How much experience before ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzma

02-14-2013

thanks for the feedback

YoungGoN4v5

02-14-2013

The sooner the better man. You can't be afraid of it, you need to find what you play at and how to improve from there. You can't do that without some empirical testing.

Stephenjd1

02-14-2013

Don't be the guy who calls ADC, but is last pick so has to play something else then goes on and says "I cant play anything but ADC"... Do not play ranked till your comfortable in at least 3 different roles.

Have multiple champions so you can pick and choose based on what your team needs, ie. bruiser or tank.

Be proficient at CS, be able to get most last hits on minions in your lane.

Have a very good concept of positioning if your a really squishy champion and especially if your a carry, do not stay in front of the formation where you can easily be picked off by like a voli/skarner/singed.

Understand that if your not a carry you need to protect your carries especially your ADC

If your someone like Taric, Leona or even Voli, try to give kills to your carries, the gold will go further on them then Tanks and Supports

The Doss Boss

02-14-2013

I just started ranked this season and I have about 300 wins 5 rune pages. I have a few champs for each position but I am not very comfortable with support role. I am working on that in some normal games. I am pretty new to the game been playing since late spring last year and I am in Bronze league, but I am always trying to improve my game, watching streams and reading articles on champs I like. I know I am not the best but I am trying and that is really all I can do right. I am trying to improve and as I play more ranked and get more experience I will get better and climb the ranks.

Best of luck!

Bunnymo chan

02-14-2013

you need to play enough to have knowledge of all the most commonly played champs, and master at least 3-6 champs so you know if you can win trades.

xSeCKSx

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
5 runepages.
at least 3 champions for every role
play each role comfortably.

fill in what your team needs, ignore jerks immediately, always be nice.

Recipe for Gold and beyond.
This is solid advice.

You need to adapt to your team, you can't assume you'll get one of two roles in any game, regardless of if its your best.

As far as norm draft/rank goes - I main adc but will spend more time filling other roles anyway. Forcing someone into a role they know nothing about can easily get a team into trouble early.

Romantic Metro

02-14-2013

Well if you are looking for suggestions. Feel comfortable with all roles and have at least two champs each that you think could play comfortably enough in each role. That being said play somewhere around 300 to 400 games win or lose to find a couple champs you enjoy and can carry with possibly. That will take you a long ways my friend. Speaking of it's also nice to make some friends online so you can duo or 5v5 with some in ranked. Granted I got talked into playing 2 ranked games so far and have been lucky and had the pleasure of playing with some nice people. Which helped with me and them winning those games.

ROKAF JE

02-14-2013

Ryzma, I have to say, you couldn't have asked this in a better format at all.
You've been nothing but polite and have a great desire to learn - I wish more of the community were like you, and I wish I could stick a gold star on your forum badge.

Bakery

02-14-2013

Seems a little hard remembering 20 champion build :P

Mister Simple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzma View Post
I have recently reached level 30 and was wondering how much experience you should have before starting ranked.
I only have 136 wins but I have played a lot of draft in there and also am constantly watching streams and pro matches.
I was wondering if everyone else thinks that is enough experience to start playing ranked or if I should stay playing draft more?

thanks
I think you should learn how to play 2-3 different roles, have at least 3-5 rune pages, and 400 normal game wins. As for normal/draft, I don't think it matters but draft may help a bit more since you won't ever have to fight your mirror and can prepare for countering but playing in general will help you get better and learn new things. ^^ Plus, find characters you're comfortable with and people to duo with of equal skill level.