Let us choose our role before queueing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevin Carbonara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Attachment 613527

Blizzard figured it out years ago. I'm tired of having to dodge queues because three people "called" mid so they all choose mid chars and plan on going mid lane. Make a new queue for it if you have to. I was in queue for 45 minutes straight the other day because people kept dodging because they couldn't get the role they wanted or someone else was trolling. Solo queue is almost impossible to play in this game.

CaesarFlickerman

02-13-2013

Silly idea, as people are usually malleable to lane positions and the like.

Calys Teneb

02-13-2013

Blizzard hasn't changed their meta for instances in eight years. That's why it's easily implemented for them.

CrazyGoNuts

02-13-2013

Role doesn't quite work, lane would. As in, you pick
My Lane - Check all that you will do: (Top, Mid, Bot, Jungle)
Preference: (Solo, Duo CSer, Duo Support, Any)

Then the matchmaker could just pick a team where everyone gets the lane they want.

Potential problem: Everyone picks top solo and then the queue time is super high to do that. Not really a big problem IMO because everyone just fights for it now, so at least if you ABSOLUTELY just want to top you can just wait out the queue for it.

Anubhys

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGoNuts View Post

Then the matchmaker could just pick a team where everyone gets the lane they want.

Potential problem: Everyone picks top solo and then the queue time is super high to do that. Not really a big problem IMO because everyone just fights for it now, so at least if you ABSOLUTELY just want to top you can just wait out the queue for it.
Thats perfect and as to the everyone picks top solo and then the queue time is super high, That also might work in LOL`s benefit you would force the player base into a more malleable state, instead of creating toxicity in pregame chat.

Flyingbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

No. There's a problem with this: It doesn't involve competing against players.
This works on a game that has done this since its launch. Five players vs. NPCs.

Damage role players wait at least 30 minutes to an hour to get into a match. Tanks and healers are lined up in less than 5 minutes guaranteed.
The problem with this is that too many people want to be damage dealers and there are so few tanks or healers to go around to meet the demand.

You don't HAVE to dodge anything.
That's your choice and you never have to dodge.
What happened to working with your team in a polite manner to come to a solution? Someone being arrogant and destroying the team composition because they can't get their way? Make them eat their mistake.

Ladayen

02-13-2013

Select any role for fast queue.. get in game TOP OR FEED!!

Role selection wouldn't really solve anything

Kevin Carbonara

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGoNuts View Post

This is perfect. Everyone who picks top has longer queues, which encourages people to play the less popular roles if they want shorter queues. And ideally you could queue for multiple roles at the same time, so you could select top and support. You're more likely to get queued in as support, but you could land in a queue as top. The game would tell you on the Accept or Deny screen which role you're queueing as.

Then they could also add a function to report people from queue, in case anyone doesn't stick to their role or trolls or something.

Trashcanx

02-14-2013

this is a great idea in my opinion. i can play top mid and jungle fairly well, im an ok adc and support, but only when i can verbally communicate with my partner, skype etc. This would solve alot of troll problems, forcing good players to dodge. it would also solve the problem of having 2 people who main top in the same game, so one of them has to play a role they arent very good at

MiniJunkie

02-14-2013

/signed

Instead of picking role you could prioritize all roles so that the chances were better to get what you want but not at the sacrifice of long queue times.