged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fusp6idi-3w#t=42
Draven Patch Preview - 42 seconds in: "Ahri really fits the role of a ranged mage assassin."

Furthermore, did you just try to say that the reason Reginald didn't have success with Ahri was because he didn't know how to play her? We're talking about a professional player here. Somebody who plays the game for a living. Somebody who actually specializes in the exact type of champion that Ahri is.

There is far more to it than you're willing to let on to.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-14-2013

ಠ_ಠ too much hate to fling at the majority of this thread. So the ahri fancult would like to present to you an expression of our outrage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2ZPR9qWDoo

That said I'm going to keep this short and skip straight to the fun part.
I disagree with giving ahri higher ratios and leaving it at that.

What I WOULD like is something more along the lines of utility increase

some examples would be the ability to charge her skills for an even stronger effect. For example, charging charm over 1 second to turn it into a pass through aoe skillshot that charms all hit with it. xD

Or at least just give it a nice passive bonus or something like ahri deals 20% extra bonus magic damage to charmed targets.

Ahri already has decent teamfight damage, but increasing damage already spammable magic abilities doesnt seem like the way to go. I'd prefer something more.. I think the word is intuitive? something that requires more thought/risk.

Also another thing I would like is on her passive. Rather than have automatic spellvamp, I would like it to do something more.

For example
charm could say, if her passive is active that target will remain charmed for double duration

or

instead of spellvamp, if she has her orb she can heal allies with the charges somehow

or

it could just deal bonus damage or damage overtime or mark opponents for some amount of time with something silly.

I don't really just want her damage to increase. If she gets a buff I'd like for her to get a real buff not a crappy ratio buff like all these other champs that fail to be ahri and thus don't matter.

no bias whatsoever
/ahri fancult banner

Peligrad

02-14-2013

I think Ahri is fine.

I don't understand all the complaints.

She farms well, she's safe, she scales well...

Nothing sticks out that says she isn't good.

She didn't get a whole lot for new itemization, and the hp craze has made her true damage less valuable...

So she isn't super popular because she doesn't quite fit the meta perfectly right now.

But that's true of all mage assassins right now. Kass isn't popular, LeBlanc isn't popular, Malz isn't either, the list goes on...

People are really liking tankier mages right now. Ryze and Elise... or ones who have a lot of map presence like Lux and TF.

But Ahri is in way better shape than many other APs...

Like Xerath, Heimer, Viktor, Karma, Zilean, Ziggs, and Galio. All of which barely see any play...

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cater0mcf View Post
Hey there, Ahri is my favourite and most used champion. And I hate seeing other Ahri players crying about her. She is currently the stongest MAGE that you could pick up for mid lane. That's right, Ahri is a mage and not an assassin. Most mid laners who tried to pick her up as an assassin(look at Reginald for example) failed hardly simply because they couldn't understand her role. Ahri has low cooldowns and high range, meaning she can toss out spells from afar, it is usually a dumb idea to dash into the middle of the enemy team just to get one kill, in teamfights you worth more than most opponents. If it is required to kill an opponent, Ahri is still capable to catch the enemy ADC and burst him/her down.

I don't know what are you saying at the clearing creeps in 1 orb of deception part. Yes, you are not going to be able 1 shot creep waves, but you can 1 shot casters with it, which is more than enough.
Athene's, well, it was never required on Ahri, you don't need mana regen, as she is not mana hungry at all, if you get 2 Dohran's, you are going to be fine all game, even if you sell them later. cdr and the ap were nice on it tho. Anyhow, so Athene's used to be a fine item on her, but it was a 100% luxury item, now it is unbuyable.

Now about true damage. When is the part where you have to rely on your true damage the most? In the laning phase, as orb of deception is going to be most of your damage. Most mids just can't afford to buy health early on, as there are no real options for it, if they do, their damage is going to fall. If they buy resistances, your poke will be the same. Later in the game your Q might deal lower damage overall, but most of your other abilities would deal more as they are going to lack the resistances.

