Fiora:OP or UP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mythuniend

02-13-2013

I do not own Fiora but I started playing her while she was free and, imo, she is op in most ways but UP in a few.

strengths and weaknesses (Imo)
Strengths:
R) Blade Waltz-does so much damage and un-targetable
Q) Lunge-able to use it twice within a period of 4 seconds with only one mana cost
W)Riposte- if you put a point in it at level 1 your damage is very high. At the higher levels its a strength because it blocks a basic attack and reflects damage to the attacker. almost like Thornmail.

Weaknesses:
E)Burst Of Speed- it doesn't grant movement speed unless you strike an enemy
Passive)Duelist-its strong at low levels but almost un noticeable past level 8

overall I think she is slightly op and in need of a re-vamped passive. I think the base damage on blade waltz could be reduced and on lunge the second cast cost one-fifth of the mana the first cost.

I believe this will help balance fiora a little better but she will still need some more work.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Her Q does no damage
Her W only blocks ONE AA and does magic damage
Her E is subpar to Master Yi's end game
Her R is the only good thing about her kit honestly

Sure, she does a lot of damage, but when you have absolutely NO girth, who cares?

SeiYouSiLa

02-13-2013

Fiora can be so annoying due to the damage she deals, kinda like xin zhao in a way, you can't go glass cannon or you'll just die

Mythuniend

02-13-2013

you all realize that this is all my opinion right? that's why I put (imo)

Grabnork

02-13-2013

The innately idiotic design of Fiora is that she is a purely reactionary melee champion, in the same boat with AD Yi and Udyr. She has zero non-targeted offensive spells and no CC. Her skills rely on enemy positioning and countering what the enemy is doing. She can't build defensive items and do anything useful for her team. Oh, and she is very squishy.

Fiora's Q is literally one of the top 5 weakest moves in the entire game. I consider it to be the equvalent of what Starcall is for Soraka or what two missiles is for Corki. It does absolutely no damage unless Fiora is rocking 300 AD, its a targeted dash that only works on enemies, it has a long cooldown, and is extremely short range, it does not proc on hit effects, the cooldown starts after the second dash, which means if you dash once you basically wasted the spell and the mana cost at early levels is unjustified for such a weak skill. Compare Jax's jump to Fiora's and you'll see which one is vastly superior.

Her W passive is pretty great, free AD helps her immensely. The active however, is a complete joke. It's designed to reflect a small flat amount of damage for accomplishing the very difficult task of activating it before being hit by an autoattack or on-hit projectile. It fails completely at this purpose, as it only reflects one attack, it does not prevent on-hit effects, it has a high mana cost, it works on large minions as well (which actually hurts her laning but helps her jungle), and its bloody hard to prevent an autoattack traveling at 2000 speed except from a melee. It also has a pretty large cooldown and is only active for 1.5 seconds. Compare it to Pantheon's passive which can be activated TWICE for complete damage prevention of two autoattacks, or Jax's E which lasts twice as long, blocks all attacks and reduces AOE damage, and is also an AOE stun. Did I mention it does nothing unless you are being focused?

Her E is pretty much the only part of her kit that makes her a "duelist". It's power lies in prolonged 1v1 autoattack fights which rarely happen. Having no CC, this spell can be negated by simply walking away. Its also a conditional movement speed buff that relies on autoattacks or Qs, which means if you're being chased you are going to die unless there are enemy minions in front of you. What's up with the stacking movement speed anyway? It will only actually work if she's chasing someone slower than her, or if she has a Frozen Mallet, in which case she doesn't need the movement speed...

And her ult, the only part of her kit that people single out and claim is OP. Its a COMPLETELY RANDOM UNCONTROLLABLE TETHER THAT DEALS LESS DAMAGE PER CONSECUTIVE ATTACK. She becomes untargetable for the duration of the ult, but can still die in it. It can be negated by walking into a bush, stealthing or becoming untargetable yourself. Walking or flashing into your team to spread the damage, walking into a tower, or using an AOE spell usually results in Fiora being killed during or immediately after her ult. Or you could just press W as Jax or E as Elise.

