About to uninstall -- LP glitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Afrothunder1987

02-13-2013

So i was sitting at 88 LP in Silver Div I ready to start my promotion series. I won three games in a row.... gained 4 LP, then 5 LP, then 2 LP for a total of 11 LP in three games (counting these games, I had won 7 out of 10 matches and was on a 5 game winning streak). Then I got put on a team that couldn't win even though the other team had a dc for the first 20 minutes and lost 18 LP. I should have gotten to my promotion series and won the first 2 games of it... but instead a streak of 3 wins starting at 88 LP was erased and THEN SOME by 1 loss. I am done until this is fixed. It seems the only way to get to that series is to get lucky and win 10 games in a row.

DoubleWinning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Its working at intended. Especially when you're in Div 1(about to promote to next tier), the system has to take extra precautions to make sure you're not on a lucky streak(which is sounds like you were) because once you're Gold, you can't ever drop back.

Your MMR is lower than Gold right now, however if you keep playing and keeping a good win ratio, it'll even out and you'll hit Gold. Its meant to be harder to get to the promotion series, because once you climb that plateau you can't fall down.

Hope this helped!

Gergitator

02-13-2013

onec u hit your series u wont be kicked out of it untill the 3 games or 2 losses, so if u loose game 1 and loose 18 lp u will still be in your series

Afrothunder1987

02-14-2013

If my MMR is lower than gold why was I gaining more LP for a win and losing less LP for a loss UNTILL i hit around 90 LP? I saw a developer post explaining that it ISN'T working like they wanted it to on Reddit but I don't know what happened to it.

Edit: Found the post: http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/boar....php?p=5063719

Is there any update on this? Regardless of whether or not the system is now working AS INTENDED (and i have a hard time believing it is) you guys have to realize how off-putting the current system is.

If I didn't spend hours researching it to figure out what was going on I seriously would have just stopped playing entirely.