Garen the unstopable spinning tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

02-13-2013

Harass him to prevent health regen between waves and burst him when you safely can. He isn't OVERLY difficult to beat.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1nushka View Post
It's just a problem in blind pick I'm sure. Because if you don't know you're fighting Garen, and you send someone foolish to face him, it's pretty likely you're going to get manhandled. Most people don't realize Garen has the ability to carry pretty hard too. So when you feed him 8 kills top, and he finishes getting that tower, that's it for you. The group fights aren't going to go well for you from there. He can drop two people easily in one rotation of skills with just Black Cleaver + Sunfire Cape along with his boots, and even more so if you have an avarice blade on top of that.

The best is when people send an Assassin to fight Garen top. Rofl. I had an Akali come at me one game the other day and it was just like...yeah, you're not going to do anything this game. Congrats. Another guy tried to fight me with Thresh, then started flipping out calling me a noob champ after I crushed him 5x, and killed him and Shaco at the same time during a gank. It's like...top lane is not for experimenting with support champions. If you want to win, you need to pick a Tier 1 Champ you know has an answer to everything with proper play and suits your team setup.
vi isnt toptier but she'll wupp him anyways.
sona could probably lane against him and survive ever so lulziphorically somehow. Wouldnt bet on that one though.

nunu can also do well I imagine. Shen as well. Any champ who is able to stay up there for long periods could.

As for him taking the tower down? I don't much care if he does lol. Giving him the freedom to gank doesnt seem to mean much ever

Vuther

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvo View Post
Lol junior member talkin bout Garen when he probably never even saw sunfire stacking.

StormEagle5000

02-13-2013

He is ridiculous. Lost a game today only because our top fed Garen. Every other lane was fine. I would try Yorick against him because of Yoricks extreme harass to keep his passive off. But other then that he needs to be nerfed like ahri did. Either your tanks or damage and not completely both.

KitStylus

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
well since youve got everything pieced together and arent showing any interest in a counterstatigizing of anykind....
What?!

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1nushka View Post
That's pretty much any top champion with sustain though.
And? What's the problem with having a similar counter-strategy?

Drisky

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
As someone who used to do a bit of Top Garen, I can at least reccomend a counter I found myself unable to deal with.

Try taking Udyr top against him, leveling Turtle Stance, and focusing on Lifesteal/ Armor.

It wont happen instantly, but things get to the point where Turtle + Lifesteal almost out-heals Judgement, and at that point you win any 1v1 with Garen.
Yeah as i mentioned i know there are counters to him, i've beaten garens as Jayce, Gangplank and others, but the problem that i have is that even when he gets a bad lane he really only needs a warmogs to be relevant again.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitStylus View Post
What?!
ಠ_ಠ **** u herd mi

ToozieMoMurderer

02-14-2013

Oh god another game where someone fed a garen with some stupid champ that shouldnt be laning against him comes to cry for a nerf. Guess what nerf him and he will be worthless, his late game is trash unless FED.

I do not agree with the OP or anyone coming to cry for nerfs to garen, but i understand your pain because i dismantle people all the time with him and im sure they are butt hurt to the core. What i do know is that i can kick the **** out of any garen anytime. its called Yorick, Jayce, Teemo, GP, Kayle, Nidalee.

L2PLAY

Peligrad

02-14-2013

Kayle, Yorick, Nid, Jayce, Panth

All 5 really stick it to Garen.

Kayle is by far the absolute hugest screw you to Garen as her kit is perfect for screwing him over.

You can kite him all day, shut down his passive by simply attacking things near him and splashing him.

The trick is to use heal to out run him until he uses Q to catch up, and then as soon as he uses his Q, hit him with yours. He can't even touch you doing that.

Then when he gets low enough to kill him, bait him in and ult yourself when he would want to ult you and kill him from within your ult...