As a frequent Nasus player, Nasus has too much power now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vitran Accad

02-13-2013

About 1.5 years ago I started playing Nasus, and Nasus only (~97% of the time. Before that it was Garen. I am switching to Anivia).
And I believe I am decent with Nasus. I build Phillo Stone>Boots>Glacial Shroud>Sheen>Phage>Trinity then I break down to whatever else I need. The Glacial provide(d) the CDR and mana I needed to get a lot of Q. Like in the 600 range late game and my prior record was 750ish.

With the new Nasus, it is roll on the floor hilarious. I can get ~500 Syphon at 30 minutes, 800 at 40, if the game could last that long. With the second round of buffs to Nasus, this is getting ridiculous.

What are you trying to do? Nasus played well was OP before. He can smash anyone who wants to fight or smash any tower by 40 minutes. The last few games have had hilariousfights with Nasus two hitting characters.

Nasus is becoming broken. Not to exactly complain, but just be really careful. I don't think he deserves the last rounds of buffs.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

His 45% win rate and nearly no tourney play seem to think otherwise, if that makes him too powerful though, he will get nerfed.

Fluffy1

02-14-2013

currently hes an AD bruiser whos AP build is more powerful...that says something alone

The Lord Impaler

02-14-2013

Hypothetically the mana cost reduction on Q will make the AP-SpiritFire centered build stronger as he can spam that fire more easily.

I think high ELO players just know how to, A - CS minions at a rate that grows their power curve from items at near the maximum rate of a perfect Q farming Nasus player meaning Nasus's un-capped potential can not come out till >40 minutes by which point the game is over. B - In team fights don't cluster enough for his Ult to be draining more then one person and with high damage the fights are over so fast he can't stack much bonus damage effectively making the Ult a meer 600 health heal. C - Don't foolishly push their lanes to give him easy farm under tower, but rather freeze them, gank Nasus hard and shut him down early.

Newbs make all these mistakes and an expert Nasus could punish them severely and begin to Snowball, in this sense Nasus is like Darius (brutal on Newbs but weak at high level) but that requires SKILL to play instead of just mashing R.

Negrojefe

02-14-2013

He is powerful, but he is too easy to counter.

His only "cgap closer" is heavily counter by most champs that play against them that have blinks/jumps/dashes or any other form of movement other than just walking.

Also, any ranged champ will own him bad and make him unable to farm. He cant play 1 vs 2 lanes since his only range way to kill minions pushes the lane and expends all his mana.

He has little chances to escape ganks, has no hard cc and has no execution ability.

So, little movement capabilities, no ranged farm, no safe escape mechanism, no execution ability, very easy to shut down = bad champ in any sort of organized play.

Hyfe

02-14-2013

You are incorrect.

Vitran Accad

02-14-2013

I have found most of what is stated above as true, to some extent. There are limits to how effective some of the things addressed are, however.

I (as Nasus0 have an easy time shutting down champs like Darius, Jax, Xin and Cho. Darius because he has no easy way to escape and the others because they do not have the health or survivability to dash around the area. About the only champions I have had severe issues with are Garen and Olaf.
Ranged champions have not proved to be a challenge as the passive lifesteal on a minion hit usually recovered the amount of damage that was inflicted.

I played Nasus because I heard someone only played Jax and became really good at Jax, learning all his tricks. I have a friend who used to play Viegar, and actually stopped playing when he found that champions like Riven could dash through both sides of his stun ring, effectively negating his escape method. I have spent a long time playing him, looking for ways to be better and ways to effectively shut other players down, and I have, for what I think, as an effective play strategy.

It is true that Nasus has a much harder time in Ranked than in Normal. Ranked has a very different atmosphere that seems to prevent my strategy of dogeing/farming/finding the minions/engaging from working.

Okay, so the general opinion is that what I believe is incorrect. Fine. I will just smash harder as Nasus now than ever before.

Negrojefe

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitran Accad View Post
I have found most of what is stated above as true, to some extent. There are limits to how effective some of the things addressed are, however.

I (as Nasus0 have an easy time shutting down champs like Darius, Jax, Xin and Cho. Darius because he has no easy way to escape and the others because they do not have the health or survivability to dash around the area. About the only champions I have had severe issues with are Garen and Olaf.
Ranged champions have not proved to be a challenge as the passive lifesteal on a minion hit usually recovered the amount of damage that was inflicted.

I played Nasus because I heard someone only played Jax and became really good at Jax, learning all his tricks. I have a friend who used to play Viegar, and actually stopped playing when he found that champions like Riven could dash through both sides of his stun ring, effectively negating his escape method. I have spent a long time playing him, looking for ways to be better and ways to effectively shut other players down, and I have, for what I think, as an effective play strategy.

It is true that Nasus has a much harder time in Ranked than in Normal. Ranked has a very different atmosphere that seems to prevent my strategy of dogeing/farming/finding the minions/engaging from working.

Okay, so the general opinion is that what I believe is incorrect. Fine. I will just smash harder as Nasus now than ever before.

I am afraid you have only played against bad players. Darius and Chog should shut you down easily, you cant out recover the damage from a ranged champ with auto attacking unless the ranged champ is not paying atention (each of your minion hits should be at least 2 hits form the ranged champ), a champ like Teemo would keep your q at very low charges by blinding every attempt of last hitting with it.

Nasus kit is outdated, Wither is too easily avoided by too many champs that go top, your q is too previsible and anyone with half a clue will punish you at every attempt of using iot. You are very, VERY easily ganked and you depends too much on your q charges.

Your 35% wins as Nasus in ranked in S2 should give you a hint, and its even harder in S3 because mroe champs have Nasus counter mechanisms.

MMHSTerror

02-14-2013

Well either way, they are fixing his Q glitch that let the whole thing critical strike so people won't be playing him as much anymore

Ephringael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

I'm glad I got to play a few games with his Q bug while it was around.

It made up for missing out on stacking sunfires.

It also helped ease the regret of buying him. The lulz that were had were worth far more than 1350 ip.