Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Attilian

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisottoNero View Post
She doesn't even look badass for godsake. She looks like something you would find in a circus. Why even bother with armor if you're going to fail so much. Armor is great when it's done right. He just overdid with retarded details.

I humbly disagree. She fits her theme and is unique. Good job ironstylus.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magi Homura

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoripan View Post

Now what we need now is a timid/shy girl...
With glasses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chibodee Crocket

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
I keep hearing this but I've never seen her. Pics?
Here you go, meet the face of Leona and the bodyshape of Leona, Diana and Quinn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ecclesias

Senior Member

02-13-2013

i think that the helmet is a biiiit too much (how does she put up that hood with that helmet? ) but I like it nothenless

the talk about Syndra/Elise/Zyra designer was kinda shady though. I could see him/her getting offended


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detahmaio

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
People lack the ability to read and actually understand what is being said.
It's a sad part of the LoL community.
For the 2 jackasses it was an example of females that can have gear for field work and still look like a female. I'm not saying this is what she should look like as a ELITE TRACKER


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melancholy Exile

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeykris View Post
Ok, I dont get this whole thread.

Example: I don't like Thresh. He doesn't appeal to me at all. But just because I don't like it, doesn't mean EVERYONE doesn't like it.

The difference is that I don't expect every single champion to be for ME personally. Don't like it? Wait for the next one!

I don't want to play Thresh, or Janna, or Urgot, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist. Variety is good. Options are good. There should be sexy monster ladies, seductive sirens, plate-wearing red headed bullies, AND androgynous assassins.

For you people who want a sexy female champ... you have a big pile of them to choose from. It's not like you're sitting here going "where all the sexy ladies at?!?". Have a look around.

IronStylus, thanks for speaking up, anyway.
There's a big difference between "This champion doesn't appeal to me" and "This champion concept appeals to me, but I don't like the design because ... ".

The argument that Quinn needs to be more sexualised, or even more feminine, is almost exclusively being used as a strawman point by those who want to defend this design. Almost everyone who has taken some sort of issue with Quinn's aesthetics has had some other reason, rather than wanting more *** appeal, and it's a little ridiculous that so many people assume that all the complaints here are over a lack of T n' A.

These people aren't complaining that Quinn exists, they're disappointed that Quinn is something other than what they hoped she would be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S9n9rgY

Senior Member

02-13-2013

=/ the rangers of the north are men... trying to make Strider a woman, you've gone too far Mr. Ironstylus!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosBloodterfly

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detahmaio View Post
Fully clothed females with gear for field work and they actually look like females.
And so does Legolas.

Also, the first one. Those buckles. WHY?! Looks like a freshman designer's seizure. (Granted Riot sometimes does this too *cough* Brand *cough*) And why the **** is there no armor in the entire upper chest area? That's like one of the most vital and easily targeted areas.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adultratedhydra View Post
"If you want a traditional archer, with a traditional fantasy get-up, with a traditional build, and a traditional design where female form expression trumps practically fighting the fight, I am not your guy, and I'm glad to admit that. That's my strength, that why I work on what I work on."

Reading.
Except she's not "practically fighting the fight" either. She's wearing a hot, heavy helmet that would get sweat in her eyes and make it difficult to track anything at all. She's got a hood that can't be worn because of said helmet. She's got armor ALL OVER THE PLACE that certainly does not contribute to ease of movement while simultaneously being painted blue, making her stick out like a sore thumb.

If you want to be unique and do something different from the norm, awesome. But this is just stupid and it doesn't fit a single thing that we've been told about the character so far.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Attilian

Senior Member

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesias View Post
i think that the helmet is a biiiit too much (how does she put up that hood with that helmet? ) but I like it nothenless

the talk about Syndra/Elise/Zyra designer was kinda shady though. I could see him/her getting offended

Not really. When we are speaking of art styles, hypersexualized is a perfectly good way of describing them. He meant not disrespect. It's just a term that people can identify with those champs.