Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pipin

10-27-2010

Its a darker mood than in lol, with darker colours... like diablo. Diablo had some seriously dark areas where it was just ****ty to try target something but it made up for the awesome mood the dark tunnels and jungles gave.

Lol is all cartoonish and bright, while HoN is more dark and "realistic".

Everyone has a different taste. And yes... the HoN trial is very extremely dissapointing. You know why? Because you can only play no stat games where people leave after they get killed once. And because the learning curve is bigger than in LoL and no way you are gonna do decent in the first 10 games.

CondaMagoo

10-27-2010

HoN still has technically better graphics. Shading, dynamic lighting, water effects, etc.
I'm not discussing the art direction.

Garonn

10-27-2010

HoN is a decent game but honestly I enjoy LoL more.

McBeard

10-27-2010

HoN is a fantastic game for what it is, a faithful and interesting DotA port.

I find that a lot of stupid stuff got grandfathered in because "thats just how it was in dota", view distance for example.

LoL is just more fun though, and though I quit LoL for HoN for a month or two (Kennen, Garen, Akali, Malzahar), I came back to LoL because it felt less like a job and I just like it more.

CondaMagoo

10-27-2010

"Kennen, Garen, Akali, Malzahar"

You quit because of Kennen and Akali? I don't understand :S Is it because you didnt like how they kill other champs or something? Why didn't you find other champs annoying too? /confused

Syl3z

10-27-2010

WAY HUGE map, Very dark, lots of bloom, To much Hiking threw a forest, I prefer LOL, thats just imo.

Nine Six One

10-27-2010

The only thing I liked about HoN when I tried it was the Sand Wraith, talk about a awesome character.

Haxxeren

10-27-2010

HoN is more skill based.. sorry but its true.

Razeluxe

10-27-2010

Valiant warriors vs dark disgusting disfigured demons got old when I was 12. I'll stick to my mummies and robots running around thank you very much.

Syl3z

10-27-2010

Quote:
Razeluxe:
Valiant warriors vs dark disgusting disfigured demons got old when I was 12. I'll stick to my mummies and robots running around thank you very much.

Cute way to put it made me giggle +1