Riot not providing any rapport with the community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B1sh0mAn

02-13-2013

Good day. I come a long way, to be more precise - EUW. I have been playing nearly a year now, not a high elo player, but I like the game and play it for fun. To some extent though...

For the time I have played, I have noticed a thing that kind of boggles me, and not just me. At first I did not bother that much, you know, they are busy and it just takes time. But it really got to me just recently. I know that might be offensive and stuff, but just read it till the end before deleting this thread [which I would not be quite surprised of].

The thing is RIOT community is just rubbish, not the League of Legends community (a.k.a. player) (they are too, a lot of them - trolls etc, do not know how on the NA servers, but it is the case on EUW and EUNA), but the actual RIOT staff - employees, and that kind. What they did? Well, that is the thing - NOTHING. Frankly speaking, I have no idea how the things are here, on NA servers, but apparently it is the only place they manage to show at, so writing this very frustrating and not very pleasant post is a desperate attempt to get things moving...

I made a little research of mine. I looked at nearly all so called 'red posts' on the EUW forums. And the results are as follows. During almost 3 past months (a quarter of a year(!)) there were about 4 red posts regarding public beta environment, one was a real response saying that a bug should have been fixed by that time, where the rest were just general announcements; some service statuses (by some I really mean some - like 5-10 over mentioned period, could not properly track them, as they apparently get deleted/archivated so they become of non-public use) and all the rest red posts are just LoL announcements, as those that you and me see in the launcher screen before the login, moreover, they just get copied from NA forums to EUW and EUNA.

To sum up, the RIOT employees do not bother looking/writing/interacting with the players community outside of NA as it seems. There are repetitive actual bugs presented over the forums, a lot of inquiries, suggestions etc, but there is NO acknowledgement from RIOT, nor any bug fixes.

I may understand that your policy might be 'let's get most money possible by doing least', or 'if there is something major, NA community will tell us, which will be enough'; however, the real question is whether you [RIOT community/employees] are going to bother about us, non-NA community, and if not, is it possible to publicly admit that you are not going to pay any attention to some kind of players that do not tend to use NA servers to play the game?

Sincerely,
Frustrated representative of EUW player community

P.S. The most frustrating is not just that the game contains so many bugs making it unpleasant to play, but also the constantly crashing servers, where you get disconnected from the game for no reason without ability to connect back (and get reports for some people that cannot properly maintain their servers). Moreover, there were some redposters from NA on 20 Nov, 2012 that said that they "will be spending more of my time on EUNE and EUW", yet the post on the date were merely the last posts seen from them.

For those who TL/DR. Problem: no intervention from RIOT to EUW and EUNA player community. Question: if this situation will be ever improved or will be continued to ignore?

B1sh0mAn

02-14-2013

It would be a lie to say that this is just my personal opinion, but no, it is not:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?t=1052060
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?t=1052069
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?t=1052039

And there are more posts like this.

Some response from RIOT to this thread would be appreciated...

B1sh0mAn

02-14-2013

bump

DeIceBerg

02-14-2013

There not a big enough amount of players to really affect them to do anything. Such a large amount players just play this for fun, when they get home from school, work that bugs don't really bother them when people that try to be more competitive it does bother. I could tell you hundreds of bugs that affect my game play, but that doesn't mean they are gonna fix it. Just my opinion.

B1sh0mAn

02-14-2013

The thing is that the bugs really have a bad game experience from bugs. But the bugs are bugs. Problems arise when you get disconnected during a ranked game without any warning and without a possibility to connect back. Loosing LP, getting reported and banned is not vet fun. At the same time Riot does not bother saying a thing about their server crash, nor fix it... Just a fact

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-14-2013

Hi Bishoman,

The EU forums are a bit trickier than the NA pieces here for a number of reasons. There are a significant number of languages to work with in EU and it's on a time frame that's very different from the content staff based primarily in California.

These aren't insurmountable problems, which is why you do see some Riot staff able to post in EU, but it's certainly an issue that's been brought up in the past.

For bugs, the positive thing is, the client is basically the same as the one in NA, so any bugs you see are also getting reported here. And any fixes go out for both NA and EU. We also have a pretty large and dedicated team of Wrenchmen on the EU servers. If you have an issue you need some addition help with, you can always try posting in the Help and Support forums for your region.

Additionally, if you ever have an issue that you want Riot Support to help you with, you can submit a ticket at any time, and from any region, to Riot Staff here, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/a...s_requests/new

B1sh0mAn

02-14-2013

Thank you for your reply, kind sir.

From the said by you, I can deduce that there is not going to be any much improvement regarding reply to the bug issues on EU forums. Not to offend you, but a reply from Riot employees themselves would be indeed very much appreciated.

In addition, it would be good to know what is the status on EUW game servers - a bug (more to say, a huge maintenance problem) specific to EU servers and not NA.

Regards

B1sh0mAn

02-15-2013

bumpidybump

B1sh0mAn

02-15-2013

bump