I have some reasons why i pick Ahri over any other mid laner:
-Her range and mobility during laning phase grants her safety even if she fights a "counter". A long time ago people were saying that she has no real counters and i still beleive in this.
-Her true damage makes her able to poke down even the bulkiest enemies.
-She is one of the best gankers among mid laners, she can help out sidelines most of the time.
-Rylai's is wonderful on Ahri, probably the best champion for it. She can build it early on(i usually build it as my second main item), meaning she has more health than mids who build no health.Rylai's passive grants her extreme kiting abilities, and thanks to her great range she can keep her distance from her oppenents. Her low cooldown synergies with this.

On her Q's mana cost buff: Ahri is not mana hungry at all. If you manage to use your abilities when you are 100% sure you are going to hit your target, you are never going to run out of mana. After you manage to get double Dohran's which is a standard AP mid build, you are not going to have issues even if you use your Q to push constantly. And by the time you max your Q, you are supposed to have those rings.

The nerfs on her W meant to nerf her early game, it was simply too powerful. It was not meant to be a trade off.

I'm not sure how much Ahri have you been playing lately, but the cooldowns on her ultimate is 110/95/80. Lowering her cooldowns would make her even more annoying to gank her, and she would have too much opportunities for a gank herself. As of now, her ultimate's cooldown is near perfect, I only have issues early game, but with blue buff i always have my spirit rush up when i need it. Even without it, Ahri is still able to dish out a reasonable damage, especially with a perfect combo.

And building damage on her is extremely rewarding, just imagine and extremely mobile archer. That archer is able to escape from many sutiation while dealing a lot of damage because of his range. Now, if that archer is tanky, his low damage is not going to accomplish much.

Anyhow, as i feel now, Ahri is perfect, still one of the best picks for mid, and she is still going to shine in the right hands. I would be very sad if Riot changed anything on her.
ahri was used as an assassin in the world finals where she went 6/0 against the, at the time, undefeated orianna. Ahri can go mage or assassin or mix it up as needed. She is probably the strongest of the mage/assassin class. We shall call it assassage... because they all seem to have dat butt. except for kass... actually I'm pretty sure the ladies like his too.

As for one shotting minion waves, I have no idea what you all are talking about... Maybe I'm just doing something wrong but in most games if I do happen to focus on building for straight up damage I will be clearing minions waves with a single Q.

Nerfs on the W... They actually raised the base damage on it for the early game and had it lower towards the midgame so you had to rely more on AP to achieve the same damage as before at earlier levels and EVENTUALLY you would need like 800AP to have the same or more endgame damage which was actually not that easy but matters less now due to the new goodies available to casters. One of ahri's special abilities, practically a hidden passive is that her multitarget spells act like single target spells giving her increased effect from on-spell abilities with her W and R. For example with rylais or muramana or even with gunblade she can actually apply the effects TWELVE TIMES with just those 2 abilities. She can also spellvamp off her Q's true damage which is also kinda stupid lol.

Every new onspell item is a buff to ahri.
Ahri should get many buffs

Ahri doesnt NEED any buffs, she should get them simply for being ahri and all other champs should go cry in a corner as they fail to be ahri
no bias whatsoever
/ahri fancult banner

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
She didn't get a whole lot for new itemization, and the hp craze has made her true damage less valuable...
I disagree.

As for the itemization every onspell ability is a buff to ahri. The recent change to liandris was a nerf but the dfg and rabadon stuff was great for ahri.

hp does not prevent spellvamp.. gg bruh

HP does not tend to make catching ahri any easier

In most cases, the damage dealt by items that give hp arent anything ahri should be too concerned about, including black cleaver.

Normally when ahri sees mantheon she will get hot and try to charm him without getting caught out of position or rather she tends to want to assume the position

Now when ahri sees mantheon with black cleaver she doesnt typically have any special amounts of armor so she will still just get hot and try to charm him without getting caught out of position or rather she would tend to want to assume the position

Cater0mcf

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riftic View Post
Ahri is an assassin by design. She always has been. Lately, specifically post-Season 3, she cannot fulfill this role effectively compared to her competition, the other AP champions.

