Strengths of weakness of this comp questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ESG Yknits

02-13-2013

So I have been running Rumble Xin Ezreal in 3v3 a lot lately and trying to figure out the weaknesses of a comp like that. what to ban against it and what sort of comps it excels against and what comps it is weak against.

Morrocker

02-13-2013

Seems to me you lack some hard CC to stop a team with lots of gap closers from breaking ez. Also you're not detailing who goes where at start.

ESG Yknits

02-13-2013

oh sorry xin jungle rumble bot ez top

Demacry

02-13-2013

Morro hit it on the head. Your biggest weakness is xin is your only hard cc, though between rumble and an ez with iceborn you do have a ton of slowing poke. Off the top of my head Vi, Singedand Vlad could probably give you the hardest time. Anyone with a ranged stun (syndra or mumu) or a sneaky gap closer (wu or kass) could probably give your comp some real headaches.

You could probably use Elise interchangeably with rumble and trade out xin for rammus or Jax based on your needs.

ESG Yknits

02-13-2013

yeah vi has been a little rough to deal with amumu wasnt as bad as i thought it would be because although he can ult rumble can use that to force a fight in ult. If we were to alter our comp one champion example they pick a champ then we pick xin rumble then they pick 2 would any bruiser do for our third pick or is there something in paticular that would work well against something like wukong/amumu?

We generally try and use our poke from rumble harpoon and ez q to our advantage and while having xin frontline and if they force an engage on xin zhao it gives ezreal and rumble enough time to set up ult combos. I am still pretty new at 3v3 and this has just been the comp we have been testing out so far and it has had good results but i could see something like wukong give us trouble because of his ability to get on ez

We always ban singed because of his ability to damage rumble and xin while pushing ezreal out of the fight/killing ezreal..

ESG Yknits

02-13-2013

The basis of the comp is we wanted a comp that can poke pretty easily ezreal/rumble to lesser extent
We didn't want to sacrifice teamfighting power Rumble(very high aoe capabilities and a slow) Xin(good duelist cc initiation and can go very tanky) and ezreal(probably our weakest teamfighter but can kite although not against some things you mentioned like singed wukong and to a lesser extent amumu)
we often run 2 exhausts to try and keep ezreal safe in fights. until we have killed one rumble and ezreal taking exhaust.

Demacry

02-13-2013

With the comp youve been practicing (asuming ez is going standard Q -> E -> W lvling) rumble is probably your weakest link if he gets caught out of position. Aside from a champ like kass or wu there arnt any champs that "hard counter" ez or cant be overcome with good control in a 1v1 scenario; so in champ select I would actually start Xin and Ez (theyre both very safe picks with plenty of utility) and I would save the 3rd pick till you saw their team. If you guys have first pick I would actually start by picking Ez, this should encourage them to grab champions with gap closers and who are strong in close quarters combat; if they fall for this bait then your last two picks are easy to curtail to countering theirs.

Typically I prefer saving the ap pick for last since ap's tend to have the widest variety in terms of kits and utility and should generally be chosen based on the need at hand. If you grab someone like Lux you could actually save the ban you normally use on singed though he is still a pretty safe ban.

ESG Yknits

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacry View Post
With the comp youve been practicing (asuming ez is going standard Q -> E -> W lvling) rumble is probably your weakest link if he gets caught out of position. Aside from a champ like kass or wu there arnt any champs that "hard counter" ez or cant be overcome with good control in a 1v1 scenario; so in champ select I would actually start Xin and Ez (theyre both very safe picks with plenty of utility) and I would save the 3rd pick till you saw their team. If you guys have first pick I would actually start by picking Ez, this should encourage them to grab champions with gap closers and who are strong in close quarters combat; if they fall for this bait then your last two picks are easy to curtail to countering theirs.

Typically I prefer saving the ap pick for last since ap's tend to have the widest variety in terms of kits and utility and should generally be chosen based on the need at hand. If you grab someone like Lux you could actually save the ban you normally use on singed though he is still a pretty safe ban.
we normally use our singed ban third because teams often ban him anyway at least at our current elo on 5 games in this season also that makes me sad to hear because i normally play support outside of 3v3s rumble is the only ap im good at atm
In champ select we try and grab xin first because him and rumble are both high tier but rumble does not seem to be popular in any map(I have no clue why) Also thank you for the advice I may have to try and learn a couple more aps for threes then.

Demacry

02-13-2013

Yours is a very strong comp with a lot of potential at all lvls of the game, but it never hurts to have a couple of trade offs ready in mind.

ESG Yknits

02-13-2013

yeah i just remember doing this comp in season 2 for victorious janna and then decided since xin is getting played more now and blackfire torch exists to see if this comp was still good or not. and yeah going to look for a couple more options.