YO IRONSTYLUS, NINTENDO would like a word with you.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
Samus stopped being independent and strong with Other M, now she is just a whiny piece of eye candy.
WE DO NOT! SPEAK oF THAT!

Thrashie

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttsukasa View Post
incoming down votes from people who can't accept that a female champ could be anything more than kitty Kat katrina or nurse Akali. (Ashe is royalty from a cold land yet wears less than I do when I go to the beach.
You must be joking.

You're effectively shoehorning every female character into a 'bimbo' model, by saying anything else is a carbon copy of Samus.

Also, is that beach by chance in Siberia? 'Cuz she's wearing at least two layers.

Eletale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YattaRX8 View Post
In b4 "Other M"
Too late for that.

YattaRX8

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eletale View Post
Too late for that.

ashxu

02-13-2013

Samus isn't well designed imo. You can't tell what gender she is with the suit alone.

Not to mention Nintendo ruined the image by making Zero Suit Samus appear more often and also Metroid Other M

PROppy

02-13-2013

Samus was the first, and you couldn't tell back then. later They sold out but it doesn't mean she didn't pave the way.

I like that ironstylus follows a similar path. it makes me happy.

Zetaneuro

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehadam View Post
The other M was the worst game in the franchise and put it at risk... I really doubt the next game will be like it.
I feel in Other M they were trying to flesh out Samus as a character by giving you insight to her history/personality, which hasn't been done in any other Metroid so they had nothing to copypasta.

Hating on a game because it tries to break from the norm and give you a little more history and attachment to the character we've all come to love, that's definitely the way to encourage the development of a franchise.

ashxu

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttsukasa View Post
Samus was the first, and you couldn't tell back then. later They sold out but it doesn't mean she didn't pave the way.

I like that ironstylus follows a similar path. it makes me happy.
mmm, didn't think about it that way.

Then again back then female video game protagonists weren't that common.

MTempty

02-13-2013

Yes.. completely unsexualized. Not like she wears a skintight body suit showing off her curves.

PROppy

02-13-2013

thanks; )