If you still don't think Ahri is an assassin, I will prove it to you.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champions
Ahri - tags: Assassin, Mage, Ranged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fusp6idi-3w#t=42
Draven Patch Preview - 42 seconds in: "Ahri really fits the role of a ranged mage assassin."

Furthermore, did you just try to say that the reason Reginald didn't have success with Ahri was because he didn't know how to play her? We're talking about a professional player here. Somebody who plays the game for a living. Somebody who actually specializes in the exact type of champion that Ahri is.

There is far more to it than you're willing to let on to.
Riot has always been saying stupid things from time to time. Same with the labels, a tons of junglers are not even labelled and there are interesting things in the support sections.
Yeah, and just as I said, a super agressive player, who loves assassins failed to do anything memorable with Ahri as an assassin.
And I'm not really the one here who doesn't let the topic flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
ahri was used as an assassin in the world finals where she went 6/0 against the, at the time, undefeated orianna. Ahri can go mage or assassin or mix it up as needed. She is probably the strongest of the mage/assassin class. We shall call it assassage... because they all seem to have dat butt. except for kass... actually I'm pretty sure the ladies like his too.

As for one shotting minion waves, I have no idea what you all are talking about... Maybe I'm just doing something wrong but in most games if I do happen to focus on building for straight up damage I will be clearing minions waves with a single Q.

Nerfs on the W... They actually raised the base damage on it for the early game and had it lower towards the midgame so you had to rely more on AP to achieve the same damage as before at earlier levels and EVENTUALLY you would need like 800AP to have the same or more endgame damage which was actually not that easy but matters less now due to the new goodies available to casters. One of ahri's special abilities, practically a hidden passive is that her multitarget spells act like single target spells giving her increased effect from on-spell abilities with her W and R. For example with rylais or muramana or even with gunblade she can actually apply the effects TWELVE TIMES with just those 2 abilities. She can also spellvamp off her Q's true damage which is also kinda stupid lol.

Every new onspell item is a buff to ahri.
Ahri should get many buffs

Ahri doesnt NEED any buffs, she should get them simply for being ahri and all other champs should go cry in a corner as they fail to be ahri
no bias whatsoever
/ahri fancult banner
Her assassinhood is a bit on the popular side. Too much people are tunnelvisioned that her only possible role is being an assassin. While I personally think that on a team with 4 other random individuals mage Ahri is stronger. I can't comment about her in 5v5 as I'm not experienced.

I don't know what i was talking about her wave cleaing, I think taking a 2 weeks break makes me talking silly things.

Her W actually had the same base power early on, but got weaker in later ranks, i wasn't sure about it, I've never bothered to check it.

Yeah and Ahri is cool, so, derp.

/cooler ahri fancult banner

ElDynamite

02-14-2013

I played her extensively when she was free because everyone always said she was really good, but I absolutely hated it. Her damage is pretty pitiful without her ult and the only thing she can really do is burst one target down (not even) then get killed. Her ratios are outclassed by even Katarina, whose ult can be casted possibly twice in a 5v5 (three times with max CDR).
Heck, even Kennen, who has insane mobility and a nearly teamwide stun that deals ridiculous damage to everyone, outclasses her single target DPS.

So I'm going to say that Ahri needs a serious buff.

GiottoXIII

02-14-2013

Ahri is not an easy champion to play ppl should understand that having mained ahri for quite a while now you should understand that her role is to stay on the edge of teamfights and cast charms/ foxfires/ orbs to deal damage and act not only as a damage dealer but as a disruptor/ utility mage (charm) and only use R as a reposition/chase/ disengage tool I've used her to great effect in season 3 compared to many other mid mages.... and I find that unless im spamming my abilities early game my poke damage outclasses that of any other ap mage because of the return true damage while not draining my entire mana pool to pull off a fancy combo Ahri's role is that of an assassin mage but while she doesn't fill that role anymore because of health stacking it doesn't destroy her presence on SR at all actually i find it funny to watch tanks and bruisers jaws drop when their unbelievably high health stats drop in chunks as they eat my orbs