So... Thresh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QuentinWarden

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by L´cht View Post
Thank you so much guys, i'm going to buy him <3
expect a few fail games as you come to terms with his abilities

and then expect to experience the most fun support in the game

Naezma

02-13-2013

Firstly, I don't recommend playing Thresh RIGHT NOW.
Many people don't know or remember to utilize his lantern, which is really the best spell he has for supporting.

This is how I play Thresh though:
If the enemy ADC has magic damage like Varus or Ezreal I build Hexdrinker and play aggressive.
If the enemy ADC is more like Vayne or Graves, I will build Bulwark + Shurelya's first instead.

I use his kit as CC, not damage. Like Leona, I play him tanky, initiate, and use him to weaken the enemy's ability to run / fight. I ward a lot so I can plan with my team, Sometimes it will be 1v1 or 1v3.. I tell my team to follow me, I run in their team with Q and toss the lantern over and we easily walk away with an Ace.

TL;DR I'm the only good Thresh I've seen, and nobody plays or builds him great. He's free this week and he's not worth playing unless your team knows how to play him.

Doctor Zoidberg

02-13-2013

Thresh is an incredible initiator if you can land Q.

Q > E (towards your team) > R will completely isolate the other team's ADC if they are caught.

Granted, I have played with a Thresh that landed literally NO Q's, didn't lantern, peeled for the enemy ADC (he used E and pushed them right behind their tank line -_-), and ult'd only when running away.

A Thresh can make or break a game. Sadly, a friend and myself are the only decent Thresh's I have seen so far.