What are the key 3v3 team comps and strategies?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xBombeRx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

What are the team comp strategies in 3v3?

My friends and I have been playing ranked 3s lately because we never could get 5 people together consistently. We are all decent players but we've been struggling with finding good team comps and strategies for 3s.

We really don't understand 3s like we do 5s and I was hoping to get some guidance.

What are the key compositions and roles you always want on your team?

SmokingJoeNL

02-13-2013

Gank. Stand on altars. That's all.

Morrocker

02-13-2013

To be honest I've seen a lot of comps so it's kinda hard to say.
My "team" (aka me n my friends in the same situation as you) usually is composed of a top, very much like SR top, bottom tank n damage. We've also shifted recently to using jungler, so a bot capable of farming against 2 safely is mandatory.
If I'm not wrong the current meta is tanky dps all day long. However, you can shift things in you favor by using certain compositions (like heavy CC), to allow squishier champs into play.
As an example I've been using brand and usually rush Rylais, so I have a decent CC, specially vs 1 guy trying to pick on me.

Hope this helps a little

Shock Jockey

02-13-2013

Bruisers. The god team ive had on 3v3 was:

Darius, swain, shen.

Any tanky character with cc is amazing on this map (xin). Strategy wise, i would suggest being mobile and ganking, being active and calling mia's (since theres no vision).

th3drow

02-14-2013

had a fun flip game today, singed + voli + anivia

flip, flip, death