Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
See, this. This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. You're so offended by the idea of femininity and just the very concept of being female you're completely incapable of not separating the concepts in your head. It's like there's no part of you whatsoever that can reconcile with the idea of a feminine woman still managing to be strong, badass, etc.

I can't wrap my head around this because every non-female related post you make comes off as extremely thoughtful, intelligent, and so on, and yet you somehow have this idea that comes out in every single champion you make
Why are you so offended by females with a lack of femininity?

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insectomancer View Post
I thought she would be a bit more unique. Just looks a bit like Swain and Vayne, with some Amethyst Ashe thrown in. Im sure i'll grow to like it and get used to it but it isnt terribly impressive as of yet.

EDIT:

I'm not sure what's up with all of the displaced rage here, to be clear THIS IS NOT A HATE THREAD. And yeah, she does actually look a bit like those champs. Her armor has the same feather accents that resemble swain and Justicar Syndra, you can't deny that. They're by no means the same champions, but certain design choices have obviously carried over.

EDIT: Maybe some explanation for the downvotes? I don't think im being unreasonable..

EDIT: Holy ****, i leave to get some McDonalds (which is gross btw) and i come back and IronStylus wrote a novel in my thread ;u;

and after reading some of his thoughts, i realize more and more that the design is a really good one, i just think that maybe it should have been a release skin. I'm looking forward to seeing her run cycle and silhouette.

EDIT: Okay...60 downvotes for me thinking a design was "meh" at worst, and then the whole thread is people complaining about the design, and they get upvotes? I'll never understand GD.
I think her kit will make up for her design. I was personally hoping she'd wield a long bow seeing as how there's already Twitch and Vayne with obvious crossbows.

I still think that Valor will be far more impressive than Swain's bird. Like I bet Valor will literally be able to scout areas and possibly have her own movement

SplendidSorrow

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
See, this. This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. You're so offended by the idea of femininity and just the very concept of being female you're completely incapable of not separating the concepts in your head. It's like there's no part of you whatsoever that can reconcile with the idea of a feminine woman still managing to be strong, badass, etc.
I'm not sure you understand anything Iron Stylus said.

He's not one to draw the overly seductive type of female character.

Quinn's concept is one of "I'm a ranger who happens to be a woman"...and so he drew a ranger who happens to be a woman with his own personal flare.

How do you get that hes offended by the idea of femininity? Especially when you look at the face, the lines there, the lines of her body in the concept art....I mean really? Thats your take away?

I have no idea where yo u could possibly get that idea at all. It doesn't make sense...at all.

Chilly5

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeykris View Post
Didn't you read the journal entries? Quinn isn't Leona, she's Forest-Batman.
I read the entries.
I am referring directly to the comment Ironstylus made.

I'll clarify in my post.

But I stand by the fact that I don't think Quinn appears to have a defined character trope.

Wargasmic

02-13-2013

My simple response to this thread is that Riot can't release every champion for every single person to enjoy. Obviously, you're not going to like some of them. If you don't like a champion, accept it and wait for the next one. A ton of people, including myself, are very pleased with Quinn. Especially since I didn't care for Thresh or Vi, I'm quite excited.

Zerglinator

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisottoNero View Post
That's cool and all. What else? Mordekaiser is actually a stealth assasin and Annie is a supposed to be a heavy knight.
In a world of magic, I would totally believe it.

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
In a world of magic, I would totally believe it.
Doesn't mean you should do it.

That's why you see so many ******* at low level trying to tank with Mordekaiser because that's what he looks like and not a ****ing mage.

SaireiNoHebii

02-13-2013

Personally i think she looks pretty interesting and cool, gotta see hows her gameplay. Although i would loved an male adc hehe, too many female adcs

Hellioning

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
That is like exactly what Leona is to me. She is a pretty lady who kicks asses and takes names (and calls down mighty sun flares).
Time for a controversial opinion! No, she's REALLY not. Leona is a pretty lady who helps OTHER PEOPLE do that. It's not even that she's traditionally played as a support; it's that her passive is useless to her. She helps her team kick ass, and doesn't do much for herself. Apart from her w stealing the occasional kill or five. And that's fine. It's just not what most people would expect when they hear that; I'd say 'pretty lady who kicks ass' qualifies Fiora more. Slightly more on topic: I wasn't going to buy Quinn because I dislike playing adc. At this point, I saw what she looked like. I'm not getting her first week but when she's 6300 I'm buying her immediately because she's an intelligently dressed female and I need to support the parrot's decision to make those.

Yaddar

02-13-2013

as I said, I like her design I have nothing against her design (perhaps a bit too much plate on her legs, but O.K.) I do like her.

it's the colour choices, too much blue for a ranger (green is not just a fashion choice, it's cammo, it's practical), too much metallic bright colours for an ambusher/forest girl. Bright metals give away your position during ambushes. (that's why the gauls used to darken their swords with fire during night -or even daylight - attacks)

same design with another colour palette, could help her make her more Forest-y, the problem right now I think is the fact she does not look like a ranger but rather looks like an army girl. (a light infantry/reccon if you want, but still very VERY army-like)

She is supposed to feel at home in the forest and uneasy at the city, her clothes should reflect that, yes, they have utility (except for the bright mettalic) but they seem not to be confortable enough for a forest-dweller.

again that's the impression the colour-palette gives, too much blue, too much metallic.

as I understand, she is supposed to be a ranger first, a soldier second. (she even questions garen "by the book" attitude)