I guess this is nothing new to us...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikruti

02-13-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3118000

Interesting thread, Morello asks how the community feels Riot has let them down. He pretty much answers everyone (aside from most champion specific question, even then he answers some of them), even the one's about skins.

Oh, except for any concerns regarding Dominion. Par for the course, but since he's asked the community to express how Riot has let them down, I suggest people go and express their concerns.

Most likely he won't respond but at least we can note it and I know it at least made me feel better to do so.

EDIT: Remember, be polite, be respectful but please do voice your concerns.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

yea i posted in that thread too, no response. I wonder if i can find it...

Quote:
Riot's handling of Dominion was and still is very poor. I'm fairly close to just quitting League of Legends if something isn't done. Riot created a map that i enjoy far more than Summoners Rift but refuses to give us Ranked, promote the map in anyway, or even try to balance it until about a year of ignoring it. The cursor bug still exists and the only bone we were thrown was RiotNome, who hasn't played a Dominion game in god knows how long. And i honestly feel sorry for him. The only people left in the player base are delusional players(myself included) who believe that he will save us from the torment of only have blind pick as an option because draft died when queue dodge penalties were nonexistent for 6 whole months.

We, the Dominion player base, feel marginalized. Riot's handling of Dominion was and still is one of the biggest blunders.
reposted it in hopes of a response

DG Denz Brujah

02-13-2013

Let me add my voice to the cacophony of my fellow Dominion players. Riot's handling of Dominion really needs improvement ... I won't harp on the negative it's been done instead I just want to know where Riot plans to go from here ... As a proud paying contributor (all champs, 20 runes pages, nearing 100 skins etc) like many of the Dominion community love this game mode and feel we at least deserve some answers .... It's appalling that we can't even write on the general forums were the masses can hear our plight as the threads get damn near instamoved to the Dom forums where oddly enough only Dom players read. The explanation that support will come when the population increases but there has been little visible (who knows what's in the works unbeknownst to us) support to help increase the mode and even less to curtail the downright prejudice we receive ... So Pendragon, Ryze, Morello, Lyte and the rest of the crew, the Dominion community is calling you out . What are you gonna do ?

lbgsloan

02-13-2013

Threw in my 2 cents. I like how there's already hostility and backlash there from SR players just because a Dominion player let it be known that we're still alive over here.

Morello won't answer of course, so it was probably just a waste of words.

IronAegis

02-13-2013

It is a bit sad that we are unlikely to get a response while Morello is busy going *** for tat with SR players over potential champ nerfs.

Waii Nosferatu

02-13-2013

I usually never post, but if hes reading it right now, i'll take a chance and pray for some change.

naotasan

02-13-2013

I made ~ 4 posts in that thread shortly after or before Morello replays (~5 minutes) and he over looked every single post...

DSpyder

02-13-2013

Quote:
Riot should be nothing but embarrassed and ashamed about the problems in the alternative game modes.

You can win Dominion at champion select right now and we have been complaining to Riot the entire time. Yegg, Lyte, and Morelle have dismissed our problems as if they don't matter or cheap cop-outs so they don't really have to put work or time into constructing a solid answer to the problem

Wtf riot

When the first thing you post is that, why would you even expect answer?

Malah

02-13-2013

So, someone was courteous enough to remind us of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
we'll be keeping Dominion balance in mind now.
At this point I don't have a problem with going low enough to throw that in Morello's face.

Neglect fosters spite, after all, and we've had plenty of the former.

So, how's this? I think I struck a nice balance between politeness and the truth given how badly Riot has over-drafted trust.

--

The lack of support for Dominion is rather disappointing and it's going to drive me away from this game much sooner than I'd like to go.

And it's a shame, because there's so much opportunity there.

Riot has the chance to do something to bring something totally new and unique to the genre to stand apart from its (wholly inferior) competitors and I'm saddened to see that opportunity ignored when the community has made the effort to reach out and outline exactly what needs to be done without getting any response. The sheer brokenness of Kassadin, the many other picks that are nearly just as imbalanced, the cursor bug, Revive, bot lane, itemization, spawn and minion mechanics, all of these problems are known, documented, and other than the cursor one have had numerous fixes proposed and discussed to death. We can only go so far on our own with no response from your end. Our forum hasn't even had its essential materials stickied.

I mean, can you even imagine the tournament play? (From what I've heard) People go wild over dramatic and crazy team fights that happen with SR tournaments and those happen on Dominion every minute or so. Skip having to hunt between laning to catch exciting combat and "clutch plays", Dominion teams are constantly contesting with each other for the lead and the games are competitive until the very last second. Presuming, of course, that the sheer imbalance at the top of the roster didn't make roadkill out of the map's mechanics because it was yanked into line with the rest of the champions.

The mode has almost zero support at this point, and only more than zero because of Nome's efforts resulting in a few lines of change every few patches. There are no marketing efforts, balance support, or interaction with the community from Riot's end which is pretty much wasting the effort of designing the map and offering it initial support when we've essentially been left to die. I don't want to be dramatic with it, but that's the truth as simply as I can put it when Nome is the only bone that we've been thrown in a long time (where did the people who originally work on the map run off to?) and at this point we hardly even have him anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
we'll be keeping Dominion balance in mind now.
Remember this?

Having that kind of hope dangled in front of us is cruelty. The bystander effect isn't quite as cruel as murder, but .. has anyone watched Cube? I think this sums up our history nicely in forty seconds. She pulled herself up, he meets her halfway, he grabs on, and then you can see the exact moment he stops caring and decides to drop her.

We didn't even get the penultimate step. Most of the time we actually manage to delude ourselves into thinking that we're still hanging on. The LoL macro-community thinks we''re a joke because you treat us like one - we're more than willing to jump through hoops to make change happen but we don't have anything to reach for. Might have been a bit dramatic, but that's despair for you.

If nothing else, be honest: can you count on even one whole hand Rioters who play Dominion regularly?

IronAegis

02-13-2013

Morello gave us a slight nod:

Quote:
This is fair - we've done an very poor job on this. The TT stuff was supposed to be a first strike into some support for other modes, and it won't be the last, but this takes much longer to see results on than something like skins or champs, which has less needed lead-time to get it done.

Not the best answer, but I wanted to mention I agree with this critique.