How much experience before ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzma

02-13-2013

I have recently reached level 30 and was wondering how much experience you should have before starting ranked.
I only have 136 wins but I have played a lot of draft in there and also am constantly watching streams and pro matches.
I was wondering if everyone else thinks that is enough experience to start playing ranked or if I should stay playing draft more?

thanks

ryguytim

02-13-2013

I would make sure you have full rune pages and would suggest a duo que partner that you can trust especially if you are support and friend adc or other way flipped around. Also if you or your partner are junglers would be very helpful. My last suggestion would be to maybe talk to your team mates and tell them please not to rage and not to afk. When I enter a que i always post this: 2 rules: do not rage and do not afk

ROKAF JE

02-13-2013

5 runepages.
at least 3 champions for every role
play each role comfortably.

fill in what your team needs, ignore jerks immediately, always be nice.

Recipe for Gold and beyond.

Corner Warrior

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
5 runepages.

Listen to this guy and you will go far

A Fail Tale

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
5 runepages.

5 rune pages? Lol you cray cray just 2 and whenver you feel like getting better. Ranked is practic helps you get a lot better I'm plat 4th div so losten if you want

Proxy Singed

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Warrior View Post
Listen to this guy and you will go far
Agreed.

Ryzma

02-13-2013

thanks guys

ROKAF JE

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiinKz View Post
5 rune pages? Lol you cray cray just 2 and whenver you feel like getting better. Ranked is practic helps you get a lot better I'm plat 4th div so losten if you want
This is just what worked for me, and what I prefer. I'm just passing on knowledge based on experience.
My friend wouldn't touch ranked until 15 rune pages, and he only plays Jax (Platinum)

Practicing in ranked is a surefire way to become very frustrated or have your team frustrated with you, either way it does not end well.

For example, I'd like to play Zed in ranked. I've played him for 35 games straight, in every position (including support and ad carry - victory every time I've done it), and now every game I am doing from average to carrying hard with him.
I have a few mastery pages and 2 rune pages for him alone.
Now I feel comfortable playing ranked with him, and I am confident my team will love me.

Tl;dr customization, attitude and adaptability is important, normals practice makes perfect.

Eloquid

02-13-2013

At least 500 wins in normal, otherwise you'll only frustrate yourself and the others. Seriously. Have fun in normals, you won't believe how more you'll know even at 200 wins than you do now. 5 rune pages are bare minimum, you need one for every role in this game, preferably separate one for every champ you gonna play, so 10 are more realistic.

thegoat21

02-14-2013

be able to play all 5 roles at a good level and stick to a small champion pool easier to practice and get your mechanics better it took me a while to do that i had about 67-70 champions in my pool i took it down to 30-40 and now im seeing a big change in win %