Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dethavin

02-13-2013

Quote:
It's not an "I want to learn" thread, it's a "This guy is unreasonably OP and not a single champion has any hope of beating him ever" thread.

Garen hasn't been touched in 6 months, he's pretty balanced.
Yes, and for 6 months his win rate has steadily risen until its now at around 56/57%. I've seen very few Garen's get shut down and I've seen very many Garen's carry the absolute F*** out of their teams.

OJ Da Juiceman

02-13-2013

garen is actually a really good champion in season 3. people think he sucks because hes one of the easiest champions to play. Garen sucks when you are counterpicked with yorick, teemo, and some others.

Like darius, he is very strong because he is very easy to outplay. His gameplay is linear and thus easy to predict and deal with. If you are playing vs bad players, pick garen and wreck face

workthecorners

02-13-2013

im supprised no on mentiond Vlad

its like his kit is mad to beat garen

can match his sustain+poke him to beat his sustain

and when garen runs at you with Dstrike you quick E+Q and run and at the last second pool

if you got him to run his dstrike into CD then he may even spin right away and then you can stay under him as pool then EQ him again then just play safe till your pool is back up

PoisonedPeace

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethavin View Post
Please tell me who counters him then. Teemo? no garen is faster with more damage and more sustain. Nidalee? Garen is faster with more sustain and damage. Yorick? Close, but if you're playing a smart Garen he'll just ignore the ghouls and fight since he's, you guessed it, faster with more damage!
Garen isnt faster than nidalee. Use her brush MS buff. Plus nidalee has good poke combined with better sustained damage+good burst.

I don't play yorick, but I can't remember the last time I saw (in ranked) a Yorick lose a top lane vs Garen.

Garen is not good late game, and he gets wrecked in lane by quite a few.

NiceDynamite

02-14-2013

Pantheon beats the **** out of Garen pretty bad. Whenever he runs at me with his silence, I just W him for the stun and run away. He'll silence you, but after he's stunned he just stands around for a second or two, allowing you to escape.

Romantic Metro

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
Pantheon beats the **** out of Garen pretty bad. Whenever he runs at me with his silence, I just W him for the stun and run away. He'll silence you, but after he's stunned he just stands around for a second or two, allowing you to escape.
that's a bad garen imo. He should be spinning to win on you all day if you just stunned him. I would rather q with that spear and run through the creep wave. I would even consider tier 2 boots faster for that mobility. That way if he does Q you could run reasonably long enough to get it on cd. just be conservative with it. He takes you to your turret even better. he knocks your shield down you can stun him for an instant shield and run around your turret for days while he tries to spin on you while the turret hits him. Then spear him somemore if he thinks he can tank it.

IplayforfunFU

02-14-2013

Garen its very strong because its easy to play and he will usually outlast anyone who trades with him melee because of his passive and manaless resource, a good Garen will try to QE you everytime they are up, they wont Q without E on CD either.

Also Garen can burst like a mofo with that ult, if you are around 50-60% of health he will move for the kill with QE ignite + ult, which like Darius make a lot of people rage when you are "winning" and suddenly you are dead.

That being said, many champs counter Garen, i destroy Garen with Yorick, but mainly because i used to be a Garen player in S2, the key is simply to kill passive.

ChillxIGotThis

02-14-2013

Garen couldn't be more balanced. There was another one of these ridiculous posts earlier today.

End. Of. Thread.

izuul

02-14-2013

i just wish garen had mana or something all im sayin

cracker1234

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
Morello stated they're doing a pass on all fighters, starting with Vi, Xin and J4 apparently.
He also understands there is a bigger problem via items (namely health) hence the BotRK buff.

Onto the topic - Garen is easy to shut down in lane, starting with armor and poke.
Unless Garen builds damage, in reality, he doesn't do very much. He's more of an annoying disruptor when built straight tank.
When he isn't building tanky, he melts.
His killsteal ultimate is nice, but typically not enjoyed by his team.
It also does not reset on kills, deals magic damage and has no scaling outside of how much health you're missing.

You picked Vi against him (weak pick) and he built to counter you. I am not surprised Garen won the matchup.

Normal Blind Pick is no way to judge power of any given champion.
In draft, he's one of the easiest champions to counterpick.

ITT; champions have counterpicks - you were counterpicked.
i completely agree with this, when i play cho i just get ninja tabi and chain vest and he cant touch me