Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Different pings each game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fleeble

02-13-2013

For a few weeks now I have noticed that when I start a new game I will get one of the three pings: 210ms, 220ms or 250ms, and it will stay at that same ping throughout the whole game. Whatever ping I get it stays constant and I am not getting any stuttering/freezing or anything like that. Sometimes I am lucky and get like three games in a row with 210ms.
I am playing from Perth, Australia on the NA server and normally got 210ms all the time. 220ms is ok, but when I get 250ms I really feel the delay when walking, lasthitting and it effects my play performance a lot.

The only thing I could think of as to why this could be happening is that when 10 players are matched up for a game they are connected at random to one of three servers which are at different locations not too far apart from each-other and if the 10 players are unlucky they will be connected to the server that gives the highest ping?

I don't really know, but does anyone have ideas as to why this is happening or are experiencing the same problem as I am?

Egg

02-26-2013

i would like answers to this too please

LeBrONG

Recruiter

02-26-2013

We aren't the only ones.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/199t0r/please_tell_me_i_am_not_the_only_one_with_mad/

1Matt

02-26-2013

i get this too be interesting to find out why its different some games, also i find if u quit and connect u can get a different ping i do this sometimes to go from 210 to 180.