Caitlyn's Ult: Poke or Hunt

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azellos

02-13-2013

Hey all,

So any Cait player knows that your not supposed to use her ult in a fight. My preference is usually to use it on enemies who escape with low-ish hp, both after fights and in lane.

However, I have a friend who uses it almost exclusively as poke. He admits that he might miss out directly on a kill here or there, but he claims its worth it as it gives you the upper hand in the start of any engagement you commit to.

I personally don't like that approach, but i know some others who do. The other thing i dont like: if you use it as poke, it's hard to hit the squishies with it (i.e. what stops hecarim from running in and blocking it). Whereas if you use it on a fleeing squishy champ with say 500 hp late game, it can be a guaranteed hit and kill.

What does everyone else think?

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Majority of the time I use it the instant I hit level 6, so that I can take 200-300 hp off from either the support or AD.

Davester32

02-13-2013

I like to use before I back (b) By the time I am back in the action it is off cool down. Sometimes I'll use it to get an assist when someone else is nearby to finish them. More times than not though it is best used to kill the person fleeing with low health.

SeCKS Egai

02-13-2013

It's a hard hitting safe poke, so it makes sense to utilize it that way. I myself have a hard time letting go of it being a killing blow but strategy wise using it early has advantages. Forcing someone out of lane can do more than waiting for that opportune kill.

newbin

02-13-2013

i use it kinda as a poke as well but only during lane when I know the jungle will not be ganking soon, and right before a you know a team fight is starting. Using it on a squishy before a team fight, makes them a easier kill or atleast less likely to commit to the team fight. I've done this alot mid game to make them retreat so we can take a tower.

Just watch your angle so they can't block it.