Muramana on ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kramsys

02-13-2013

Would muramana be a good late game item for an ADC?

ROKAF JE

02-13-2013

Unless you're Urgot, probably not.

SeCKS Egai

02-13-2013

No, because to get it to muramana it needs to be built earlier, and adcs don't have the slots to fit one in considering everything else they have to slot in the first place.

Wiltsee

02-13-2013

also your rapid-fire AAs will drain mana before you realize it. not all champions use their abilities late-game, but some adcs do require the use of them (varus, vayne, mf, ez namely).

Luigi OG

02-14-2013

I personally run it on Corki if I get first blood o:

Artemis427

02-16-2013

Personally, I like building it on adc's like Sivir, Corki and sometimes even MF, but the problem lies in its practicality in that going for an early Tear leaves you behind in damage and the Manamune isn't exactly cost effective unless you already maxed Tear to get Muramana. However, the late game damage potential on it is amazing IMO (it can out dmg BT if you do it right). What I like about League is that you have the ability to experiment so much (Frozen Mallet on Ashe? why not ?).

TLDR: You're welcome to try what you want (but don't expect a positive reaction from your teammates)

OneDeadPixel

02-16-2013

Marumana requires 4000 (4000*0.02+20) mana, in order to equal the damage of a fully stacked Bloodthirster. The active gives you a maximum AA damage of 340 AD, which decays down to 100 AD at zero mana. Most ADCs will never come close to this though. Miss Fortune can have 1858 mana at level 18 with Marumana as her only mana item. Thats only 57 AD with the passive, and 168 AD with the active, which decays back down to 57.

So as you can see Marumana is a poor choice on a conventional ADC, as they usually have a low manapool, thus requiring you to build mana items. This hurts you more than it helps, as you could be buying more cost effective items that synergise better with your champion via AD, Lifesteal, Attackspeed, and Crit chance increase. The other problem is that it takes you longer to build damage and survivability, making you weaker in the early and mid game.

Zswords

02-16-2013

I use it on Ez, Urgot, and Ashe, and that's it, because these are three champions who stack the Tear FAST without it needing to be the Manamune yet, and who do use a lot of mana for their main tricks, but ti's a tough call when to buy, Usually an early double kill will seal it, or a strong early farm lead after single kill that ends up in a pushed lane. (Ashe Q stacks Tear every AA, and Ez and Urgot just spam abilities so much it's great.)

Ez and Urgot are also champions that can seriously consider building Triforce or IBG, which comes with some mana to help boost up the passive.

That's my two cents on the matter, take it as you will. >.>

Pobbes

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zswords View Post
I use it on Ez, Urgot, and Ashe, and that's it, because these are three champions who stack the Tear FAST without it needing to be the Manamune yet, and who do use a lot of mana for their main tricks, but ti's a tough call when to buy, Usually an early double kill will seal it, or a strong early farm lead after single kill that ends up in a pushed lane. (Ashe Q stacks Tear every AA, and Ez and Urgot just spam abilities so much it's great.)

Ez and Urgot are also champions that can seriously consider building Triforce or IBG, which comes with some mana to help boost up the passive.

That's my two cents on the matter, take it as you will. >.>
With this guy, Ez or Urgot only. On Ez, build it with IBG, otherwise forget it.

MusashiRyuu

05-21-2013

It's good in a "Blue" / AP build. Take ezreal for example, if he's building an all "blue" build, which is centered around his abilities, then Muramasa would be excellent. Ezreal would already have high mana because he's getting items that enhance his abilities, and then because of his passive AS increase his AA's would do a lot of damage with the Muramasa proc. So muramasa / manamune depends on which ADC you are using it with, and how you are building that ADC. It is great on Ezreal though, worthy of being one of his core items.