Ranked System Making Me Angry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sibyron

02-13-2013

Heya guys. First post here. I wanted to ask some questions about the points system in ranked. so I've been on somewhat of a winning streak (started ranked games a few months ago, in Bronze Division 1 atm, so far with 5 wins in a row). I won a ranked game yesterday and got 4 points for it. I was at 90, so i thought one more game would give me 10 and put me in for Promotionals. I was pretty annoyed with that amount, so I looked it up and found that the points you get depend on the ELO of your team and your opponents'. I think. My teams ELO was pretty high compared to that of my opponents', and I thought that was understandable. I played another game and won. The teams were evenly matched, and we came out on top.

I got 2 points for that game. I was pretty pissed after that. I'm sitting at 96, and thinking that the points are going to be halved for every win. And here I was thinking the system was supposed to put me where I belonged, not make it excruciatingly difficult to just get a few f***ing points. What, is next game gonna give me 1 point? Is that as low as it goes, or will i start getting half a point? a quarter??? I dunno, which is why I'm posting this.

Have you guys had...issues...with this new system? What are your thoughts?

Jolty

02-13-2013

I think it is actually based on your hidden MMR (matchmaking rating). Despite your win streak, it is overall very low, that the system does not believe you are worthy of being promoted quite yet. Your MMR is still rising with your wins, so don't worry. Consistently win more, and soon you'll be getting more and more LP per win. What you're currently experiencing is what I believe people are calling "LP Clamping".

As for myself, I started Ranked right as the new system first came out. So far, I've had a pretty good experience with it.

Sibyron

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolty View Post
I think it is actually based on your hidden MMR (matchmaking rating). Despite your win streak, it is overall very low, that the system does not believe you are worthy of being promoted quite yet. Your MMR is still rising with your wins, so don't worry. Consistently win more, and soon you'll be getting more and more LP per win. What you're currently experiencing is what I believe people are calling "LP Clamping".

As for myself, I started Ranked right as the new system first came out. So far, I've had a pretty good experience with it.
Ah. That explains this pitiful amount of LP I'm getting... Thanks for the info. I figured a good win streak would be enough to give me a decent amount of LP tho, not just 2, but idk.

ghost3444

02-26-2013

there is no way this **** is rite... i got +1LP for winning im droveeEeeeee