Garen the unstopable spinning tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VitaminBeer

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drisky View Post
Recently i have noticed more of Garen in solo queue. I realized i lose 90% of games against him and thought why do i lose so much to him. For one he has one of the best laneing phases considering is passive health regen, no mana cost on abilities which gives him free harrass and unlimited sustain. So he sits safely in lane to end up buying a black cleaver then a bunch of tank items. He now is a tank with too much damage. Look at his kit. Q: a silence with movement speed and a debuff remover and bonus damage that can crit. four awesome things built in one move. W: passive resistances, then takes practically no damage when active. E: spins for tons of damage. R: practically a non-true damage version of darius' ult. The combination of his ability to ignore crowd control, to get to you carries, survive forever in fights, deal TONS OF DAMAGE, and have an easy laneing phase to do what you please with it. There are some champs that can do well against garen in lane but in the end garen will get too tanky to deal with. Personally i feel his W needs a slight adjustment so he isn't so tanky throught the whole game. His Q does too many things for a single move. His passive needs a slight adjustment as well considering his ridiculous regen. Any other thoughts/opinion on this topic?
Caw caw m fer
sr spin to win !!!

Ansate

02-14-2013

TBH, Garen is a bit tougher to counter IMO than others I've played against. Really, the way to beat him is to keep his passive off and just burst him down. Forcing him to go back and lose exp/gold is the start. Killing him is always a plus. If the lane is just stalemated, outfarm him. He gets no kills/advantage, he won't do much later on outside of execute someone.

TheHawtPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

jax says hi

Drisky

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToozieMoMurderer View Post
Oh god another game where someone fed a garen with some stupid champ that shouldnt be laning against him comes to cry for a nerf. Guess what nerf him and he will be worthless, his late game is trash unless FED.

I do not agree with the OP or anyone coming to cry for nerfs to garen, but i understand your pain because i dismantle people all the time with him and im sure they are butt hurt to the core. What i do know is that i can kick the **** out of any garen anytime. its called Yorick, Jayce, Teemo, GP, Kayle, Nidalee.

L2PLAY
Hey guess what... they nerfed him :3 TY RIOT

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drisky View Post
Hey guess what... they nerfed him :3 TY RIOT
so can you deal with him now?

Evolnemesis

03-05-2013

I think the nerf on him was justified, it just weakened the large boost to armor/mr he gets early game; it really was a bit much combined with his health sustain and lack of mana, making him just a little too immovable in lane considering how well he can also harass.

He shouldn't be hurt too much by it late game (and I don't think he's overpowered late by any means unless he gets very fed), but you should be able to deal with him better now, as I think now his laning and chance to get fed early is more on the level of other tanky top champs.

VVhite Kirby

03-05-2013

Buy Jayce, and never have a Garen problem again.

I garen-tee it.

Novä

03-05-2013

pick phanteon, that garen will hug the tower

Chaz5

03-05-2013

Seeing as Garen was just nerfed and no longer gets ANY armor or magic resistance per level. You can shut up now.

Weealvin

03-05-2013

Garen is fine as of now. He can be easily countered. If you bring exhaust you can easily escape him. Its honestly not all that hard...