Rarely Picked Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GTJwolf

02-14-2013

I started to play Syndra in the past week and I think her kit has a lot of potential. Her Q is an amazing poke to be honest as the cast range is quite large compared to other champs. Her E is difficult to set up in some situations but is an amazing way to shut down a jungler gank in lane as you can drop a Q and immediately follow, its almost impossible to miss it.

Also her ulti is simply a single target assassination. Rylais, synergizes real well with her spells as once you land a Q you can start to set up more even easier. Also something fun for someone to try with her is to build Muramana on her. It applies the bonus to each ball fired off on her ulti. Makes for a late game 1500 damage super nuke.

xTheft

02-16-2013

Is it just me or should Galio be in that list. I know he is a support champion but he absolutely sucks in combat.

KidConfucius

02-17-2013

its because most of those champs have higher skill caps ,and/or require more specific team composition and good team coordination.

viktor is extremely strong ( one of my favourite mids ) . he has some of the highest burst , and with his passive gains alot more AP per lvl then most other casters ,so when your ahead you really pull ahead.
He has good aoes , good farm , decent cc. not sure why he isnt picked more.

trundle is a reasonable clearer with decent sustain , and a good tanky 1v1 fighter. but he lacks hard cc and burst , making him very reliant on his team.

cass and syndra are fiddly to play , they require good timing and aim to make effective use of their combos. their raw damage more then compensates for this , but most people simply prefer quick and easy rubbish like ahri or lux.

TheErectedDonkey

03-04-2013

I main Syndra. She isn't really underpowered. Quite large burst damage especially with rabedons you could kill a full hp squishy with Q,E then ult + her cooldowns are quite short with some CD reduction

The Pässion

03-04-2013

Victor is amazing, xerath needs he's spell speed increased as does gragas that movespeed buff they did make it hard for em to hit moreso gragas then xerath so people don't play em as for trundle, well he does not do anything these days, once upon a time tho...

Thief of Space

03-04-2013

Red core on Viktor is really good but the Yellow core is just bad and needs to be changed, Blue is fine if you snowball and need a better follow up initiation tool.

Looks like Ashe and Trist got buffs since those 4 buff Ashe/Trist threads actually were listened to. 4% attack speed per level is much better than 3.2 and 3.05ish.

EVOsentient

03-04-2013

exrath. NEVER picked.

Invictrix

03-04-2013

Cassiopeia and a case can be made for Syndra are pretty strong, but the rest of those champions are underpowered.

Karma and Trundle are due to receive reworks soon. Riot has also said they realize that Warwick is a bit weak right now and plan to buff him.

NODAVG

03-04-2013

Karma - she is not a support, not in the current meta... she is a mage, and a powerfull one... she has good dmg and good utility, but people really need to play her mid...

Trundle and Syndra have the same problem - mobility. Highly mobile enemies ( and honestly, everyone is mobile these days ) outplay them. It's about the jungle mechanism of this game. Nowadays, you don't gank, you dive( Xin, Lee, Jax, Elise, Nasus... ). Trundle was made for the original surprise mechanism ( it doesn't exist anymore, you usually know 15 seconds in advance that you either run away from tower or they will dive you. )

Cassiopea has the same problem, she has no escape.

Ten Inch Rooster

03-04-2013

Trundle's underplayed simply due to his aesthetic, Riot has even said they will never make a champ like Urgot or Trundle again due to how their looks affect the popularity. I'm not saying he couldn't use an animation adjustment on his Q but.... he's not under powered in my opinion.

I like Syndra but I read this once about her and I have to say at least in my experience its spot on, "Syndra takes more time, resources, and planning to do the same amount of damage other mages can do." She can be very high burst yes, but she simply takes too much input to achieve the same results.