Tri-Force

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acorn Thief

02-13-2013

I was thinking about champions who always build triforce, and i wonder if the new frenzy for armor pen could possibly take over this item. For instance, would Jax benefit more from a Black Cleaver? Or possibly a Last Whisper?

And a quick side note: is triforce viable on Lee Sin?

Just a couple of questions that have been floating on my mind, and some nice feedback from more experienced players would be nice. Thanks!

Kawaii Katarina

02-13-2013

Well, for Jax, I wouldn't say Black Cleaver would benefit him more than Trinity Force because of his mixed damage. Trinity Force is perfect on Jax, it really compliments his kit. While Black Cleaver will only procs on physical damage, which not of his abilities do. I am not familiar with Third Strike exactly, isn't it magic damage? I don't see Last Whisper working on Jax either.

You can get it on him but it's really not worth it. It'll help his late game but the problem is he will fall off no matter what and Trinity Force is still expensive. The Sheen part kinda hurts you too, seeing as how you don't get the most out of it. Now, Black Cleaver and Last Whisper do work on Lee Sin though, even then, I'd recommend Last Whisper at best on Lee.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Poppy will always build trinity force or Lich bane. I don't think any armor pen on her would be powerful

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn Thief View Post
I was thinking about champions who always build triforce, and i wonder if the new frenzy for armor pen could possibly take over this item. For instance, would Jax benefit more from a Black Cleaver? Or possibly a Last Whisper?

And a quick side note: is triforce viable on Lee Sin?

Just a couple of questions that have been floating on my mind, and some nice feedback from more experienced players would be nice. Thanks!
Magic damage abilities do not use Armor penetration.

Magikostubs

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanschyso View Post
Poppy will always build trinity force or Lich bane. I don't think any armor pen on her would be powerful
It really just depends on the build

ROKAF JE

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Percivale View Post
Well, for Jax, I wouldn't say Black Cleaver would benefit him more than Trinity Force because of his mixed damage. Trinity Force is perfect on Jax, it really compliments his kit. While Black Cleaver will only procs on physical damage, which not of his abilities do. I am not familiar with Third Strike exactly, isn't it magic damage? I don't see Last Whisper working on Jax either.

You can get it on him but it's really not worth it. It'll help his late game but the problem is he will fall off no matter what and Trinity Force is still expensive. The Sheen part kinda hurts you too, seeing as how you don't get the most out of it. Now, Black Cleaver and Last Whisper do work on Lee Sin though, even then, I'd recommend Last Whisper at best on Lee.

Triforce is viable on Lee, but don't rush it. It's mostly for the Sheen proc, but I find he gets more out of Mallet/Thirster.

Sheen definitely doesn't hurt you on Jax, he uses every stat efficiently and his cooldowns are low enough to basically spam proc it.

Leap Strike is Physical Damage, and so is Counterstrike.
Jax doesn't need much / any ArPen because of his insane mixed damage, though (Weapon Expertise is enough)

Crepeist

02-14-2013

In the current warmogs meta armor pen is actually quite weak.

And most lee sins do not build a trinity.

Ryan187

02-14-2013

You really have to look at your build. Think about this: Is this going to help me? Does this work well with the items I plan on building?

TehFreeeman

02-14-2013

Triforce has tons of damage. no alternative for that.

itsDozier

02-14-2013

Link tries to put this together every game. It's never his first item obtained but it is always his ultimate quest to build it. He always builds it one piece at a time, never all at once. In the end, once he has this item of power, he will defeat the powers of evil that dwell within Summoners Rift.