Let us choose our role before queueing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fun Days

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMcLaughton View Post
Quit dodging when there is a troll. Go all out, and report the troll. The game is about having fun, not winning anyway.
I dont know about you, but when there is a troll in my game that acts out in an unhelpful way, even if just for a few minutes, it makes the game not fun. If "having fun" is what the game is about, then something needs to be done against the trolls.

Minandreas

02-19-2013

Blizzard also has a problem with que times because of that system. If they did something like this, I can guarantee you would see the wait for a game to start shoot up drastically while everyone is waiting for people to CHOOSE support =/

Fun Days

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMenz View Post
The biggest problem I see with this is what happens when the meta changes?

Look at the rise of AD mids and even AP yi builds, which only months ago would be troll picks.

Current example, my friend and I will often play a adc GP and support Fiddles bottom in ranked. We have won 3/3 games with this strategy in ranked (doing well, not just being carried along), and more in normal queue. The problem is that we are constantly called trolls and people have on occasion dodged or not communicated in pregame chat because of it.

This system essentially attempts to lock in the current meta game, making counter picks and non-normal picks seem like trolling.
I hear where you are coming from, but its these types of things (GP/Fidd bot) that help change the meta. From my personal experience, when I pick something out of the meta, I just explain that the combo works well, and to trust me. And that usually helps solve team issues, as for the system locking in the meta, I think that selecting the lane you are comfortable with really doesn't limit you to which champ you take there. You could queue with "Mid" selected and take someone completely out of the meta there, such as Riven or whoever.

Icelanis

02-19-2013

Why not just break it down to position:

[ ] Top Lane
[ ] Middle Lane
[ ] Bottom Lane
[ ] Jungle
[ ] Any Position

The Match Maker in this system would try to make teams that have a reasonable composition. Now, obviously the system would have to prioritize the 3 lanes, as that's the games foundation, and players will still have to do a little bit of a shuffle, but it will make things a bit more organized. This will make room for an ever changing meta, and still get the job done of reducing confusion.

Shelaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMcLaughton View Post
Quit dodging when there is a troll. Go all out, and report the troll. The game is about having fun, not winning anyway.

State clearly and objectively, in team chat, what happpened in character select... ask other players to verify. Example:

(me): Tribunal: Player A continued to spam "Top or Feed" in champ select, despite the fact that he was last pick. Will other players in game please verify?

Your problem will be solved, and your troll will not act up. The understand that you have every intention of reporting them, without you saying it directly. You have forced them to decide.... act an idiot and get reported by my entire team (since now they have evidence), or straiten up and work hard.

I have only had this fail once....That doesn't mean I won every game where i was forced into this... but the "troll" atleast had his "try hard" pants on.
Id rather wait the time, watch a few youtube videos until a games found. Then be stuck with a random troll especially in a ranked game.
(normal i wouldn't mind much.)
But yes there is the problem of the troll picking all spots then going for another one lane.
But as some one stated before, the 4/5 vote kick is possibly the best solution to this.

If the troll is in a team, then of course there duo partners vote wouldn't count since they would naturally vote no to the kick. Just my suggestion.

Great Pyrenees

02-20-2013

This is the best idea ever and I would like to add.

Allow us to choose the Role and the Champion we intend to play.
You can then match people based on their role and their willingness to play with X champion.
For example lots of people complain about Teemo or Talon. You could take that issue right out of the game.
You could even add (AP bot, Kill lane Bot, Kill lane Top and double jungle options). This would save a lot of headace!

Great Pyrenees

02-20-2013

[QUOTE=Icelanis;34840010]Why not just break it down to position:

[ ] Top Lane
[ ] Kill lane top (no jungle 2 top)
[ ] Middle Lane
[ ] Support any lane (prolly bot)
[ ] Jungle
[ ] Double jungler
[ ] Kill lane bot (instead of support bot)
[ ] ADC or APC bot
[ ] Any Position

a slight edit on your great idea.

Inishi

02-21-2013

This actually encourages boring meta playstyle. No originality, more difficulty in countering.

Weyen

02-21-2013

The game already encourages the meta, though. Looking through things like champion roles or recommended items, you already see what certain champions are "supposed" to do.

Nobody's saying you can't do some weird all AD support comp or something in your premade 5-man, but I don't really want to have to deal with it in solo queue. I want my solo queue to be the ordinary, boring meta. I want to know that I'll have a support and an ADC and not AP Teemo/Twitch doing double jungle because "trust me guys, this works, I saw a stream of it".

nightttime

02-28-2013

An easy? solution to role selection:

Introduce more support champions instead of ADC type like the new Quinn and Valor. Make the new support champions fun to play. AKA "Blitzcrank days".... Thresh was a decent attempt, but his cool downs are way too high in my opinion for him to be that fun to play. My suggestion on Thresh is apply noticeably reduced cool downs on the Dark Passage (lantern on W) for a 25% reduction and Flay (on E) on a 3.5 second cool down. That way thresh would actually be an encouraging champion to play with out having to rune and build items on him that negate his usefulness.

In short, please START introducing better support champions and/or patch some of the underplayed support champions so everyday/nights/weekends players would actually feel excited to play them.

Then maybe the draft and normal ques wouldn't feel so hostile because the hated role could turn around into a liked role.