Different pings each game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fleeble

02-13-2013

For a few weeks now I have noticed that when I start a new game I will get one of the three pings: 210ms, 220ms or 250ms, and it will stay at that same ping throughout the whole game. Whatever ping I get it stays constant and I am not getting any stuttering/freezing or anything like that. Sometimes I am lucky and get like three games in a row with 210ms.
I am playing from Perth, Australia on the NA server and normally got 210ms all the time. 220ms is ok, but when I get 250ms I really feel the delay when walking, lasthitting and it effects my play performance a lot.

The only thing I could think of as to why this could be happening is that when 10 players are matched up for a game they are connected at random to one of three servers which are at different locations not too far apart from each-other and if the 10 players are unlucky they will be connected to the server that gives the highest ping?

I don't really know, but does anyone have ideas as to why this is happening or are experiencing the same problem as I am?

Egg

02-26-2013

i would like answers to this too please

LeBrONG

Recruiter

02-26-2013

We aren't the only ones.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._one_with_mad/

1Matt

02-26-2013

i get this too be interesting to find out why its different some games, also i find if u quit and connect u can get a different ping i do this sometimes to go from 210 to 180.