Showing team gold count?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaChopsticks

02-13-2013

I see all these threads about KDA and I'm confused why everyone thinks getting kills is so important. Sure, they net you gold, but thats the whole point, this game is not about kills and assists, it's about gold earned. Gold earned through kills, objectives taken, and most importantly, CS.

So how many people feel the team gold should be shown on the main HUD, somewhat similar to Spectator mode, but obviously not showing the other team's gold. Perhaps show how much you as an individual have racked up as well over the course of the game?

I forget at the moment if these can be seen in the Tab window, but regardless, it would be much easier if we could see these stats at a glance. It would show everyone that gold matters, not KDA.

Thoughts?

NinjaChopsticks

02-13-2013

No comments from anyone, hm?

ROKAF JE

02-13-2013

I think it's an alright idea, but you can pretty much have an understanding of team gold based on pressing Tab.
I'd definitely not want it in the HUD, but Tab screen would be alright.

DefinitelyNotADC

02-13-2013

Kills are goood because not only do they get you gold, but you can free farm yoour lane for a little earning you more gold, and the opponent looses gold and exp while down and going back to lane.

That being said it's not at all the mosot important thing at all. i would wayy rather be 2/0/4 with 300 cs then 9/7/4 with 150 cs.

OuityDrood

02-13-2013

I would point out that no matter how much gold you have, if you're dieing consistantly, your lane is getting pushed, you're not getting gold or exp, and when that tower goes down, bang. Global gold.

Ice Battle Mage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

MFW feeders end up giving you less gold than a caster minion for a kill, and there is actually no point in chasing them down and killing them

Coolh4x0r

02-13-2013

^ lol
i wonder if this will start a new meta
feeders that play tanks w/cc (i.e. malphite) build only giant's belts (and other cheap HP), tank dmg, and only give 30 gp when dieing. then the rest of the team melts the other team in the teamfight cuz they burst a target worth 30 gp.
XD

NinjaChopsticks

02-14-2013

A couple good points brought up, but anything else from anyone?

Micre

02-14-2013

Problem there Cool. They changed it a while back where assists can reset gold bounty.

Corner Warrior

02-14-2013

I've thought about this before, and although it'd be nice to look at... We have enough ragers that say "down 0-4 gg just gonna farm and surrender at 20"... When they would see they're team is down 7k gold it'd be even worse... It's a good thought, but IMO would just add to more raging