There are more counters to Fiora than there are to Heimerdinger. Learn them and stop losing to Fioras.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-13-2013

fioras greatest weakness is that nobody seems to acknowledge her as an ADC. Today I had a game where a darius and I think a nidalee were next to an out of position lux. I ping ez whos trying to poke someone and i lunge him. He flashes away and I lunge him again. So he's running away with no chance of survival and gets butt****ed mercilessly and dies then nid comes to couger fiora but fiora shoves her sword into the kitty and I ult as darius begins his ult channel. As I ult I see my team hasn't arrived and I look at the map seeing them hesitating to help me because obviously im just some suicidal noob on proving grounds 5v5 playing fiora... I get darius and nid low and they finally decide to join in as I get ulted and die. This all occured over a span of at least 4-8 seconds. Plenty of time to react to your adc being in some form of danger.

When the enemies ezreal was in danger they immediately ganged up on me without hesitation and probably saved 2 lives

Mythuniend

02-13-2013

I said I play fiora. I never complained about losing to them lol

GiottoXIII

02-13-2013

fiora kit is surprisingly underwhelming she's a niche champion and even then her kit leaves a lot to be desired... I play her as an ad mid assassin kinda similarly to how ppl play talon / kha'zix/ zed mids... the inherent problem with every melee carry though is that they need gap closers and durability that bruisers have but because of their AA design... they can't or else they'd become horrendously overpowered.... such is the life of a melee adc

TerminatusOmega

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabnork View Post
The innately idiotic design of Fiora is that she is a purely reactionary melee champion, in the same boat with AD Yi and Udyr. She has zero non-targeted offensive spells and no CC. Her skills rely on enemy positioning and countering what the enemy is doing. She can't build defensive items and do anything useful for her team. Oh, and she is very squishy.

Fiora's Q is literally one of the top 5 weakest moves in the entire game. I consider it to be the equvalent of what Starcall is for Soraka or what two missiles is for Corki. It does absolutely no damage unless Fiora is rocking 300 AD, its a targeted dash that only works on enemies, it has a long cooldown, and is extremely short range, it does not proc on hit effects, the cooldown starts after the second dash, which means if you dash once you basically wasted the spell and the mana cost at early levels is unjustified for such a weak skill. Compare Jax's jump to Fiora's and you'll see which one is vastly superior.

Her W passive is pretty great, free AD helps her immensely. The active however, is a complete joke. It's designed to reflect a small flat amount of damage for accomplishing the very difficult task of activating it before being hit by an autoattack or on-hit projectile. It fails completely at this purpose, as it only reflects one attack, it does not prevent on-hit effects, it has a high mana cost, it works on large minions as well (which actually hurts her laning but helps her jungle), and its bloody hard to prevent an autoattack traveling at 2000 speed except from a melee. It also has a pretty large cooldown and is only active for 1.5 seconds. Compare it to Pantheon's passive which can be activated TWICE for complete damage prevention of two autoattacks, or Jax's E which lasts twice as long, blocks all attacks and reduces AOE damage, and is also an AOE stun. Did I mention it does nothing unless you are being focused?

Her E is pretty much the only part of her kit that makes her a "duelist". It's power lies in prolonged 1v1 autoattack fights which rarely happen. Having no CC, this spell can be negated by simply walking away. Its also a conditional movement speed buff that relies on autoattacks or Qs, which means if you're being chased you are going to die unless there are enemy minions in front of you. What's up with the stacking movement speed anyway? It will only actually work if she's chasing someone slower than her, or if she has a Frozen Mallet, in which case she doesn't need the movement speed...

And her ult, the only part of her kit that people single out and claim is OP. Its a COMPLETELY RANDOM UNCONTROLLABLE TETHER THAT DEALS LESS DAMAGE PER CONSECUTIVE ATTACK. She becomes untargetable for the duration of the ult, but can still die in it. It can be negated by walking into a bush, stealthing or becoming untargetable yourself. Walking or flashing into your team to spread the damage, walking into a tower, or using an AOE spell usually results in Fiora being killed during or immediately after her ult. Or you could just press W as Jax or E as Elise.

There are more counters to Fiora than there are to Heimerdinger. Learn them and stop losing to Fioras.

Very well put sir. Against the current HP stacking meta, she can barely dish out enough damage of her own. She is great against enemy carries and other squishies but when it comes down to a typical warmog brusier- she ends up losing the fight on even grounds.

Ssraeshza Tvyl

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Her R is the only good thing about her kit honestly